New Celebrity Bundle Pricing (Go! Big, Go! Better, Go! Best)

Charles4515

Joshmansmom- on a Western Caribbean cruise on the Silhouette two years ago, my 18 year old daughter was issued a different color wristband indicating to bartenders that she was underage and no alcohol drinks could be served. She was able to get anything else without alcohol. The beverage package probably did not make sense for her, mathematically, but the ease of ordering any drink at any venue made the vacation more special. Smoothies, specialty coffees and bottled water were big hits. ( am I remembering correctly that with the classic beverage package you can have specialty waters?)

If she had been charging to our shipboard account i might have compulsively been running a mental tally of each, reducing the pleasure of just letting her make her own choices anytime, anywhere. Now my 24 year old son made up the difference for any perceived value loss- he was best friends with all the bartenders!

I believe the drinking age laws of the ship's registry country prevail, not the drinking age in the port

Joshmansmom- on a Western Caribbean cruise on the Silhouette two years ago, my 18 year old daughter was issued a different color wristband indicating to bartenders that she was underage and no alcohol drinks could be served. She was able to get anything else without alcohol. The beverage package probably did not make sense for her, mathematically, but the ease of ordering any drink at any venue made the vacation more special. Smoothies, specialty coffees and bottled water were big hits. ( am I remembering correctly that with the classic beverage package you can have specialty waters?)

If she had been charging to our shipboard account i might have compulsively been running a mental tally of each, reducing the pleasure of just letting her make her own choices anytime, anywhere. Now my 24 year old son made up the difference for any perceived value loss- he was best friends with all the bartenders!

I believe the drinking age laws of the ship's registry country prevail, not the drinking age in the port

SeaPass Cards for underagers are printed with graphics of stars and streamers on whatever color card matches their stateroom, they look different so bar staff can easily know.

Celebrity's underage drinking policy:

The minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on all Celebrity Cruises ships is 21 years of age.

• However, on cruises embarking in a country where the legal drinking age is lower than twenty-one (21), a parent who is sailing with his or her son(s) and/or daughter(s) who is between the ages of 18 to 20, may sign a waiver allowing the 18 to 20 year old to consume alcoholic beverages.
  • The 18- to 20 year-old must agree to comply with Celebrity' Cruises’ policies, including among other things, agreeing to not provide alcoholic beverages to any other person, regardless of age. Restrictions apply, and this policy is subject to change without notice.
  • If a guest celebrates their 21st birthday during the cruise, the guest may thereafter ask the Guest Relations Manager to modify the ship's records to permit their consumption of alcohol during the remainder of cruise. The guest will be required to appear at the Guest Relations Desk with his/her parent or guardian and must present a government issued form of identification to establish that the guest's 21st birthday was celebrated during the cruise.

The waiver:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/media/en_US/pdf/faq/Alcohol_Waiver_Celebrity.pdf

Edited by cle-guy

My 20 year old daughter and I are booked on a 7 night Christmas cruise and I am trying to figure out if we should change our Go Better perks.

I am not a drinker, but love a good frozen drink (virgin is fine with me) and mostly drink water or tea with my meals. We were able to book an outside cabin guarantee for a total of $1359 for the two of us which includes the Go Better promo. We chose pre paid gratuities and the $300 OBC with an additional $75 OBC via Celebrity because of a price drop the same day. Seemed like a great deal to me.

Does anyone know if I changed our choices to the OBC and classic beverage package if that would work as my daughter isn't yet 21? Are the premium non-alcoholic drinks covered in the classic package?

Joshmansmom - To try and answer your question - First of all, congrats on getting a real bargain for that cruise!

I haven't had your situation but it's been reported on here that an underage person sharing a cabin with someone who gets the Classic Alcoholic package only gets the classic non-Alcoholic package, not the premium. Some people have had luck with going to Guest Relations once on the ship and getting them to change it to the premium non-alcoholic (since it's still less than the classic alcoholic). HOWEVER, and it's a big however, it doesn't seem to be regular practice so I don't think you can count on it.

I tried to find you the link to what's included in each package but Celebrity's wonderful ( :o :rolleyes: ) website isn't currently working. This is as close as I could get : http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/onboard-beverage-packages?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages_overview&tab=onboard_beverage_packages_wine_tab%2Fonboard%2FasrPanel%3Fpagename%3Donboard_beverage_packages_wine

Try reading this thread for a thorough explanation of beverage packages:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2167294&highlight=classic+beverage+package

• 11 months later...