Late Change to Anytime Dining - What Happens?

Chunder Worthy

It is easy to change from traditional to anytime, however if you wish to change back, you may encounter a few problems.

On my last cruise I had assigned myself to anytime dining, and had considered changing to a set dinner. There are only a set amount of available seats so according to cruise personaliser, there was a wait list of over 100 for the second dinner sitting!

x

The easier thing to do if you're not sure what you want to do is to sign up early for traditional dining at your preferred time and then if you decide to go the other way, cancel and go with anytime. Or you could cancel on a day-by-day basis also.

Tom

You can show up a half hour late to traditional. They dont care. Dont take any time

So how does this effect the others at your table? Do they wait before they order or do those who show up late rush to catch up?

So how does this effect the others at your table? Do they wait before they order or do those who show up late rush to catch up?

I would that they could go ahead and order. But they might be lucky enough to have a table all to themselves. This is why I am doing anytime so I can be guaranteed to have a table just my party.

You can show up a half hour late to traditional. They dont care. Dont take any time

The staff may not care, although I doubt that, but the other diners at the table probably do care if they're being courteous and waiting. It's much better to treat others the way you'd like to be treated and notify the dining room that you'll be eating elsewhere.

Tom

The staff may not care, although I doubt that, but the other diners at the table probably do care if they're being courteous and waiting. It's much better to treat others the way you'd like to be treated and notify the dining room that you'll be eating elsewhere.

Tom

Of course the waiter and asst care. It sets them back and probably holds them over trying to get everything finished since its the end of the evening. This would affect their off time. They have to be up again at o'dark thirty. :( Not to mention the other diners as you said.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

What usually happens is that there will be a wait of about 10 to 15 minutes and then they will order. After that, the late comers will have to rush to catch up.

We are booked for the September 9 Alaska cruise and selected anytime dinning. Do we eat in the main dinning room or someplace else? If someplace else, is it as nice as the main dinning room? Is the menue the same as the main dinning room? This is our second trip to Alaska.:)

We are booked for the September 9 Alaska cruise and selected anytime dinning. Do we eat in the main dinning room or someplace else? If someplace else, is it as nice as the main dinning room? Is the menue the same as the main dinning room? This is our second trip to Alaska.:)

It's actually dining room. The dining rooms are all the same... all very nice. There are usually 3 main dining rooms, one for traditional dining, so, don't go to that one. Another one is for traditional dining until about 7:00, 7:30 p.m. You can go to that one after that time unless instructed otherwise by the headwaiter. Times and locations of the dining rooms will be in the Patter (newsletter) you'll find in your cabin upon embarkation.

What usually happens is that there will be a wait of about 10 to 15 minutes and then they will order. After that, the late comers will have to rush to catch up.

No, what usually happens is that service slows down for those who were there on time until all diners are in synch with the same course.

No, what usually happens is that service slows down for those who were there on time until all diners are in synch with the same course.

Yes and no. What I have seen is that yes, the on time diners are slowed down a bit, but the late comers are rushed through their courses until caught up. I have also seen where the late comers will skip the appetizer and/or soup/salad to get caught up. Just depends on how polite the late comers want to be.