Need help from all the ladies

angelsop99

I use a big purse to get onboard, to fit documents, money, etc.

From the moment we get to the cabin and drop off the baggage, I am pretty much off duty. DH has cards, camera whatever else for the week. I am only on duty in port, as I also use a purse that I wear around the neck/shoulder, so I don't have to really carry anything.

Now I don't feel so alone...I thought I was the only one who shoves the Seapass into her bra (or digs it out) when she thinks (hopes?) no one is looking!! If I tried carrying around a purse, I know I'd leave it somewhere. I do use a lanyard on ship and shore when not dressed up. DH always wears something with pockets, but my beach wear doesn't have any. :p

I have one of those id holders that alot of people use for their work IDs

this way I just wear it around my neck.

On shore excursions or if I am going into the pool or something I have one of those waterproof boxes that also goes around my neck this way hands are free.

Formal nights I have a small purse I take with me. As my "neckwear" doesnt look so good with my nice dress. :p

it's a generation thing. elderly ladies clutch their "pockabooks" with both hands and

would fight off the devil himself before they'd let go. I think 95pct of the rest of

the pax do the wallet on a string thing if they have too much stuff for pockets, and

a little evening bag for nights. I carry my menu glasses (the cheap magnifying ones) in

a small bag so I don't have to wear glasses to the dining room.

it's a generation thing. elderly ladies clutch their "pockabooks" with both hands and would fight off the devil himself before they'd let go. I think 95pct of the rest of the pax do the wallet on a string thing if they have too much stuff for pockets, and a little evening bag for nights. I carry my menu glasses (the cheap magnifying ones) in a small bag so I don't have to wear glasses to the dining room.

HaHa!! I can picture that! Especially since I'm one of those "elderly ladies" :p BUT I don't carry a "pockabook" unless I absolutely have to. The discrete "stick it in your bra" is a much better way to keep track of such an important piece of plastic, since we elderly ladies are apt to be forgetful! :D

it's a generation thing. elderly ladies clutch their "pockabooks" with both hands and

would fight off the devil himself before they'd let go. I think 95pct of the rest of

the pax do the wallet on a string thing if they have too much stuff for pockets, and

a little evening bag for nights. I carry my menu glasses (the cheap magnifying ones) in

a small bag so I don't have to wear glasses to the dining room.

Don't hang on too tight - my mother was mugged, knocked to the ground and all she was left with was the strap - the bastard ended up with her purse and $20. This happened 1/2 block from her house at 10 a.m.

Now on a lighter note, do you suppose if I got a bigger bra I'd have room for my S&S, glasses, chapstick, schedule, etc???:rolleyes:

Carry on bag for airport and onto ship.

I use my pockets while on ship, if I have no pockets I have a tiny purse on a string for necessities.

I usually use a fanny pack at the Ports.

My mom and dad got DH & I matching fanny packs from their last

X cruise that holds a water bottle too....so we'll be using those this trip....although we won't be on X this time....oh well! =)

I am going to be honest here and will get a round of boos I am sure. Fanny packs. I have never, in my ENTIRE life (41 years) met ANYONE they look good on. Yes I know, they hold stuff and are convenient and if that is fine with you then so be it. Just please note that most women have "hip issues". Yes we all do. They are SUPPOSED to look like that. Not like Pamela Andersons! She is the freak here ladies. Truly. However a fanny pack just makes it all look so frumpy. If I could "fix" one thing about American tourists it would be to snip off every fanny pack in the known universe! Every last one of em. I do not know one figure it would not help 100%. I get that they make life easier when traveling and I let it go but if I could? YOu bet I would.

I am done now. Thank you.

Don't get me started on 80's hair, bicycle shorts, unless you are on a bicycle, or bad ponytails.

If I don't have pockets I do the bra thing too. Can't abide the thought of carrying around a purse and just don't care for necklaces let alone lanyards.

There is plenty of time for discreeting removing it BEFORE you need it and returning it after using it.

Several years ago I bought a braclet type, about 3 inches wide with a

zipper, it's made of cloth that's made to fit around your wrist you

place your sea pass, money and even a lipstick tube, zip it up and it's

very secure and lays flat, wear it around the ship all day. When going on

shore I wear a small wallet type around my neck, to hold sea pass, credit

card, copies of our passports, etc. I sometimes tuck it under my t-shirt.

When going to a beach I have a water proof holder with a cord that goes

around your neck (bought it on the ship) holds your sea pass, etc.

For formal evenings, a small handbag. I'm ready to cruise.

I just carry my card in my pocket. If I am wearing something that doesn't have pockets I have a very small "wallet on a string" that I use. I do have a small flat material bag (credit card size) that snaps onto my bra straps and hangs in my umm, cleavage area LOL :D . I have used it to carry my valuables while I am traveling by plane. I never thought of using it on the ship, but it would work.

Heres a link to one similar to what I have: http://www.organize-everything.com/perbrastas.html

I am going to be honest here and will get a round of boos I am sure. Fanny packs. I have never, in my ENTIRE life (41 years) met ANYONE they look good on. Yes I know, they hold stuff and are convenient and if that is fine with you then so be it. Just please note that most women have "hip issues". Yes we all do. They are SUPPOSED to look like that. Not like Pamela Andersons! She is the freak here ladies. Truly. However a fanny pack just makes it all look so frumpy. If I could "fix" one thing about American tourists it would be to snip off every fanny pack in the known universe! Every last one of em. I do not know one figure it would not help 100%. I get that they make life easier when traveling and I let it go but if I could? YOu bet I would.

Don't get me started on 80's hair, bicycle shorts, unless you are on a bicycle, or bad ponytails.

Oh yeah...I SO agree with you. I've never worn one for the very reason you stated above....my hips, belly, and butt don't need any more attention drawn to them. LOL

I have never thought of using my bra to keep my seapass in. I have had bad experiences, I guess you could say. I worked at a department store when I was younger and some of these "big chested" women would pull their money out of their bra and it would be all sweaty. Yuk!!! I wouldn't want to take anything from anybody that had it in their bra. Now, I'm not saying that everyone is sweaty or dirty. This is just my opinion:)

I will just stick with my fanny pack. I do use a small purse at dinner, though.

Kay

I don't believe in fanny packs or even lanyards. I guess its just my age (17) but I personally think they look tacky. Then again, apparently it is "old lady" to always carry a purse. I never go out without my good sized bag. I keep my life in it. On my last cruise, I had a big cotton shoulder bag that I carried everything I needed in so I wouldn't have to go back to my room for sunscreen or a magazine. I also used it as a beach bag. I had a smaller purse for dinner. This upcoming cruise I will probably do the same. For some, carrying around a large bag isn't convenient, but I'm used to it and like having everything right there with me!

No boos from me!! I actually used to use one when I went to Disneyland a lot with the kids years ago. I just hate carrying around a purse. But, even then, I would carry it over my shoulder and only put it around my waist when going on a ride. It's still around here, somewhere. They truly look stupid.

I have a beach bag that I'll use to go to the pool or onshore, but I make sure it's one the DH will carry, too, so we can take turns. Onboard, it's pockets and a small evening bag.

Sometimes I'm just amazed just what people have to carry along with them, do they really need every piece of camera equipment, jackets, many bottles of water, full sized sunscreen. I've often wondered, when you see a family of 4, why all 4 of them are carrying full sized backpacks? When we get off the ship, it's one camera, one water bottle each, a small bottle of sunscreen, our cash and seapass card in our pockets. While I'm at it (wondering why in the world people do the things they do) whatever do people need full sized diaper bags for? When my kids were babies, I carried one change of clothes, one or two diapers, a small container of wipes, a couple of food jars, no bottles (b-fed). I see people bring in huge diaper bags into restaurants and have to wonder, will they really change a poopy diaper in the middle of a restaurant? Not me, I took them out to the car if I had to, carried their food in my purse and just dealt with any emergencies with what was on hand. I guess I've always liked to travel light. Even when I go to work, all I carry is my lunchbox (can't leave the premises) it has a pocket for keys, lipstick, a bottle of advil, toothbrush/paste. I see other women I work with not only carrying purses, lunchboxes, but also tote bags. What in the world is it they cannot be without?

Okay, I'm done.

Bras are the best -- keep my cash/card there. Small bag for evening -- fanny pack, with net holder for water, for shore -- light beach bag for pool/excursions where jacket/umbrella/lunch may be warrented.

If one is hung up on anything OTHER than comfort/ease and security with travel gear -- they must be the youth crowd, although I have to admit I never wear athletic shoes on vacation, except for in the gym (we all have out tacky tourist lines in the sand). When the day comes, however, when those are the most comfortable for my feet, I won't care what anyone else thinks about it.

Archived