New Celebrity Bundle Pricing (Go! Big, Go! Better, Go! Best)

Charles4515

Does anyone know how booking a guarantee in any category instead of a fixed stateroom will work with bundling? Wlil there still be a choice of good better best?

Seems they will need alot of website work to offer all the options.....and even more if they are offering city stays as well,..

I think you missed the "per person PER DAY" part.

You are so right, I did, I generally have better reading comprehension than that. I'll have to break out my calculator and refigure.

I think he was referring to spending $210 (15x2x7) to get $300 OBC

No, I just missed it, I always own up to my mistakes, or at least try to.

While having a glass of wine on my deck I wondered, with the new pricing if you choose Go Good and the classic beverage package, will you still be able to upgrade to a premium package. I posted this question on the on line chat thread.

Ok so at $45 a day you get a premium drink package,paid gratuity, $150 OBC and unlimited internet. Considering if you just by the classic drink package on board it will cost $65 a day with the gratuity. So $45 pp a day doesn't seem too bad with all 4 items.

Ok so at $45 a day you get a premium drink package,paid gratuity, $150 OBC and unlimited internet. Considering if you just by the classic drink package on board it will cost $65 a day with the gratuity. So $45 pp a day doesn't seem too bad with all 4 items.

We won't be able to determine "how bad" (or good) the total package is until the new prices are released.

Prices are sure to be different than current ones under the new booking structure.

Perhaps the extra $45 per person per day would put you over your cruise budget when paired with higher fares?

Jane

It all depends on the price of the Go Big and we won't know that til Monday.

Except that if you consider the drink package as your first inclusion (Go Big) and you think of the next 3 as your Go Best add-ons, then the equation changes.

For a 14 day cruise (which is what we normally take) the $150/pp is about $11/day. The gratuities (even in Aqua) are $13.45/day. Unlimited internet on a 14 day cruise is $349 so worth about $25/day. The upgrade to the Premium drink package is $10/ day. So the $45 upgrade gives me $59.50 in benefits .

Only problem is that we'd only get the internet for one person (my husband works from the ship - I'm happy to disconnect) and I'm sure these upgrades are going to be for everyone in the cabin.

Except that if you consider the drink package as your first inclusion (Go Big) and you think of the next 3 as your Go Best add-ons, then the equation changes.

For a 14 day cruise (which is what we normally take) the $150/pp is about $11/day. The gratuities (even in Aqua) are $13.45/day. Unlimited internet on a 14 day cruise is $349 so worth about $25/day. The upgrade to the Premium drink package is $10/ day. So the $45 upgrade gives me $59.50 in benefits .

Only problem is that we'd only get the internet for one person (my husband works from the ship - I'm happy to disconnect) and I'm sure these upgrades are going to be for everyone in the cabin.

Minus any discount you might get for internet with status. How much is unlimited internet on a 14 night as Elite?

I'm really interested to see what the pricing will be for our 14 night Around The Horn. I had a future cruise certificate worth $350, I didn't need the extra OBC. So maybe dropping to a veranda from a C2 and just keeping drinks might be worth it.

Edited by sr4mjc

Ok so it looks like we are back to Go Big and trying to fleece a TA for any of the other three. Truth be told I'm good with the cheapest internet package. Last time the connection was so bad we never even used all of our minutes. It was impossible to logon even using the ships computers. We don't really buy much on board except drinks maybe an item or two in the shops if something strikes us and the specialty restaurants are over priced unless they offer a discount.

Edited by Iamcruzin

Another change is Gratuities are now Mandatory / Pre-paid, no matter what dining preference is chosen.

I don't see this as a bad thing. At least it will stop those who only booked traditional so they wouldn't have to pay gratuities at final payment and then switch to select once on board. At least the cruise line will have a better idea of who really wants traditional and they can allocate space accordingly. I actually prefer to have my gratuities paid for prior to sailing. One less thing to be added to your on board account.

I don't see this as a bad thing. At least it will stop those who only booked traditional so they wouldn't have to pay gratuities at final payment and then switch to select once on board. At least the cruise line will have a better idea of who really wants traditional and they can allocate space accordingly. I actually prefer to have my gratuities paid for prior to sailing. One less thing to be added to your on board account.

It might just be a UK thing like the 2 month promotion.

Minus any discount you might get for internet with status. How much is unlimited internet on a 14 night as Elite?

I'm really interested to see what the pricing will be for our 14 night Around The Horn. I had a future cruise certificate worth $350, I didn't need the extra OBC. So maybe dropping to a veranda from a C2 and just keeping drinks might be worth it.

I thought of this after I posted.

I think we get 30% off as Elite so that $350 goes down to $244 ($17/day), bringing the total down to $41 or $42 a day worth of benefits for a $45 upgrade. :(

Our TA has posted this promotion on FB and sent us an email about it but she hasn't responded to any questions about details which tells me she doesn't have any as of now.

Princess is also having a big sale with the drink package included but no details on that yet either.

I think our poor TA is not going to have a very restful holiday weekend.

Edited by chamima

It all depends on the base price. Just think if I mark things up 200% and then give you a 50% discount you still lose.

Nothing will be clear until the new prices are released on 7/6.

It might just be a UK thing like the 2 month promotion.

Celebrity are forcing all to choose Select/Any Time Dining as either their first or second option both in the US and UK. This effectively makes paying Gratuities upfront mandatory for all.

Edited by mickey89

Celebrity are forcing all to choose Select/Any Time Dining as either their first or second option both in the US and UK. This effectively makes paying Gratuities upfront mandatory for all.

Could you cite your source for this information?

Need to ask again. Regardless of 1 to 4 perks that one chooses, doesn't that comingling negate applying for any stock credit?????

That is not correct

Are you responding to this question? If so, do you have certain knowledge of that?

Viewed one way, this new policy MAY make it possible to get the shareholder benefit since you are not getting an official "offer" but taking a price option. Or at least that is one way to look at it. Celebrity may choose to consider every price an offer now and effectively remove the shareholder benefit from all but inside cabins.

I am not a lawyer, but if I choose the minimum available price (GoBig) I would argue that I am not getting any offers, just what is included in the base price.