Total Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Tradewinds Transatlantic crossing 2015

scubacruiserx2

Ha ha, for us Aussie Melbournians just starting a chilly winter, it would feel like a nice hot spring!! [emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We Floridian Melbournians don't permit improper temperatures at our beaches . Even in the Wintertime , the Gulf Stream keeps us in the Goldilocks zone ! :cool:

A setting on the Sony gave this panorama

7da1edea-aadb-41c0-86f5-fbd790b04095_zpsfklf2w4l.jpg

A perfect place for the kiddies . We wished that we had brought our grandsons .

DSC02331_zps7j874tos.jpg

A small video clip of the area :

The horseshoe shaped beach

DSC02343_zpsbmjuh2es.jpg

The bluff where the road is

IMG_5214_zps3wmf0tih.jpg

Time for a walk and a look back .

IMG_5217_zpsaffagwqd.jpg

:D

IMG_5210_zpshvaueamf.jpg

Another map of the area

209e8ac1-ad7c-4681-b003-aa8ec27f5e53_zpsnvtoglm9.jpg

East end of Horseshoe Bay . Sony cam

IMG_5227_zpsimjgobzs.jpg

Canon cam

IMG_5229_zpskdiiqdg7.jpg

The next set of rocks

DSC02354_zps8lrkchdp.jpg

At the next set , you had to climb over the rocks or dash between waves . We dashed . Video clip:

Which leads to a holey rock

DSC02357_zpsjrlsy3pr.jpg

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Another view

Transatlantic09090.jpg

A couple more shots of this beautiful area

IMG_5235_zps7qfhbd6l.jpg

IMG_5234_zps1vddsmyr.jpg

While we were shooting pictures here , the two younger ladies walked past us - right into a dead end .

DSC02360_zpsofhn1op2.jpg

We headed up the sandy area to the left and here's looking down

4ab56203-6504-4fd8-8f68-97a3ea4334da_zpsyn6zuhhy.jpg

The last photo was from our previous trip here , at the same place .

We Floridian Melbournians don't permit improper temperatures at our beaches . Even in the Wintertime , the Gulf Stream keeps us in the Goldilocks zone ! :cool:

Although I'm not a native Floridian, I seem to have developed that intolerance of improper temperatures in the 11 years I've lived here! I did notice Pat's jacket in the picture next to the bus, so I thought it might be a bit chilly.

While I'm looking at your awesome pictures, I keep thinking you should make them into a calendar. It would be beautiful! :cool:

Although I'm not a native Floridian, I seem to have developed that intolerance of improper temperatures in the 11 years I've lived here! I did notice Pat's jacket in the picture next to the bus, so I thought it might be a bit chilly.

While I'm looking at your awesome pictures, I keep thinking you should make them into a calendar. It would be beautiful! :cool:

One photo fro everyday.:D

Great photos of Bermuda.

I much preferred the improper temperature of Bermuda to the heat of Miami the one day we were there! ;)

I remember saying as I walked out of the hotel, how can anyone live in these temperatures ?

We get the warming gulf stream too, in Wales! It just stops us freezing up in Winter as we are on the same latitude as Labrador in Canada but we rarely get snow and only a few days below freezing. So thanks for sending the gulf stream to us. :D

Edited by Pemcorgimum

When we left the ship it was 64 F with a breeze and a chance of rain . The jacket is more of a raincoat that folds into a pouch when not needed . Thanks for the idea . We really did think that Bermuda has some of the most beautiful beaches that we have ever seen . :) :D

Great photos of Bermuda.

I much preferred the improper temperature of Bermuda to the heat of Miami the one day we were there! ;)

I remember saying as I walked out of the hotel, how can anyone live in these temperatures ?

We get the warming gulf stream too, in Wales! It just stops us freezing up in Winter as we are on the same latitude as Labrador in Canada but we rarely get snow and only a few days below freezing. So thanks for sending the gulf stream to us. :D

I'm sorry if I seemed harsh , I guess that I should clarify my statement to say improper water temperatures . I remember as a young man going surfing in near freezing conditions . But the water was 35 degrees warmer than the air ! We usually vacation in the late spring or fall to cooler climates in an effort to shorten the long summer and to avoid the hurricane season . Our summer pattern in Florida was a little early this year , so you got a little of it . So we were glad to get to Bermuda - the beginning of the cooler European weather . We just don't care for cold water ;)

I'm sorry if I seemed harsh , I guess that I should clarify my statement to say improper water temperatures . I remember as a young man going surfing in near freezing conditions . But the water was 35 degrees warmer than the air ! We usually vacation in the late spring or fall to cooler climates in an effort to shorten the long summer and to avoid the hurricane season . Our summer pattern in Florida was a little early this year , so you got a little of it . So we were glad to get to Bermuda - the beginning of the cooler European weather . We just don't care for cold water ;)

and I agree with you about trying to vacation late spring or early fall to lessen the long summer.....it came so early this year......and the cool air in various locations on the TA were quite welcome by me too, cause now we're in the thick of the heat for the next 5 months...ugh.....:eek:

I also agree that you should make a calendar of your wonderful pictures!!!

and I agree with you about trying to vacation late spring or early fall to lessen the long summer.....it came so early this year......and the cool air in various locations on the TA were quite welcome by me too, cause now we're in the thick of the heat for the next 5 months...ugh.....:eek:

I also agree that you should make a calendar of your wonderful pictures!!!

Thanks Gracie for those kind words ! Our last beach shots from our first day IN Bermuda ( and some from our prior TA ) .

Heading up to the road at South Shore Park , we stopped for some parting shots .

Transatlantic09Joe055.jpg

My favorite

Transatlantic09Joe050.jpg

The throne room

Transatlantic09Joe061.jpg

The overlook

IMG_5251_zpskjpsm7sn.jpg

And the bus stop

IMG_5248_zpshzg5mvil.jpg

A pink pole is the bus toward Hamilton while a blue pole goes away from the city .

Those beach shots are stunning. Make me want to head to the Caribbean but it does not look like that will happen this year.

My Mom is pushing for another Princess cruise, but it would have to be dirt cheap for me to be able to pull it off. And I think I would have to bring my daughter along this time around. LOL. Plus I can hear my husband's grumbles.....so probably won't happen.

No need to say sorry! :D

Swimming in the sea here as a child was always cold water. It was always " take a deep breath and go for it." Don't swim in the sea here anymore. I've experienced warm seas now!

Those beach shots are stunning. Make me want to head to the Caribbean but it does not look like that will happen this year.

My Mom is pushing for another Princess cruise, but it would have to be dirt cheap for me to be able to pull it off. And I think I would have to bring my daughter along this time around. LOL. Plus I can hear my husband's grumbles.....so probably won't happen.

Wow , you have Alaska in a couple of weeks ? We'll trade the Caribbean for Alaska ! Look for flash sales in hurricane season , sometimes low prices are very convincing ! WDW tomorrow and surf lessons for the grandsons in Typhoon Lagoon Tuesday morning @ 5 AM :eek: :):D

No need to say sorry! :D

Swimming in the sea here as a child was always cold water. It was always " take a deep breath and go for it." Don't swim in the sea here anymore. I've experienced warm seas now!

We have become spoiled in our old age , love the warm , clear water . ;)

Wow , you have Alaska in a couple of weeks ? We'll trade the Caribbean for Alaska ! Look for flash sales in hurricane season , sometimes low prices are very convincing ! WDW tomorrow and surf lessons for the grandsons in Typhoon Lagoon Tuesday morning @ 5 AM :eek: :):D

Well it's still 8 weeks. But lots to do this summer before then.

I am going to watch for those flash sales too.

I wish I was going to WDW tomorrow and I would get up at 5 for that!;)