ALL the INFO (in table form) on EXPERIENCES, MSC CLUB, SERVICE CHARGES etc. etc

Skier52

• 2 weeks later...
At this time on the Divina at least, My Time Dining is only available to guests who book the Aurea Balconies or Suites.

Yes, I understand. I was responding to the post regarding Lirica class which supposedly indicated My Time dining was in a dedicated restaurant, versus on the Divina, which I believe is in a dedicated section of a Main Dining Room.

I'm still perplexed about the Fantastica Balcony guest being able to book My Time dining, but believe that may be due to their T/A being able to book through UK T/A portal. My Time is not crucial for me, just trying to understand the available options.

• 1 month later...

A question for Skier52 - You seem to have a lot of knowledge on MSC so thought I would pick your brains.

On the MSC cruises boards there have been posts about the cost of the 4D cinema, the simulator and bowling alley on MSC Fantasia. There has also been a post indicating that it is possible to purchase some kind of voucher at 55Euros per cabin which gives you use of these three facilities. When I phoned MSC UK they knew nothing about this but suggested it could be something you have to arrange once on board. Not very helpful to say the least!

We will be sailing on Fantasia on 17th December from Dubai and have two B2 Balcony cabins on Deck 10 with the Fantastica Experience. I have Silver Status with MSC Club but the other members of the family are Classic.

Any information you might have would be much appreciated as it is not only myself interested but a few others who have posted questions about this too

Many thanks

Suzanne (Bristol, UK)

A question for Skier52 - You seem to have a lot of knowledge on MSC so thought I would pick your brains.

On the MSC cruises boards there have been posts about the cost of the 4D cinema, the simulator and bowling alley on MSC Fantasia. There has also been a post indicating that it is possible to purchase some kind of voucher at 55Euros per cabin which gives you use of these three facilities. When I phoned MSC UK they knew nothing about this but suggested it could be something you have to arrange once on board. Not very helpful to say the least!

We will be sailing on Fantasia on 17th December from Dubai and have two B2 Balcony cabins on Deck 10 with the Fantastica Experience. I have Silver Status with MSC Club but the other members of the family are Classic.

Any information you might have would be much appreciated as it is not only myself interested but a few others who have posted questions about this too

Many thanks

Suzanne (Bristol, UK)

I've not been on Fantasia but I believe the costs are

F1 sim ~€10

4D cinema ~ €8

bowling : ~ €5 per game.

Whether you can get voucher for all three I don't know.

MSC seem to be going down the route of vouchers for most things and you get a book of discount vouchers in your cabin. the scope of the discounts varies according to the ship , destination and your level of membership . So your discount vouchers (Silver) will be "better" than the family members at classic level. The vouchers are the 4th in the list of "On board privileges" and under 18's don't get them

Unfortunately the privileges at Welcome, Classic and Silver are not worth very much (IMHO). even Gold isn't what it once was and Black has been really cut back .

The real advantage for Black is if you have an issue, in my experience they really do try to sort it out and I got a variety of complimentary offerings when things had gone wrong.

here are the benefits

voyager%205.jpg

voyager%206.jpg

voyager%207.jpg

Sorry I couldn't give a better answer but MSC are changing the goalposts almost on a daily basis, and everybody gets different info according to the region their book in. So as this is a USA based forum most of the info is aimed at the US market and not the European market. So there could well be major differences in "packages" of on board offerings .

I'll be on Fantasia's sister ship, Splendida, in October so will be able to get some better idea of what may be on offer then.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I was wondering if someone would happen to have a shot of the Divina from the outside and maybe be able to indicate the balcony area for cabin 11167. Also if anyone happened to have a pic of the inside too would be awesome.

This is an accessible cabin.

Thank you.

I was wondering if someone would happen to have a shot of the Divina from the outside and maybe be able to indicate the balcony area for cabin 11167. Also if anyone happened to have a pic of the inside too would be awesome.

This is an accessible cabin.

Thank you.

I would say that this is the best positioned "H" cabin on the ship (along with it's mirror image cabin on the starboard side 11132) the cabins on the deck above will be affected by the deck 14 overhang.

this cabin should only have a small amount of shading from the overhang

divina%20port%20side%2011167.jpg

The balcony should look like this

balconyHcabin.jpg

This is reported as an image of 12126

MSC-Divina-12126-4023.JPG

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I would say that this is the best positioned "H" cabin on the ship (along with it's mirror image cabin on the starboard side 11132) the cabins on the deck above will be affected by the deck 14 overhang.

this cabin should only have a small amount of shading from the overhang

divina%20port%20side%2011167.jpg

The balcony should look like this

balconyHcabin.jpg

This is reported as an image of 12126

MSC-Divina-12126-4023.JPG

Pete

Thank you Pete for the pics. I'm so looking forward to getting back to sea!

I am booked on Divina cabin 8247. Reading the helpful information on the board, appears that I won't be blocked by lifeboats and it's a plexiglass balcony. Would someone be able to confirm? Also, I will be above the Black and White lounge - does anyone have any experience in terms of noise levels at night? Thank you!!

Edited by ling01

I am booked on Divina cabin 8247. Reading the helpful information on the board, appears that I won't be blocked by lifeboats and it's a plexiglass balcony. Would someone be able to confirm? Also, I will be above the Black and White lounge - does anyone have any experience in terms of noise levels at night? Thank you!!

I'll let you see for yourself that it isn't blocked by a lifeboat and it has a plexiglass balcony

8247.jpg

Pete

Pete, between you and Mike, you are both amazing, and I'm sure I speak to most of us as to how much you are appreciated.

Mel

Thank you for those kind words it's very nice to be appreciated especially when it's written down in a post

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Pete, between you and Mike, you are both amazing, and I'm sure I speak to most of us as to how much you are appreciated.

Mel

I share in Pete's sentiments as well!!!! Thank You so much for the kind words!! And just in case you weren't referring to me,,,I'm taking the credit anyway LOL!!! :p

Mel

I agree! My husband and I are taking our first cruise next month and I came to this thread to see if there were any photos of our cabin available. The second post I saw was for the photo and info request of a specific HA cabin on Divina's Deck 11. Although we are going to be in 11212, I think what Pete posted should be a great representation of what our cabin should look like. Thank you!!

I agree! My husband and I are taking our first cruise next month and I came to this thread to see if there were any photos of our cabin available. The second post I saw was for the photo and info request of a specific HA cabin on Divina's Deck 11. Although we are going to be in 11212, I think what Pete posted should be a great representation of what our cabin should look like. Thank you!!

I thought you might like an image showing where your cabin is , so here it is

.11212.jpg

Pete

I thought you might like an image showing where your cabin is , so here it is

.11212.jpg

Pete

Again, sir... thank you! We are excited but feel very ill-prepared for this cruise. Our TA has been great in getting us as much info as we have requested, but we are pretty sure we don't even know enough about cruising to know what we don't know! :D

Don't worry yourself about what you don't think you know. Relax, and you will find the answers as the week goes by. Have a great cruise.

:) Thanks. I know once we get on the ship and everything that my husband needs arrives I will quickly enter that R&R phase. One reason we chose the cruise that we did was because most of it is "at sea." I figure it can't much more relaxing than that!

Pete & Mike - huge thanks for all your posts throughout this thread as well as others on the MSC CC boards. Because of your more than helpful information & pictures, yesterday DH & I booked our first MSC cruise on the Divina and scored the coveted aft Fantastica cabin 10254!! We had been talking about trying MSC and the stars aligned for a B2B with RCI Navigator OTS. Given all the reading we've done on the boards this weekend (reviews included:thanks to Radio, Debra & Marilyn), we are looking forward to sailing the Divina.

We love sailing T/A to the Mediterranean and are intrigued by several of MSC's Med itineraries but our limited resources require the assistance of Air2Sea (Choice Air) or similar cruise company assisted international air travel. I can not find any such option on the MSC USA website. Do either of you know if anything like this is in the works since I read on another thread that MSC anticipates bringing more of it's fleet to the USA? Thanks!!

Pete & Mike - huge thanks for all your posts throughout this thread as well as others on the MSC CC boards. Because of your more than helpful information & pictures, yesterday DH & I booked our first MSC cruise on the Divina and scored the coveted aft Fantastica cabin 10254!! We had been talking about trying MSC and the stars aligned for a B2B with RCI Navigator OTS. Given all the reading we've done on the boards this weekend (reviews included:thanks to Radio, Debra & Marilyn), we are looking forward to sailing the Divina.

We love sailing T/A to the Mediterranean and are intrigued by several of MSC's Med itineraries but our limited resources require the assistance of Air2Sea (Choice Air) or similar cruise company assisted international air travel. I can not find any such option on the MSC USA website. Do either of you know if anything like this is in the works since I read on another thread that MSC anticipates bringing more of it's fleet to the USA? Thanks!!

Cathy,,,Thank You for the kind words,,,they are very much appreciated!!!:D Last year MSC was offering choice air, transfer and hotel packages for their MED sailings. However,,I am not seeing any of these promos or offers this year. I'll send a message to my contact at MSC and find out if something might be in the works and will definitely let you know,,,:)

Cathy,,,Thank You for the kind words,,,they are very much appreciated!!!:D

Cathy... And a big Thank you from me as well

Pete

PS

enjoy 10254 especially the huge balcony

Edited by Skier52

....I'll send a message to my contact at MSC and find out if something might be in the works and will definitely let you know,,,:)

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :cool:

We can't thank you and Pete enough!!!! :)