New Celebrity Bundle Pricing (Go! Big, Go! Better, Go! Best)

Charles4515

Hi,

I was reading again the article on the OP and a couple of last posts and I'm not sure I understand clearly. English is my second language so I could have miss something ;-)

The article says :

"Guests can choose among four perquisites: a Classic beverage package, free gratuities, unlimited internet or a $150-per-person spending credit. All oceanview, balcony and suite accommodations will be priced at minimum with the choice of one perquisite built in.

In effect, cruise-only pricing at Celebrity will be eliminated, except for inside cabins.

A Go!Big price includes a choice of one option, while Go!Better includes a choice of two. Go!Best provides all four, and substitutes a Premium beverage package for the Classic package."

What I understand is that for the base price you have the cruise + 1 amenities.

Then for a price you chose to go Big (+1) so you have now 2 amenities, Go Best (+2) so now you 3 amenities or Go Better (you have the 4 amenities).

This is how I understand it.

English is my only language and I interpret it the same way.

It clearly states one item is built into the starting price, which is the model they used for an ocean view and veranda during 123 go promotion.

Anything extra would be Go Big, = 2 items (the model they have been using for select itineraries such as Europe) Go better= 3 items (3 items is the model they use now when booking CC or higher) Go Best =4 items (new level with internet and premium drink package)

Edited by Iamcruzin

English is my only language and I interpret it the same way.

It clearly states one item is built into the starting price, which is the model they used for an ocean view and veranda during 123 go promotion.

Anything extra would be Go Big, = 2 items (the model they have been using for select itineraries such as Europe) Go better= 3 items (3 items is the model they use now when booking CC or higher) Go Best =4 items (new level with internet and premium drink package)

And I read it as Go Big is the base price with one amenity.

Go Better is $15/pp/per day more with 2 amenities and

Go Best is $45/pp/per day more with all 4 amenities and the Premium Drink package.

There is no option for 3 amenities.

Edited by chamima

Go Best is $45/pp/per day more with all 4 amenities and the Premium Drink package.

Thanks for the info. There's so much posts on that thread that I missed that one with the pricing.

I can't wait to see the real thing on Monday. ;-)

This is exactly how I read it.

Jane

I guess the statement "In effect, cruise-only pricing at Celebrity will be eliminated, except for inside cabins." is what's confusing me. If there is no option to book the higher categories without a perk then you are already at big. Go Big implies that you are adding something as when you supersize at a fast-food restaurant. So I guess the best option is to go big and see what the travel agent who is now making higher commissions will throw in. If gratuities are only $13 a day then paying an extra $15 a day to add an amenity doesn't make sense. The $150 obc on a 7 day cruise comes to roughly $21.42 a day so in reality it's only a $6.42 OBC per day. On a longer cruise the $150 OBC is worthless.

Edited by Iamcruzin

I wonder if they will stop cruisers from upgrading the classic package to the premium one for the price difference only. ALso will the inside rooms have the option of buying the drink package.

I wonder if they will stop cruisers from upgrading the classic package to the premium one for the price difference only. ALso will the inside rooms have the option of buying the drink package.

I think (at least for the time being) they will allow purchase of and upgrades to the drink package.

Money spent onboard is still money spent onboard - they aren't going to do away with that.

Also, how would they handle all of the EXTREMELY upset cruisers who booked under the 1,2, 3 Go packages that want to upgrade their drink packages.

(That's why I said "at least for the time being".)

2018 is an unknown.

I really can't imagine Celebrity turning down extra spending. What we don't know is how they will price the different packages going forward.

I wouldn't expect changes to the package prices/upgrade differentials in the short-term since they've very recently increased prices.

Jane

Edited by JaneStarr
To remove signature -- Oops!

Where does the $15/per day for Go Better and the $45/per day for Go Best come from? I have once again read the article from the OP and can't find it there?

I found it in another article which was just posted online yesterday.

Check here:

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/12769.html?tmpl=component&page=

I found it in another article which was just posted online yesterday.

Check here:

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/12769.html?tmpl=component&page=

Thanks for the info. However what is mentioned in this article does not concur

with Celebrity's UK site where to go better and best you need to upgrade your stateroom category. A simple Dollar amount add on doesn't do it. :confused:

Talked to our PCC the other day and he suggested just sitting tight until we see the new USD pricing come Monday. Even those on the inside have no info on the new rates.

Since we have all 3 perks on everyone of these we will decide what to do in the future. The 7 cruises span Jan. 2016 through April 2017 and there are 2 we know we will push forward into late 2017. The question will be can we keep the perks on these 2 cruises since dates will change? (We always book in Aqua.)

Where does the $15/per day for Go Better and the $45/per day for Go Best come from? I have once again read the article from the OP and can't find it there?

somehow, that $15 doesn't work....it is more than if you just pay the gratuities yourself (unless you are in a suite)...so that's uninteresting. If it's a 10 day cruise or longer, $15 a day is more than $150 OBC...so that's uninteresting....and so on. For the person who wants a drink package, it's a deal....of course that depends on the upgrade price to the premium package for some. And for the internet junkie, $15 a day is far less than the $295 they've been charging recently....so sure, one passenger in the cabin would pick that option and the other ???

I'm sure the introduction will have a higher price for any cabin.....that's the reason for the whole program. How much remains to be seen...and how they do (the inevitable) promotions with the new program will be interesting.

Edited by ghstudio

Talked to our PCC the other day and he suggested just sitting tight until we see the new USD pricing come Monday. Even those on the inside have no info on the new rates.

Since we have all 3 perks on everyone of these we will decide what to do in the future. The 7 cruises span Jan. 2016 through April 2017 and there are 2 we know we will push forward into late 2017. The question will be can we keep the perks on these 2 cruises since dates will change? (We always book in Aqua.)

Excellent point! I wonder if we will ever get a straight answer??

with Celebrity's UK site where to go better and best you need to upgrade your stateroom category. A simple Dollar amount add on doesn't do it. :confused:

They are two different things. In the UK Celebrity is offering a 2 month promotion. The Go, Big......is a change to Celebrity's pricing structure. Unfortunately someone posted about the UK promotion assuming that is the same thing as the new pricing structure, but it appears it is not.

Hopefully, I don't have your head spinning. We'll all no for sure on Monday.

The pricing structure discussed in the article doesn't begin until July 6th. Starting Monday it is applies to cruises beginning in October or later.

I really can't tell from the articles I've read if the same pricing structure will apply world-wide. That's my best reading of the available information. We'll have to wait to see how this all fleshes out.

Jane

Edited by JaneStarr

somehow, that $15 doesn't work....it is more than if you just pay the gratuities yourself (unless you are in a suite)...so that's uninteresting. If it's a 10 day cruise or longer, $15 a day is more than $150 OBC...so that's uninteresting....and so on. For the person who wants a drink package, it's a deal....of course that depends on the upgrade price to the premium package for some. And for the internet junkie, $15 a day is far less than the $295 they've been charging recently....so sure, one passenger in the cabin would pick that option and the other ???

I'm sure the introduction will have a higher price for any cabin.....that's the reason for the whole program. How much remains to be seen...and how they do (the inevitable) promotions with the new program will be interesting.

I saw one flyer that said "per person cruise fares starting at $999" for ocean view. I imagine that 999 is only going to be seen on poor selling weeks.

Thank you for posting Charles! It will be interesting to see how the new pricing structure will compare with the old 123GO program that included free gratuities, onboard credit and a classic beverage package.

I would venture a guess it will mean a price increase. Time will tell and we will find out on July 6th.

If it is indeed $15 per day per extra perk then (assuming you choose the drinks as your "free" perk) and you want to add better or best you may as well just say internet is $15 per day, grats are $15 pd and on cruises of over 9 days you are only probably buying the OBC add when bundling the best option in order to get the premium drinks package a little cheaper.

Not really much value there for committing your on board spend. Unlimited internet on Quantum was $10pp per day if you purchased the 2 device package for the full cruise recently.

Surely if each perk is a per day add on to the price the OBC has to increase pro rata to the cruise length.

And just wait for them to start playing with the drinks package inclusions again....

I will be interested in seeing if there is an option to Go Small and have a true cruise-only fare. :D But I can't tell if the only options are Big, Better and Best.

The perks don't have a lot of value to us.

Drink package - the most we would get from that would be the cost of a maximum of 2 glasses of wine per day for my wife (I don't drink and she gets the pre-dinner drinks she wants as part of our Elite + perks). So it would be close to break even for her but a waste for me.

OBC - Since we almost never take less than 14-day cruises, we would pay more than we'd get back in OBC.

Unlimited Internet - We get enough now through our Captain's Club perks and couldn't use much more.

Gratuities - May be at least about break even since we do frequently go in a suite.

Since this is approaching an ala carte pricing structure I wonder if both passengers in the cabin have to take the same option. Can you imagine the trouble the web site will have with that?