Need help deciding on a beach

New2cruise1483

Lance answered my email rather quickly and was very nice. Unfortunately, we're going to be there on a Monday, and he said they're closed on Mondays. :( He recommended Cecilia's Cafe. I haven't had a chance to check them out online....

Lance answered my email rather quickly and was very nice. Unfortunately, we're going to be there on a Monday, and he said they're closed on Mondays. :( He recommended Cecilia's Cafe. I haven't had a chance to check them out online....

If it is a personal recommendation from Lance, then you will be very happy when paying Cecial's a visit. I would in a heartbeat.

Lance has a reputation for his honesty. Put it this way, if Cecilia's was not a very nice place, then you and future visitors, would not consider JO because of a poor visit to Ceciala's

Contact Ceciala's, open a dialogue and make a booking. It is good to talk :D

Don't forget the mention the reccomendation from Lance. :D

For my part, on our next visit to Antigua we will spend the day at Ceciala's ;)

If it is a personal recommendation from Lance, then you will be very happy when paying Cecial's a visit. I would in a heartbeat.

Lance has a reputation for his honesty. Put it this way, if Cecilia's was not a very nice place, then you and future visitors, would not consider JO because of a poor visit to Ceciala's

Contact Ceciala's, open a dialogue and make a booking. It is good to talk :D

Don't forget the mention the reccomendation from Lance. :D

For my part, on our next visit to Antigua we will spend the day at Ceciala's ;)

Is this a joke?

When my wife and I decide to tour the caribbean, we came across IslandCritic.com which we found very resourceful. They claim to provide authentic reviews.

Had a peek

Require your help please

One was unable to access the gourmet beach restaurant reviews of the site :(

Where is one going wrong:confused:

Many thanks for your assistance.

• 2 months later...
Welcome to the Club :)

I wanted to report back and thank you for your recommendation of Jacqui O's.

We were there as planned on Tuesday and were blown away by the idyllic setting, excellent service, custom cocktails and delicious food! The parrot fish was amazing!

We enjoyed some time on the beach as well as a delicious lunch.

The entire staff were accommodating, polite and professional.

I would highly recommend Jacqui O's to anyone looking to spoil themselves a bit!

67f1fe750bde3651b0228009418605e5.jpg

b660612bd575a15bef41768e13ff51d6.jpgbc5f90e3620d93de23e60342222e5da1.jpga872bb8ada538c85c20c1e06495ddc86.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidsmum - thanks for these photos. Jacqui O's is at the top of our list for our February cruise. In your last picture there looks like there are some covered sunbeds. Were those part of Jacqui O's or another facility?

Also; how was the water? Is it relatively calm? Our group will have two little ones with us and calmer waters is preferred. TIA.

We were there as planned on Tuesday and were blown away by the idyllic setting, excellent service, custom cocktails and delicious food! The parrot fish was amazing!

I would highly recommend Jacqui O's to anyone looking to spoil themselves a bit!

b660612bd575a15bef41768e13ff51d6.jpgbc5f90e3620d93de23e60342222e5da1.jpga872bb8ada538c85c20c1e06495ddc86.jpg

Is lunch a set price /set menu or do you just order whT you wish and pay aka carte price? I read on another thread there is a set time for lunch? How much were the chairs/umbrellas? Another thread described as "classy". Does that mean you have to dress for lunch or can you just throw on a coverup over swimsuit?

Thanks!

Edited by skiiergirl

• 2 weeks later...
Davidsmum - thanks for these photos. Jacqui O's is at the top of our list for our February cruise. In your last picture there looks like there are some covered sunbeds. Were those part of Jacqui O's or another facility? Yes, part of Jacqui O's and cost $10 to rent

Also; how was the water? Is it relatively calm? Our group will have two little ones with us and calmer waters is preferred. TIA.

Water was lovely and yes calm, but be prepared for a sharp drop off about 10 feet out.

Is lunch a set price /set menu or do you just order whT you wish and pay aka carte price? I read on another thread there is a set time for lunch? How much were the chairs/umbrellas? Another thread described as "classy". Does that mean you have to dress for lunch or can you just throw on a coverup over swimsuit?

Thanks!

you can order what you wish from the menu. There is something for all tastes, but it is definitely a higher end price wise....but worth every penny!

some menu items are available to be served on the beach.

we dried off a bit and wore cover ups for lunch as we wanted to go back into the water afterwards!

there are facilities to change if you prefer.

sunbeds were $10 for those that had lunch reservations.

there were 2 sittings for lunch, noon and 2pm. we ate at noon nut arrived around 10:15 and enjoyed the beach before hand.

It was a fantastic day and I would highly recommend it.

I knew you are the type of person who would love JO.... Pleased you had a wonderful day :)

Is there anywhere else you will now wish to go when in Antigua?

Edited by PORT ROYAL

Davidsmum - thanks for these photos. Jacqui O's is at the top of our list for our February cruise. In your last picture there looks like there are some covered sunbeds. Were those part of Jacqui O's or another facility?

Do not forget to book lunch well in advance. Lance will confirm promptly.

Welcome to the Club........:)

Edited by PORT ROYAL

Ok, so is I'm researching for a cruise in November lol. Is Jaqui O's a resort type place we could spend the day or more like a beach side restaurant/ bar? And if it's a resort, what is the cover charge? So far I know for sure I want to go to sting ray city in the morning, and possibly Jaqui O's for the remainder of the day. Is this possible?

you can order what you wish from the menu. There is something for all tastes, but it is definitely a higher end price wise....but worth every penny!

some menu items are available to be served on the beach.

we dried off a bit and wore cover ups for lunch as we wanted to go back into the water afterwards!

there are facilities to change if you prefer.

sunbeds were $10 for those that had lunch reservations.

there were 2 sittings for lunch, noon and 2pm. we ate at noon nut arrived around 10:15 and enjoyed the beach before hand.

It was a fantastic day and I would highly recommend it.

Hi there. We'll be there in February. I just emailed JO's. If you don't mind me asking, what would lunch run you? Is this a suitable place to go with 2 we'll behaved kids (11&8)? Thanks :)

Hi there. We'll be there in February. I just emailed JO's. If you don't mind me asking, what would lunch run you? Is this a suitable place to go with 2 we'll behaved kids (11&8)? Thanks :)

There were four of us. We had cocktails for the ladies, beers for the men, shared a couple of appetisers, had a main course each and shared a dessert and had a lounger per couple

Total was around $400us Inc tip.

As I said well worth it... We had paid a similar amount for a full day tour in St. Lucia and felt we had just as much value for money for each.

I would go back in a heart beat!

Beach is lovely, water drops off quite quickly but I would assume your children are swimmers so they would be fine.

There weren't any children there when we visited but I'm not aware of any restrictions.

Enjoy!

Edited by davidsmum

There were four of us. We had cocktails for the ladies, beers for the men, shared a couple of appetisers, had a main course each and shared a dessert and had a lounger per couple

Total was around $400us Inc tip.

As I said well worth it... We had paid a similar amount for a full day tour in St. Lucia and felt we had just as much value for money for each.

I would go back in a heart beat!

Beach is lovely, water drops off quite quickly but I would assume your children are swimmers so they would be fine.

There weren't any children there when we visited but I'm not aware of any restrictions.

Enjoy!

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I'll wait to hear back from Lance and go from there? Your pics look amazing!

Ok, so is I'm researching for a cruise in November lol. Is Jaqui O's a resort type place we could spend the day or more like a beach side restaurant/ bar? And if it's a resort, what is the cover charge? So far I know for sure I want to go to sting ray city in the morning, and possibly Jaqui O's for the remainder of the day. Is this possible?

JO is both for guests, there is no cover charge. Just enjoy lunch, drinks and the day. Do not forget to book lunch in advance. :)

Edited by PORT ROYAL