Senior Trip?

CaiT34

Me And My Friends Want To Go On A Senior Trip Onto A Cruise....but We Will Only Be 18.....i Kno On Carnival And Royal Carribean You Have To Be 25 To Cruise .....whats The Age On Princess Cruises....someone Told Me 18...is This True?

From a 2005-2006 Princess brochure:

"Any passenger under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 21. In addition, regardless of the relationship of the adult traveling companion, all children must have notarized written consent signed by both parents or legal guardian unless accompanied by both parents."

If everyone in your group is 18 at the time of sailing, it sounds like it would be alright for you to sail on Princess.

Chris

The teens on Princess have been generally very well behaved - that is compared to the other lines I have sailed. I wouldn't worry about these teens. Besides, summer cruises seem to be filled with kids of all ages - lots of families.

My daughter's Senior class trip was a cruise to Nova Scotia from Portland, ME and back. These were really great kids from an affluent MA community but the chaparones didn't "see" the kids drinking. Most were hunched over a bowl for most of the trip. This class was not known for it's partying or getting into trouble -- it was an unusually bright, serious class. Their Senior class trip wound up being very memorable but not a lot of fun.

The point is that even the best kids can be caught up in things they wouldn't normally do when presented with the opportunity and without sufficient supervision. An unfortunate example is Natalie Holloway. A cruise in the Caribbean sounds like fun and very exciting but I hope all of the parents are aware that their kids are really travelling to foreign countries and impress on their kids to take that very seriously. And that there are adults travelling with you.

On the Grand near the end of April last year there were two different senior class trips of well to do families. Both were from schools in Michigan and one was from an island off of Michigan. Even the the chaperones did not want to be around them. We ate lunch in the diningroom with a few of the chaperones. They said they came down there because the teens would not be there. We didn't appreciate the announcement at 2:30 in the morning looking for one of the teens. Everyone was complaining about that. People that had teens in the teen program said they saw teens(same ones from the teen program) being served alcohol in Skywalkers while adults were having a hard time getting served. The teens would come to the adult spa pool and just stand around in the pool in front of the swim agains the tide machine.

But I have to admit it wasn't the teen trying to be chair hogs. It was the rude adults that thought they could reserve the chair at 6:00 and turn up at 9:00.

By the way Ethel5, I see your signature is Donna, where do you get the Ethel from? That's my mom's name.

By the way Ethel5, I see your signature is Donna, where do you get the Ethel from? That's my mom's name.

It's really a boring story......I have a friend who was making a rather risky driving maneuver and he told me to "Hang on Ethel" - don't know wher he got it from. So when it came time to pick a name for AOL, I tried a number of "Donna" names including Donna5 and they were all taken so I just picked Ethel.

I'm surprised they'd have the nerve to admit that they were on the cruise under the auspices of chaperoning -- but were refusing to actually chaperone.

I know, I was quite surprised. I guess not all of us take our responsiblities seriously.

I took my son & 6 of his friends 3 years ago to Bermuda on Princess - they were well behaved for the most part on the ship but I know they had a good time in port without me - it was a great trip and better than going to the shore where underaged drinking is going on - I had a meeting with all the parents beforehand and let them know they would be legal to drink there

Archived