Cruise Critic Community
doreman

Prague Hotels and etc

Is 3 days in Prague a good time at the end of a river cruise? What are some good hotels centrally located that I can check on? What are some things we need to do while there? Thanks again

Is 3 days in Prague a good time at the end of a river cruise? What are some good hotels centrally located that I can check on? What are some things we need to do while there? Thanks again

We liked the Maximilian Hotel. Check tripadvisor.com for reviews of that, and other, hotels. I think 3 or 4 days is an excellent amount of time in Prague.

We love Prague!

We especially enjoyed our stay at Barcelo Old Town Praha two years ago. Great location and very good value. Modern rooms.

On both trips we enjoyed the better part of a day spent with a wonderful private guide, whom I highly recommend: Andrea Řezníčková - email is Andrejka2002@seznam.cz

Prague is a delightful city. We enjoyed it very much, staying in an apartment the old city. Before leaving home we printed maps from the internet, walked a lot in the city and caught buses and trains to places outside the old city.

I didn't see any of the large chain hotels represented in the old city. Trip Advisor is a good site for recommendations for hotels and for things to do that appeal to you. Check the forum for unexpected customs like the small charge in some restaurants for use of condiments and cutlery, for "extras" like bread and tap water. Also for avoiding taxi scams.

There are excellent government sponsored web sites of Prague's many attractions, e.g. "visit Prague welcome".

While we were there, we found the Tourist Information Centre next to "the clock" in the main square very helpful.

We stayed in the Old Town Hilton last year. The rooms were very large and nice. The location was great because we could walk everywhere we wanted to go. 3 days is perfect.

We stayed at The Hilton Old Town and really enjoyed our stay as well as their breakfast buffet. I made our reservations online thru the Hilton website but exchanged emails with the hotel directly to ask questions and make specific requests. Very easy.The hotel is just a short walk from Old Town Square. Lots of restaurants close by too. The hotel is literally over the metro station and down the street from tram lines. The Marriott is right across the street.

Hotel General is a small independent hotel located in a bit of an odd location (a somewhat industrial area catercorner from the Staropramen brewery) but is much more convenient than you'd think. And the personal service, rooms and breakfasts there are all exquisite. Don't discount it.

Edited by MaxBuck

Wow, Rebel.

That is a really gorgeous apartment for $100 with breakfast, printer, cell phone and 124 great reviews. You did very well. I sort of wished I had done the AirBnB again in Prague. You can't go wrong and the Host will be a great help to you. Have a wonderful time there. ;)

Wow, Rebel.

That is a really gorgeous apartment for $100 with breakfast, printer, cell phone and 124 great reviews. You did very well. I sort of wished I had done the AirBnB again in Prague. You can't go wrong and the Host will be a great help to you. Have a wonderful time there. ;)

Her rate depends on the time you go so I paid a wee bit more, but based on location and the amenities she provides it's worth it. Will be nice to be able to prepare meals in and not eat out every day.

Would you have any idea how far (approx.) we will be from the Inter Continental? I haven't been there since the 80's so I can't remember. I remember a crazy huge meal we ate at the IC for about 5 bucks. I'm sure it's not that cheap anymore.

OP what do you enjoy? Do you enjoy good food? I've heard lots of good things about the Taste of Prague tour. Do you want some beautiful photographs? There's a nice photography tour you can take. Prague is such an amazing city. We will be there a week and I fear we might miss something!

We were in Prague for 4 days after a cruise in May 2014 and stayed at the Arcadia Residence, which is about 1/2 block from the Astronomical clock. We had 2 apartments in this wonderful b&b--huge rooms, wonderful staff, and they bring breakfast to your apartment at whatever time you choose. Check it out on Trip Advisor, and you can believe all the wonderful recommendations for it.

Her rate depends on the time you go so I paid a wee bit more, but based on location and the amenities she provides it's worth it. Will be nice to be able to prepare meals in and not eat out every day. Would you have any idea how far (approx.) we will be from the Inter Continental? I haven't been there since the 80's so I can't remember. I remember a crazy huge meal we ate at the IC for about 5 bucks. I'm sure it's not that cheap any more.

HI, REBEL,

I would e-mail your Hostess and ask her the distance. She will know exactly! ;)

I would like to know about that restaurant also because the food at our Hotel (Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, Zitna 561/8) is very costly. $15 and more for dinner.

Thanks for your help!

Donna

Edited by Di Princess

We were in Prague for 4 days after a cruise in May 2014 and stayed at the Arcadia Residence, which is about 1/2 block from the Astronomical clock. We had 2 apartments in this wonderful b&b--huge rooms, wonderful staff, and they bring breakfast to your apartment at whatever time you choose. Check it out on Trip Advisor, and you can believe all the wonderful recommendations for it.

May I ask how much you paid for the Acadia Residence? :confused:

I think we paid about $250 a night for the attic apartment, which was the biggest and best of their apartments (and this was when the Euro cost about $1.33).

We took the train from Budapest after our river cruise last year and stayed at the Friday Hotel. It was a very nice place, very close to the Old Town Square in a car free area. It wasn't too expensive and had a fabulous breakfast and coffee, tea and juice were available all day. Check it out!

HI, REBEL,

I would e-mail your Hostess and ask her the distance. She will know exactly! ;)

I would like to know about that restaurant also because the food at our Hotel (Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, Zitna 561/8) is very costly. $15 and more for dinner.

Thanks for your help!

Donna

Di:

I was bored last night and was playing on Google Earth. It's only about 3 blocks. The place that we ate was many years ago. I don't think it would be as cheap now. I also found where the apartment is and took a nice digital stroll around Prague. Can't wait for the real thing!

Just returned from Prague 10 days ago. We used Nina, a licensed private guide. She is extremely knowledgeable (PHD), speaks perfect english, and has a fun personality. Her husband is also available to drive their van if you want to maximize your site seeing and/or eliminate some walking. Check out her website:

ninapragueguide.com

Just returned from Prague 10 days ago. We used Nina, a licensed private guide. She is extremely knowledgeable (PHD), speaks perfect english, and has a fun personality. Her husband is also available to drive their van if you want to maximize your site seeing and/or eliminate some walking. Check out her website:

ninapragueguide.com

Thank you, Andy, for this referral. I looked Nina up on the internet and she sounds perfect for our trip to Prague next year!

Thank you, Andy, for this referral. I looked Nina up on the internet and she sounds perfect for our trip to Prague next year!

We booked Nina a year in advance...she is in demand, deservedly so.

We also stayed previously at the Hilton Old Town and plan to stay there pre cruise again in December. Nice accommodation and convenient location.