Sun Question

SSFun

Hello! We have a friend that sailed on one of Norwegian's larger ships and he was upset that he didn't realize that he needed to make reservations ahead of time for the shows, spa, etc. I was wondering if the same holds true for the Sun. I haven't been able to find anywhere to make these types of reservations. The only thing that I see I can make reservations for is dining. Also, how difficult is it to get reservations at the specialty restaurants using onboard credit once we are onboard? We have a fairly large group and would like to make reservations on the night of one of their birthdays.

The only reservations that are needed are dining and spa, we found that making dining reservations was pretty open once on board, but with a very large group, you would probably want to call NCL and pre-book that.

When you say larger ships, do you mean the newest ones? I was on the Sun and you could not make reservations for the shows. Can you make reservations for shows on the Jewel, my next cruise?

When you say larger ships, do you mean the newest ones? I was on the Sun and you could not make reservations for the shows. Can you make reservations for shows on the Jewel, my next cruise?

No, you can't since there's room for folks. Only the newest megaships require reservations for the shows.

Thanks for the responses. Good information. As for making reseravations on the Jewel, I am not sure - hopefully someone else will be able to answer your question.

Nope, no reservations possible or needed.

Edited by NMLady

Thanks for the response. Another benefit of the smaller ship ;)

To illustrate your point even further, the theatre on the Sun holds 982 people. The theatre on the Jewel (she's a lovely ship by the way, you will enjoy her!) holds 964. Somewhat larger ship with a slightly smaller theatre. But check this tidbit out, the theatre on the Breakaway only holds 800! :eek: THAT is why you need reservations on the larger ships. Yes, there are more venues on the mega ships, but they all seem to be smaller.

Just back from the Sun. You do not need reservations for shows. You cannot make spa reservations before you get on board. However, you can make reservations at the specialty restaurants ahead of time. Never tried with the main dining rooms. But they seemed fairly efficient. If you want to do a specialty restaurant, some are better than others for accommodating large groups. I had a party of 8 which was no problem at Le Bistro, Cagney's or Moderno. We had issues at Teppanyaki and they made us split up at La Cucina. Have fun!