Total Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Tradewinds Transatlantic crossing 2015

scubacruiserx2

Yep we agree . We owe Celebrity a debt of gratitude for helping us to kick the habit . We knew that in our post cruise stay that we would be drinking powdered coffee , so we brought some tea with us to make the switch . We just began that process a little earlier while on the cruise ship . :) :D

The syrup coffee really is atrocious on most lines, I find the cafes such as Cafe al baccio (or Interantional on Princess) to be the only good source on the ships.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Quasar really is a bit of a waste, they hardly hold anything in there and when they do it seems poorly designed. The DJ booth seems to take up far too much space and may give the space a modern feel but doesn't really achieve a decent sound projection from it.

The syrup coffee really is atrocious on most lines, I find the cafes such as Cafe al baccio (or Interantional on Princess) to be the only good source on the ships.:D

On a sub note, Cafe al baccio will open earlier and close later if the demand is there. we had a cruise (Hawaii to Sydney) where they started opening at 5.30 am and closing at 1pm a couple of nights into the cruise.:D

Quasar really is a bit of a waste, they hardly hold anything in there and when they do it seems poorly designed. The DJ booth seems to take up far too much space and may give the space a modern feel but doesn't really achieve a decent sound projection from it.[/quote

On a sub note, Cafe al baccio will open earlier and close later if the demand is there. we had a cruise (Hawaii to Sydney) where they started opening at 5.30 am and closing at 1pm a couple of nights into the cruise.:D

All great observations Mic . Thanks for filling in the blanks . Perhaps we should have been more persistent to encourage an early opening at the cafe . They were very popular throughout the day and we did enjoy their coffee when we had it . :) :D

Thanks for that picture of what it's "supposed" to look like. Can only hope for the next visit. Actually I found that island quite beautiful even in the rain. ☺

Denise

Wow!! Those were outstanding shoots of the same lake landscape.

Blu is a private dining room for Aqua class

IMG_5141-001_zpssg6npg2d.jpg

IMG_5135_zpsnw5v8mp1.jpg

IMG_5129_zpsu5vtm7jo.jpg

IMG_5127_zpsjntn1ey5.jpg

Murano - where we had dinner on the second night of our cruise

IMG_5118_zpsmcy94ob0.jpg

Here's a private room in Murano where the wine is kept and the Chef's Table is held .

IMG_5114-001_zpszxsukdqd.jpg

After having lived in the Sunshine State and cruising the Caribbean you tend to take great sunrises and sunsets for granted . And on a cruise ship you can get both on the same day . However , this was not the case for this cruise . But on our second day at sea , we got a nice one . So here's 6 views of the same sunrise moving from the aft , forward to the bow . Which one do you like best ?

46239cfc-2a71-4976-9033-a4d1ccee3edc_zpsv0fncjck.jpg

IMG_4824_zpsoroduo9u.jpg

IMG_4845_zpsqvfc1qqg.jpg

IMG_4847_zpsoscghby1.jpg

IMG_4841_zpsazjiz0oc.jpg

IMG_4839_zpsfatpgi80.jpg

IMG_5129_zpsu5vtm7jo.jpg

Isn't it strange that Blu on the Eclipse is mainly green?

Last year we did a B2B first on the Equinox (where it's actually blue) and then on the Eclipse so it was glaringly apparent. I asked the Maitre D' and even she said she was puzzled by that and had asked and no one knew the answer. :p

IMG_5129_zpsu5vtm7jo.jpg

Isn't it strange that Blu on the Eclipse is mainly green?

Last year we did a B2B first on the Equinox (where it's actually blue) and then on the Eclipse so it was glaringly apparent. I asked the Maitre D' and even she said she was puzzled by that and had asked and no one knew the answer. :p

Yes , perhaps the yellow lights made the Blu look green . :confused:

No, it's really green.

As I said, we commented on it while sailing. :confused:

it's mainly in blues on the Equinox.

Perhaps you are reading more into it than what there actually is, [B]Blu[/b] is not necessarily Blue.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Definitely the last sunset pic for me.:D

Last sunset picture is my pick of the bunch too too. Just love how the sun is dissolving into the water with the brilliant hue above the horizon :) ..... or was that a sunrise?

Edited by Embrace

We have a unanimous choice , the last sunrise ! And as my thanks for participating , you have won a free sunrise close up .

a3db596d-94d0-466d-bc60-6d23d78c1c8f_zpsii086xk9.jpg

I'm still amazed that in our cyber world 4 people on the opposite side of the world can be connected , in real time with each other . And while one side of the planet is observing a sunrise , the other side may be observing the same sun - as a sunset , simultaneously . :) :D

Oh im too late! I went for the 3rd one from top...love the fiery reflection of the sunrise against the kids club windows. !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope , right on time , the polls are still open . And the Grand prize hasn't be awarded yet ! ;)

Joe,

just found this thread today but better late than never.

Settling in for a nice long read.

I haven't sailed X yet but get my chance next January on the Silhouette (Sky suite aft corner). It's very helpful to me to read your references to the Caribbean Princess, a ship and line I am familiar with.

The photos, as I have come to expect, are peerless and really propel the narrative. What software are you using, if any? I have Lightroom now and am happy with that. I also have Photoshop but haven't found a need to use it so far.

Thanks for sharing!

Norris

Joe,

just found this thread today but better late than never.

Settling in for a nice long read.

I haven't sailed X yet but get my chance next January on the Silhouette (Sky suite aft corner). It's very helpful to me to read your references to the Caribbean Princess, a ship and line I am familiar with.

The photos, as I have come to expect, are peerless and really propel the narrative. What software are you using, if any? I have Lightroom now and am happy with that. I also have Photoshop but haven't found a need to use it so far.

Thanks for sharing!

Norris

Welcome Norris , nice to hear from you again ! Nothing beats a Chicago Winter like a Caribbean Cruise with an aft view ! I still use Google Picasa 3 mostly , and there's color correction button that I like after I've uploaded to Photobucket . It tames the yellow glare from indoor lights . I tried Photoshop/Lightroom but it's a steep learning curve that's above my pay grade . So I just stick with the tried and true . :cool:

Edited by scubacruiserx2