MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

Mike ... The top deck area may have a section that is shared with Aurea guests because there does not appear to be anywhere else for it, it is time that MSC had an area at the front of the ship for all guests to be able to go to at some point during their cruise and the bridge area for me would be it.

As a dining area it may not work while at sea due to winds generated by the ship itself.

Nice to see the model on video but you can tell who ever recorded it is not used to using a video camera. :D

Mike ... The top deck area may have a section that is shared with Aurea guests because there does not appear to be anywhere else for it, it is time that MSC had an area at the front of the ship for all guests to be able to go to at some point during their cruise and the bridge area for me would be it.

As a dining area it may not work while at sea due to winds generated by the ship itself.

Nice to see the model on video but you can tell who ever recorded it is not used to using a video camera. :D

Sid,,,the outdoor area above the bridge is on deck 16 which is exactly where the Top Sail Lounge would be inside the Yacht Club. We're trying to get one of the MSC exec's to get us some still pics of the YC area on deck 19 because I agree,,,the video isn't very good.

Mike thank you so much for posting the video. I was so glad to finally get to see a good shot of our cabin on the Seaside. Deck 15 Aft wrap. LOVED It!

I talked Tom into a suite so maybe after he goes on that cruise I can talk him into the YC. Don't know but sure will be trying.;)

Thank you again for all the info that everyone is posting on here for the Seaside. We do appreciate it!

Have a great day,

Gerry

Previous ships have been christened in Genoa but no idea if any had sailed beforehand with passengers, have to wonder what has changed their mind after saying it would sail to Miami with just the crew onboard. Went to two local travel agents earlier to see if they had the 17/18 brochure, one said that non would be in print and only available on line!

I have no first hand knowledge of MSC pre-christening T/A cruises, but other cruise lines have sailed TransAtlantic to the US without paying guests to allow for completion of interior retrofit while en route. Sailings have also included a limited number of dignitaries and family of crew / cruise line employees, to serve as a soft opening.

I wonder what model number they will be on by the time it is finalised, comparing this 3rd model with the previous pictures it appears they have added a few low walls dividing sunbeds on Deck 19, altered the roof of the white centre section on each side so there are three canopies, added what looks like a water fall to the pool, sunbeds and tables to the top of the bridge.

Mike ... did you take any pictures of the rest of the model ?

I wonder what model number they will be on by the time it is finalised, comparing this 3rd model with the previous pictures it appears they have added a few low walls dividing sunbeds on Deck 19, altered the roof of the white centre section on each side so there are three canopies, added what looks like a water fall to the pool, sunbeds and tables to the top of the bridge.

Mike ... did you take any pictures of the rest of the model ?

Sid,,,I asked Jeff Herzfeld from MSCCRUISES USA who was at Seatrade last week to take a few shots of the YC pool deck area for a bunch of us who are sailing on her in April 2018 since there is no deck 19 plan available yet. I know he was quite busy during the show so I didn't want to impose,,,

I'm new to MSC and the Yacht Club and looking at the models (thanks so much for posting) it brought up a question. Is it just the very front of the ship that is the YC area? The area just behind it (with covered areas) would be for the general public?

Thanks!

Hate to say it but the Yacht Club area may only be the very front section where you see the blue deck chairs. I think I see a partition separating it from the cabana area aft of it.

The area with the pool and cabanas may be a private deck available to anyone on the ship willing to pay the daily surcharge for entry. Sort of like Vibe/Posh on NCL. Great revenue opportunity for MSC but I would much prefer the whole area to be the Yacht Club deck.

Ernie ... I reckon the front part will be YC with the two long areas at the sides being for Aurea and fantastica suite guests and possibly including the area up to to tubes for the slides. I would expect those areas to be closed off by the standard bollard and tape thing that MSC use on their current ships.

I think the screen you refer to between the cabanas and the front is a wind break on each side.

Dave.

Edited by sidari

Hate to say it but the Yacht Club area may only be the very front section where you see the blue deck chairs. I think I see a partition separating it from the cabana area aft of it.

Yikes, that's what I was afraid of. After being diagnosed with Melanoma last year I'm always seeking shade now and it doesn't look like the YC area will have any. :( Hopefully some Cabana's or shell chairs (not sure what they are called) will end up there.

Yacht Club staterooms extend close to the beginning of the Solarium pool on deck 18 so I would have to assume that the Yacht Club pool deck will extend at least to the elevator tower.

18.jpg

Edited by Mikesa1721

I think the screen you refer to between the cabanas and the front is a wind break on each side.

Dave.

I'm hoping it's just a wind screen and not also the entry point for the Yacht Club deck. That would be a small Yacht Club deck for certain if it's just the forward section, but I also know how cruise line accountants think!

The Yacht Club does appear to have it's own elevator and stairs (by cabin 18027) even though it's not labeled. If these service Deck 19 it would take you outside just aft of the square pool by the cabanas. There is even a raised bulkhead area aft of the pool which I'm guessing is the machinery room for the elevator. The blank square space forward of cabin 18023 is probably the pool well. If this is the case, it would indicate that the entire area including the square pool and cabanas is for Yacht Club use because of the access points from the deck below. I'm hoping so!

you have to wonder why they are taking so long to release the actual deck plan, unless of course they plan more changes to it than those shown on model number 3 ?

Mike ... I think I counted 86 YC cabins, assuming two guests per cabin as a minimum for sunbeds I would have to agree with you about the YC area being at least to the area you mention by the elevator/ lift tower. There are two new pictures on http://www.mscfans.it of the Seaside under a work in progress.

Ernie ... odd that they have stairs and Elevators/Lifts next to the magradome which would mean the general guests being in the YC ? does not make sense.

Edited by sidari

you have to wonder why they are taking so long to release the actual deck plan, unless of course they plan more changes to it than those shown on model number 3 ?

Mike ... I think I counted 86 YC cabins, assuming two guests per cabin as a minimum for sunbeds I would have to agree with you about the YC area being at least to the area you mention by the elevator/ lift tower. There are two new pictures on http://www.mscfans.it of the Seaside under a work in progress.

I have heard that the YC pool deck may extend just after the roof for the Solarium pool which may explain what looks like glass partitions near that area,,,they could be just wind screens,,but they also may be the keyed access doors for the YC pool deck,,,won't really know for sure until a definitive deck 19 plan is made available.

Edited by Mikesa1721