largest D1 balcony on Quantum

I had one on the hump area 12646 great balcony. I really liked this cabin. I would think the cabins right below ie 11246 or 10246 would also have a large balcony

15979108676_b7c0cee6ed_c.jpg

All the D balconies on Quantum have the larger balconies. Some may be slightly larger but not much. I would pick based on cabin location. The deck plans are pretty close to being to scale so it is easy to see the difference in size of the balconies.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=13&shipCode=QN&shipProfile=1623&sailDate=1150612&hasNavigation=false

That looks like what I want, deep so you can spread out

Thanks

Your welcome :) I had that balcony and cabin on two separate sailings of Quantum. LOL to your edit below :)

Edited by emmy

We had 12248 which is even deeper - probably the biggest if you look at the deck plans and we've booked the same again for Ovation next year :) although to be honest any of those deep hump balconies are great

• 3 months later...
Emmy...was the bed by the bath or the balcony in your cabin?

Thanks.

Ann

Ann...the bed was closer to the bath with the couch close to the balcony doors. Desk was across from the couch

The bed is positioned between to closet sections

When we sail on Anthem, I can tell you how that bed works. On Explorer, the bed wasn't like a conventional sofa bed. The seat slid out toward the isle, and then the back of the sofa folded flat.

It definitely took up more floor space when the sofa was in bed configuration. It left enough room to get through - similar to the space between the foot of the regular bed and the wall. I believe we could walk through without turning sideways.

I suppose a person could just lay on it to sleep. On some ships, there are Pullman beds, but I am not sure if this is available on Quantum class ships. Here is a random picture I found on the internet:

64042.jpg

No Pullman beds on Anthem.

IMHO, this is a huge design flaw. Most people who want 4 to a cabin don't want to sleep 2 people to a sofa bed. I would imagine in most cases, its 2 parents and two kids. Even two kids typically wont want to share. They should have done a sofa that "turns over" like DCL (taking up exactly the same floor space) and a Pullman bunk above. Or on NCL, the sofa stays as is and sheets and bedding just get put on at night. I am hating the thought of that sofa bed pulled out like that every night from 7pm (I assume the room steward is going to do it early even though teen wont be sleeping in it until 1am or later)

I think I'll be the one telling you for sure, Rob. 65 days for us! We're on the 11/22

I think I asked this elsewhere but now can't seem to find it. For balcony vp cabins that sleep 2 rather than 3 or 4- how are these set up? Are they missing the sofa bed? What's in its place?

And I replied to you on that other thread. :)

The balcony cabins all have sofas; in the cabins that sleep 3/4, I've read that the sofa opens up to a sofa bed.

Edited by Turtles06

We had 12248 which is even deeper - probably the biggest if you look at the deck plans and we've booked the same again for Ovation next year :) although to be honest any of those deep hump balconies are great

We have a similar cabin booked and I was wondering if the view is slightly obstructed because it is on the back side of the hump? :)

We are booked on Anthem in cabin 12248. I would love to see pictures of the balcony, if you would be willing to post them.

Also, did you think the cabin was darker since the balcony is so deep?

Thanks for your help. Stacey