Hyatt Regenc Long Beach or Westin Long Beach?

Conanc

I just booked the Hilton LB on Priceline for $69.00/nite.

Of course of was looking for yours but the rooms ususlly go for $200.00/night.

I read later that someone got the price of $65.00/nite.

Next time I'll start with $59.

The hotels seem to be very nice. I leave out of San Pedro and wanted something better than what that city offered.

The best to ya!

Nancy, Mari and I are staying at the Hilton:) (Long Beach).

Why not try and get a room there?

You and hubby are more than welcome to join us for dinner

Sunday night too:D We are going with Linda and Gerald and another friend

and her hubby from the Fashion Forum! They are not sailing with us

but we have been friends for a long time. It will be fun to finally meet!

I think Linda and Gerald are staying at the Westin.

The Westin has those really comfortable beds. You can walk from the Westin to the Hilton (or meet in the middle, Pine Street is where the really good restaurants are). Westin is a block or two closer to the blue line (light rail which will take you to downtown Los Angeles, but not to the pier). I work across the street from the Hilton, so am happy to answer any further questions I can.

Hi Lois,

Thank you for the offer! :) We would have loved to get the chance to meet for dinner and before sailing but we are staying in Long Beach post cruise (flying out of Long Beach airport). We are staying at the Grand Californian in Disneyland pre-cruise. (We should have done it in reverse but we wanted to be near the airport rather than in Anaheim the night before we fly home.)

I think I am going to post to ask Jill what the best way to get to LA from Long Beach is. Someone suggested the train. I think there is a rail station somewhere in downtown Long Beach. We were thinking about going to Hollywood/LA for part of the day and just having a nice dinner in Long Beach later that night before we fly home.

See you on the roll call! :) Thanks again for thinking of us!

Nancy

hotmike98,

Just read your post. Thanks so much for the information. What do you think about the Hyatt? Where is it in relation to the Westin and to the blue line and Pine Street restaurants? Any recommendations for either a nice dinner or a fun dinner in case we get tired of "nice dinners" and just want to kick back for appetizers and drinks? ;)

Thanks!

Nancy

The Hyatt is actually on Pine Street, but is further down the hill, which is a fairly steep one for walking. Haven't been to or stayed there, but I have heard nothing to indicate it wasn't up to Hyatt standards.

As for dinner, there are at least six or seven restaurants on Pine going north from Ocean Blvd. My favorite is L'Opera, which is in a converted old bank bldg. Italian food and a great wine list. A little pricey, but, in my opinion, worth it. There is also an excellent seafood restaurant, Kings, and a spanish Tapas restaurant. Down by the Hyatt there is a PF Changs and a few others.

If you want to take the light rail, the blue line starts at First near Pine. This will take you to Los Angeles, but it takes almost an hour. You can transfer to the red line which will take you to Hollywood Blvd, right near the Pantages Theatre. You might check at the hotel or the Pantages website to see what will be playing when you are here. Hollywood Blvd is a little seedy these days, but you can see the stars on the sidewalks and the footprints a the Chinese Theatre.

Archived