Help changing reservation

Hi, I am trying to check to see about changing my reservation. When I look online, it shows a difference of +$650 for the cabin type I would like to change to. However, when I called the representative said it would be $1800 more. When I questioned that figure, she said it was taxes, but that isn't right because when I look at the charge breakdown, it shows the price per person, taxes, port charges, etc. Can anyone help me with this?

I sent an email to customer service, but not sure what to do at this point. Nothing the service rep said on the phone made any sense at all.

Call back and speak to a different agent. Wouldn't even mentioned that you have already called and spoken to an agent.

Just a thought...but make sure you are looking at the correct date on the reservation page...I have had it "jump" in the past to a different date, which can affect the prices the agents are seeing...beyond that...I have no clue what they are seeing...maybe call Crown & Anchor & ask them for help?

If you're absolutely sure you have the right sail date and ship, I would just call back and talk to someone else. I would also ask them to confirm pricing for a couple other categories.

One idea is before you give them your existing reservation number ask them about the pricing for what you're looking for. Get them to confirm it, then once they do, get them to upgrade you.

That way you make sure they're not playing games with you just because you're changing the existing reservation.

Will Crown and Anchor help me?

I am doing 3 people, 2 adults, 1 kid, July 16 sailing, Liberty, balcony guarantee. 4,865.76

I get the exact same price.

Even though you are after final payment you should be able to upgrade only paying the difference. Keep calling back until you get someone that can actually help.

And another call.....and another price....maybe I should just cancel this cruise. I now have zero confidence in this line. This is just insane. They act like they don't know what I am talking about. It really shouldn't be this hard.

Go to the website and put a 24 hour courtesy hold on the balcony guarantee. You can then call them and they will be able to pull up that 24 hour hold and see the price.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I recently had a cabin on a 24 hour hold when I called RC they were saying the price was over $2000 more than what I had showing on my screen with the price broke the down to, I tried to find out the difference and he said my screen says this so that's what it is! I even sent him a copy of what I was seeing on my end and he rattled off a reason that made no sense to me! I told him to cancel it as my 24 hrs were about up as I wasn't paying that much!

I put it on hold. That was a great suggestion, thank you. I will try to call again tomorrow. I just wish I had another number to call, because I think I need a supervisor or something. I also sent a PM through their FB page. I am trying to find another source of help.