Total Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Tradewinds Transatlantic crossing 2015

scubacruiserx2

With the polls now closed in the UK , we have a winner . # 3's Celebrity's sunrise reflection takes it 4 to 3 . The Grand Prize is a live concert performance from the Royal Albert Hall of Al Stewart's song Nostradamas . The winners may redeem their prize here :

We hope that you enjoy the song as much as we enjoyed the concert in this iconic setting . :) :D

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Last sunset picture is my pick of the bunch too too. Just love how the sun is dissolving into the water with the brilliant hue above the horizon :) ..... or was that a sunrise?

Yes, sorry, sunrise pic not sunset.:o

We have a unanimous choice , the last sunrise ! And as my thanks for participating , you have won a free sunrise close up .

a3db596d-94d0-466d-bc60-6d23d78c1c8f_zpsii086xk9.jpg

I'm still amazed that in our cyber world 4 people on the opposite side of the world can be connected , in real time with each other . And while one side of the planet is observing a sunrise , the other side may be observing the same sun - as a sunset , simultaneously . :) :D

It is wonderful, thanks, muchly.:D

We had the most amazing Super moon last night. Too bad I didn't have my camera at training or I would have taken some snaps.

With the polls now closed in the UK , we have a winner . # 3's Celebrity's sunrise reflection takes it 4 to 3 . The Grand Prize is a live concert performance from the Royal Albert Hall of Al Stewart's song Nostradamas .

We hope that you enjoy the song as much as we enjoyed the concert in this iconic setting . :) :D

Woo Hoo! So uber excited...never win anything. Thanks! Gee whiz, Eclipse has one fancy schmancy theatre...and boy oh boy it can pull in some decent entertainment. I though it was a Perry Grant show for a second [emoji33][emoji13][emoji4]

Now, not so much on with the show, but on with the review [emoji38] .........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by QE2_Fan

It is wonderful, thanks, muchly.:D

We had the most amazing Super moon last night. Too bad I didn't have my camera at training or I would have taken some snaps.

Love the Super moon but it's hard to capture ! Even with a tripod I've lots of junkie shots . :o

Woo Hoo! So uber excited...never win anything. Thanks! Gee whiz, Eclipse has one fancy schmancy theatre...and boy oh boy it can pull in some decent entertainment. I though it was a Perry Grant show for a second [emoji33][emoji13][emoji4]

Now, not so much on with the show, but on with the review [emoji38] .........

Next stop: Bermuda :) :D

Love the Super moon but it's hard to capture ! Even with a tripod I've lots of junkie shots . :o

Yes, it is very difficult with stabilising and poor light. Good news is that it seems we will get a Super Blue moon next month as well.:D

The tours were fun....especially the Stonehenge/Salisbury one....so much better a way to spend a day then straight to London and waiting for a room to be ready.....must say it was the fastest I have moved through a castle though!! Bet you still got lots of good shots of Windsor, especially during your tea with the queen!!! LOL!!:D:D

Billy and I were on Jeanne's transfer also, and it was the perfect choice! It was a wonderful day and we were so glad to meet you all! We just caught up with your review and your pictures are wonderful! We're looking forward to the rest of your review. Hope to see you all again on another cruise adventure!

Well hello to our neighbor to the South . Our son & DIL are in Boca . Enjoy your cruise to Norway and Iceland - that's our next one in September . Maybe your can share some tips with us after you return :cool:

d845e6dc-4055-4f37-bee2-629d04c1d673_zps02qh7uxl.jpg

You may want to take a look at our review of London and Norway found here :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1923693

Loving your review! Could you tell me where this photo was made?

Billy and I were on Jeanne's transfer also' date=' and it was the perfect choice! It was a wonderful day and we were so glad to meet you all! We just caught up with your review and your pictures are wonderful! We're looking forward to the rest of your review. Hope to see you all again on another cruise adventure![/quote']

Thanks , yes it was a great choice with great company . Jeanne really did a great job ! Speaking of Jeanne , we will be seeing her tomorrow and some other folks that we met on the cruise tonight , so we won't be able to post photos for a a couple of days .

d2766f4c-2e1e-489a-834c-d17dbf38eda9_zpsmwk26c4q.jpg

We had great memories of our previous visit there and so we went to bed with visions of calm blue seas , beautiful beaches and friendly helpful people . But we were startled from a sound sleep at 4 AM by a brilliant flash of light and a loud BOOOM , that seemed to shake the ship . Had we just been torpedoed , were we sinking ? :eek: Nope , just a sudden storm , but after all , we're in the Bermuda Triangle !

IMG_4854_zpssubgkmbo.jpg

Thus we began the arduous task of navigating the North Channel to our mooring in the Dockyard .

IMG_5172_zpstqcffoun.jpg

Bermuda is noted for it's many shipwrecks that divers love , but we didn't want to become one of them . The channel is very narrow and lined with coral reef shallows on both sides .

IMG_5173_zpsxae16ppu.jpg

It takes about a hour and a half to safely navigate the channel , but the crew did a great job with the markers so close sometimes , that it seemed like you could almost touch them .

IMG_5174_zpss86lwjij.jpg

Safe and sound at the Dockyard , and the skies had began to clear !

But the NCL Dawn wasn't so lucky , about 2 weeks later , she ran aground in Bermuda .

http://fox8.com/2015/05/19/norwegian-cruise-ship-runs-aground-near-bermuda/

Edited by scubacruiserx2

I'm all caught up! Pictures are all beautiful, as usual. My favorites while catching up were the 3rd on in the surrise series (even though I'm late to that party) and the storm shot coming in to Bermuda. :D

I'm glad you and the Eclipse didn't become one of the Bermuda shipwrecks, but I'm wondering if you had a chance to dive any of them?

Subscribing so I can catch up tomorrow! I love reposition cruises and I'm jealous of your itinerary - I have not done a Transatlantic or Transpacific yet. I haven't even been on a ship since 2013! Time to live vicariously!

By the way, WOW at the Bistro going from $5 to $10 in two years. With so much food on board I almost didn't do it at the old price but figured it was really a 'service charge' for sit-down service. They can keep their crepes for $10.

Edited by Gig103

I'm all caught up! Pictures are all beautiful, as usual. My favorites while catching up were the 3rd on in the surrise series (even though I'm late to that party) and the storm shot coming in to Bermuda. :D

I'm glad you and the Eclipse didn't become one of the Bermuda shipwrecks, but I'm wondering if you had a chance to dive any of them?

No we didn't dive , we were at our flying weight limit with our winter clothing for later in the cruise . We really do prefer reef diving as well . ;)

Subscribing so I can catch up tomorrow! I love reposition cruises and I'm jealous of your itinerary - I have not done a Transatlantic or Transpacific yet. I haven't even been on a ship since 2013! Time to live vicariously!

By the way, WOW at the Bistro going from $5 to $10 in two years. With so much food on board I almost didn't do it at the old price but figured it was really a 'service charge' for sit-down service. They can keep their crepes for $10.

Welcome aboard , it sounds like it's time for a cruise ! Yeah , doubling the price sucks . But we did want to try it and we thought that it was $ 7 before boarding . So we just ate the 6 bucks difference , but it left a bad taste in our mouth . :(

With a quick look at the Dockyard , we set off for a DIY day in Bermuda .

IMG_5179_zpsrgbsckjs.jpg

We had been here before and felt completely comfortable using the local transit system . We made a beeline to the tourist information building for our transit pass .

f270a0ea-a293-418d-b2d3-b4769ab0176a_zpsli2ba0rs.jpg

Our ticket to freedom costs $15 for one day and $25 for two days . It works for the bus or the ferry and they accept American dollars . We walked across the courtyard to the bus stop .

IMG_5185_zps94fygmhy.jpg

We were ahead of the group and the first bus waiting for a few minutes so a quick pit stop was available .

DSC02327_zpspdnogkjn.jpg

DSC02325_zpskwotum0y.jpg

Along the way you could see some evidence of the previous years hurricane that struck the island - the mast of a sunken sail boat .

f4829510-912b-4f44-93ea-54550f1b02ff_zps2bjnswpf.jpg

The Horseshoe Beach overlook

acf1cd55-259c-49f7-8b06-61acdfcd6e3a_zpsgdp9matz.jpg

Walking down the bluff , past the warning sign

IMG_5199_zpsr4pu2slk.jpg

And the cafe with it's beach wheel chair

IMG_5198_zpsrzhttbyp.jpg

You'll enter a flat , wide beach

DSC02329_zpshz46r157.jpg

with clear , calm water and boulders

DSC02342_zpswcy1ehku.jpg

that is absolutely , picture perfect !

IMG_5206_zps86n0yeqj.jpg

The beaches look wonderful.:D

They are....we went to the same area that day.....the water was beautiful....albeit a bit chilly....although we saw some brave souls actually swimming!! Too cool to do that for we Floridians....

They are....we went to the same area that day.....the water was beautiful....albeit a bit chilly....although we saw some brave souls actually swimming!! Too cool to do that for we Floridians....

Ha ha, for us Aussie Melbournians just starting a chilly winter, it would feel like a nice hot spring!! [emoji38]

The beaches look wonderful.:D

Yep they are and more pictures coming up !

Part of the reason that we didn't dive and we also wanted to experience and photo more of the island . :) :D

Edited by scubacruiserx2