Cruise Critic Community
sammiedawg

Rosyth, are there any vendors there looking for passengers

We will be in Rosyth later this week and this is the one port I'm unsure about. We are not sure we want to go Into Edinburgh as we spent two days there last year.

I read through CC and TA and found an old post about free courtesy buses to Dumberline? I'm not sure if I spelled it correctly. Do those buses still run? Is that Worthwhile?

Will there be any vendors, trams, tour buses at the dock for independents to join? Harbour cruises?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi there, don't know which ship you're on but I'm one of the volunteers at Rosyth and we do indeed provide a shuttle into Dunfermline. It runs every hour al morning. Donations are welcomed. Dunfermline is the historic capital of Scotland and the birthplace of Andrew Carnegie and visitors always enjoy their trips there.

You can also get to Edinburgh by taking taxi from the terminal at cost of £7 to Inverkeithing railway station then a train Edinburgh. The trains run every 10-15 minutes and take around 25 minutes to get to Edinburgh Waverley in the City centre.

For more info, check our website:

http://www.cruiseforth.com

Hi there, don't know which ship you're on but I'm one of the volunteers at Rosyth and we do indeed provide a shuttle into Dunfermline. It runs every hour al morning. Donations are welcomed. Dunfermline is the historic capital of Scotland and the birthplace of Andrew Carnegie and visitors always enjoy their trips there.

You can also get to Edinburgh by taking taxi from the terminal at cost of £7 to Inverkeithing railway station then a train Edinburgh. The trains run every 10-15 minutes and take around 25 minutes to get to Edinburgh Waverley in the City centre.

For more info, check our website:

http://www.cruiseforth.com

Thanks so much. We will be in your port Friday, Oceania Nautica. We may well take the opportunity to visit Dunfermline.

Thanks so much. We will be in your port Friday, Oceania Nautica. We may well take the opportunity to visit Dunfermline.

I think when Nautical was in last week, the ship was running a shuttle to and from Inverkeithing station so that would make life a whole lot easier. From Inverkeithing you can get to St Andrews as well as Edinburgh.

Rosyth is an industrial port so you're not allowed to walk anywhere on the site which makes things tricky. It might help you to know that two of the volunteers will be running an info desk on the ship and I will probably be in the terminal to answer questions. The volunteers all wear purple jackets so we're easily recognised