Unwanted upgrade

Last august we booked a family trip on allure for july 2015. It was important that we got interconnecting rooms as our two boys are only 1 and 3so we booked interconnecting interiors on deck 9 . Today i went to mycruise account my room has been upgraded to oceanview on deck 12 but our other room remains on deck 9. Ordinarily we would love an upgrade but we absolutely need that interconnecting room . I rang customer service who were able to confirm the upgrade but cant do anything to change back. I have to ring my travelagent in the morning. Do you think that the travel agent will sort it back for us?

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

Hopefully the other cabin wasn't booked yet, and if it was they can offer them the upgrade. It happened to me once. I had a PR cabin on deck 6 and they upgraded me to OV on deck 2. All my friends were on deck 6 and it was the first time I was cruising after my Husband passed away. I had the cabin by myself. My friends were in a balcony room right across from me. I called as soon as I saw the upgrade, I cried, and they got me my room back.

Good Luck, I hope it all works out.

Last august we booked a family trip on allure for july 2015. It was important that we got interconnecting rooms as our two boys are only 1 and 3so we booked interconnecting interiors on deck 9 . Today i went to mycruise account my room has been upgraded to oceanview on deck 12 but our other room remains on deck 9. Ordinarily we would love an upgrade but we absolutely need that interconnecting room . I rang customer service who were able to confirm the upgrade but cant do anything to change back. I have to ring my travelagent in the morning. Do you think that the travel agent will sort it back for us?

Just a thought... Why don't you put a "courtesy hold" on the room that you had on deck 9. Then when you call you TA on Monday it will still be available.

Log onto the RCL website (or call RCL again) to see if your original (or other) interconnecting rooms are now showing as "available". If so, put a 24-hour hold on them and contact your TA ASAP and advise if you were able to re-select and "hold" your original/other rooms.

In the future it may be a good idea to update your "Upgrade Preferences" online for each cruise booked, as this may change from cruise to cruise, especially when traveling with kids, friends or a group.

Hope it all works out well for you!

A year ago for a Coastal I was doing with friends, as DH didn't want to go on a 7 day, the cruise lines without notice moved me out of a mid ship balcony to way forward. They notified my TA who firmly told them to put me back in my original cabin. It was done ASAP. I learned of the switch because I had gone in to check on my bookings and called my TA who had just gotten off the phone with the agent. she got a kick out of my calling because she told the agent I would be calling her immediately because I monitor my bookings and here I am calling in in a matter of minutes of her chat with the cruise lines.

I would just keep the upgrade!!! and enjoy. We cruised with our 3 kids when they were little and always needed 2 rooms because we were 5 and RCCL does not allow 5 in a room... Sometimes we were split up and it worked out fine.... We even booked an inside and a balcony ... We loved having a balcony room and spent most of the time in the balcony room together..... all 5 of us and hardly used the inside room at all... Hubby would run down with one kid and use the bathroom and that was it..... got a roll away and we all shared the one room most of the time... consider keeping the oceanview and making it work! Feel lucky for the upgraded view! See if they can move the inside room to an area around the new upgraded room.

I would just keep the upgrade!!! and enjoy. We cruised with our 3 kids when they were little and always needed 2 rooms because we were 5 and RCCL does not allow 5 in a room... Sometimes we were split up and it worked out fine.... We even booked an inside and a balcony ... We loved having a balcony room and spent most of the time in the balcony room together..... all 5 of us and hardly used the inside room at all... Hubby would run down with one kid and use the bathroom and that was it..... got a roll away and we all shared the one room most of the time... consider keeping the oceanview and making it work! Feel lucky for the upgraded view! See if they can move the inside room to an area around the new upgraded room.

There is no way a rollaway will fit in an oceanview on the Allure.

To the OP, were the two kids booked into their own cabin? If they were, the cruise line has broken its own rule by moving one cabin to another deck. If you had booked one parent and one kid in each, though they haven't broken their own rule, your TA should be able to get the cabins you had originally booked. Don't back down, get what you booked.

Thanks so much for the replies. Our other interconnecting room is not showing as available! My upgrade preferences were changed for this trip to the i am traveling with family option! Our children are only tots so we cant leave them myself the only thing todo is my husband and i could split up and take one child each but thats not a very nice family holiday. My inlaws are also booked on deck 9we wanted to be close to them .

The problem is more likely due to the fact that the OP did not mark their C&A upgrade preferences to either :

• I do not wish to upgrade my stateroom
  • I would like an upgrade but have restrictions :
  • If I am traveling with friends or family and would like our rooms to be near one another

It''s important to do this when you an automatic upgrade is not wanted.

My upgrade preferences were marked as i was traveling with family and friends!

Dial this number right now and firmly insist that they put you back in connecting cabins with your toddlers! :eek: 800-526-9723

My upgrade preferences were marked as i was traveling with family and friends!

Just as a note, all adults should have their upgrade preferences updated.

I would also insist that they move the cabins back together.

With kids aged 1 and 3, just being close by will NOT work...children that young need that connecting doorway for immediate access.

No we had booked form Ireland. I rang my travel agent today and it looks like the others who booked our original interconnecting cabin are going to be offered our upgraded cabin. Hope they will enjoy it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No we had booked form Ireland. I rang my travel agent today and it looks like the others who booked our original interconnecting cabin are going to be offered our upgraded cabin. Hope they will enjoy it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let us know the final outcome. They need to make this right, even if they have to move all 3 cabins to do it!

how do we select not to be upgraded? I've looked all in the dashboard and can't find anything and i do not want to lose the room I have.

If you are not a C&A member, then there won't be any place to select "no upgrade" on the web. Instead, call whoever booked your cruise and ask them to put a "no upgrade" note on your booking.

If you are not a C&A member, then there won't be any place to select "no upgrade" on the web. Instead, call whoever booked your cruise and ask them to put a "no upgrade" note on your booking.

i enrolled, and have a number. Is that not enough?

i enrolled, and have a number. Is that not enough?

Log in to (or create) your My Cruises account on Royal's website. Make sure your C&A number is associated with the account. Once that is done, you should have a Profile section, and Upgrade Preferences under that.

Log in to (or create) your My Cruises account on Royal's website. Make sure your C&A number is associated with the account. Once that is done, you should have a Profile section, and Upgrade Preferences under that.

thank you for your help. I've got nothing. my options are cruising or onboard preferences...no upgrade preferences. I guess i'll call. Thank you again!

thank you for your help. I've got nothing. my options are cruising or onboard preferences...no upgrade preferences. I guess i'll call. Thank you again!

Sounds like your C&A number is not associated with your My Cruises account.

I would definitely call... It's probably not you or a problem with your C&A number not being linked to you My Cruises account.

Royal has been "updating" the C&A section of the website for the past several weeks and there are a lot of us that have been unable to access either your upgrade or amenity preferences (me included). I just checked and I'm still not able to access the information on my account.