Britannia obstructed view cabins

Sandra Smudger

Many thanks for the photo kevinyork. That's a coincidence as I've booked G411. Is this the view from G419 or G411?

Hi Sandra,

I deleted my post as I got confused. We never realised Java was below us since there was still a lifeboat outside our balcony but looking at the plans it doesnt show a life boat outside of Java. So Im still confused by the deck plans.

The pic is G411, and its a nice cabin and with the benefit of the sofa and two bedside cabins so is a touch larger than regular balcony cabins. If you look left and right from the balcony then you realise that its definately one of the least restricted balcony cabins.

e4a1cea5b49ef96f7cf7841ec027f4a9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by kevinyork

Yes it is confusing as on the deck plan G411 is above Java but there are no lifeboats above Java. Was it quiet or could you hear noise from the bar below?

We were on a pretty cold weather cruise so the terrace outside was hardly open. In the evening Java isnt open, its an overflow seating area served by waiters from the Chrystal Room. In any case we never heard a peep. Worst noise was the squeek of the balcony door overnight as we sailed over the Bay Of Biscay. We had an excellent cabin stewardess, one of the best we have had.

We would be very happy to be in that cabin again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...

I've just re-read my query from some time ago.  It's been a long time since we sailed on Britannia but I just had to say that the pic shown above of the view from the balcony of G411 is incorrect.  This is the view from G411 and as you can see, there is no obstruction, but the noise inside the cabin 24/7 which I think is from the ship's air conditioning system directly below, is quite significant.  A great cabin if you're deaf but if you're bothered by noise you need to go higher up.   Just thought I'd correct this error.

IMG_0104.thumb.jpg.d63793e8af4b3049cb36ddc8b0474414.jpg 

We have stayed in G407 a few times, it is above the smoking area outside of Java, but we can honestly say we have never been bothered by smoke or noise. I have read somewhere that in the upcoming refit, the Glasshouse is being extended to this side as well, so hopefully they will move the smoking area.

There is absolutely no obstruction straight on or below, but if you look to the left you can see the lifeboats a few cabins up.

Looking at the deck plans, G411 looks the same.

This is a great position on the ship, midship and low down, so very little movement.

Have a fantastic time.

Andy

Hi We had same issue with noise from air conditioning when staying in cabin above java G deck.

It drove us mad so we hassled until we got moved.

Following year we had G226 obstructed view grade but with no obstruction and no noise issues.

G226 or G227 great cabins. Also when we sailed Java was the smoking area.

On 5/31/2015 at 3:42 PM, Sandra Smudger said:

Can anyone tell me what the views look like from the balconies of obstructed view cabins on Britannia? Particularly interested in the cabins above the Java cafe. These cabins seem to look over the deck. Is this right?

If you search on this website for "Britannia cabin G125" (top right of page)  there is a link made by myself on post#2 which shows the view from all obstructed balconies on Britannia.  (Unfortunately the original poster of Britannia cabin G125 thread clicked twice and duplicated the post giving two versions).

Scroll to bottom of the page on the link and choose a cabin number.

Regards John

Edited by john watson