Serenade aft-balcony -- Deck 10 or 9?

What room class - JS or D1?

Deck 10 Afts are below the Seaview café. If you look down from the Seaview you can see into the balconies on 1102/4, 1602/4. You can hear talking from above on all of the aft balconies when it is busy. Bar is deck 6 - not a problem. Room 1100, 9256, 8168 are very popular. We have D1 9256 on our two our future trips. These have the widest balconies. Plenty of pictures on the web.

What room class - JS or D1?

Deck 10 Afts are below the Seaview café. If you look down from the Seaview you can see into the balconies on 1102/4, 1602/4. You can hear talking from above on all of the aft balconies when it is busy. Bar is deck 6 - not a problem. Room 1100, 9256, 8168 are very popular. We have D1 9256 on our two our future trips. These have the widest balconies. Plenty of pictures on the web.

Those cabins are below the outdoor section of the Windjammer, Serenade doesn't have a Sea View cafe, it is only still on the Jewel and it is on the side on deck 12, not the back.

We just did the transatlantic in 9660 and it was great no sound problems at all great cabin just a bit of a walk to the back of the ship but keeps you in shape lol.

Only problem we had was the weather 15days of rain didn't get to use the balcony much.

Happy sailing

Brian J

We were on the SOS in March, 10th deck aft. We heard chair noise in the evening when they were cleaning but did not bother us. Not once did we hear any music, it was fairly quiet. Would we select that room again? Definitely. :cool:

Those cabins are below the outdoor section of the Windjammer, Serenade doesn't have a Sea View cafe, it is only still on the Jewel and it is on the side on deck 12, not the back.

Correct - outdoor seating for windjammer is deck 11 aft on all radiance class ships. Nice place to eat and view the sea though , I used the wrong name.

We had room 1602 on the Serenade this past February. We loved it. It is a Junior Suite. Yes it is below the outside section of the Windjammer but we where not bothered my any excessive noise, chair scrapping, music etc. The balcony is big and received lots of sun. We spent a lot of time on the balcony that cruise because of the view of course and the ample room.

I upgraded from a front-facing Category H OV on Deck 7 -- that has the panoramic view that the captain does -- to Category D1 aft-balcony on Deck 10. 1104 to be specific; it has the deepest balcony available.

This is the cruise:

11 Days Caribbean-Southern

Royal Caribbean Int. • Serenade of the Seas

Fort Lauderdale, St. John's/Antigua, St. Lucia/Castries, Barbados/Bridgetown, St. George's/Grenada, Kralendijk, Oranjestad/Aruba, Fort Lauderdale

1 departure date: Dec 12 2016

I think that this is the perfect itinerary for an aft-balcony. Two sea days each way before and after reaching the Antilles. I love Grenade's moonshaped inner harbor. Amazing, and not touristy. We were in Bonaire a few months back and I really thought it was interesting. Near the slave huts in the salt flats is the transmission site of Trans World Radio, the world's biggest (I think) evangelical broadcaster. This was of interest to me because I used to listen to it in my native Finland decades ago.

We have a friend in Aruba. She has shown us two thirds of the island so this gives an opportunity to meet her again.

On Barbados we are likely to do what we have done before -- take a cab to Wissner's beach, a long strip of sand and palm trees not far from the ship. Few, if any tourists there; it's a beach local use. Toilet and change facilities and a bar-restaurant for snacks. Lounges and umbrellas.

Amazingly, there is seemingly little interest in this sailing.

The price I paid was indicative of RCL's aggressive pricing, not the cheapest but still attractive. Hey, I'll be 72 next year. Time to smell the roses at sea.

Edited by barante

We just got off the Jewel where we had 1104. On a previous cruise we had 1100 on the Radiance. No noise other than occasional chair scraping during eating hours. On this cruise, we only heard conversation from above once. The photo from above is somewhat misleading. Yes, if someone leans over the rail in the Windjammer, they can see the outer portion of the balconies below. However, the balconies are very deep and the section with the lounge chairs and small table and chairs is not visible from above. I'd book one of these cabins again without hesitation.