Cancellation pricing question...

I currently have a booking with 3 people under the original BOGO (2nd, 3rd and 4th passenger 1/2 off), but the 3rd person may move to another cabin as the 2nd person in that cabin. If they drop out of my cabin, will that change my pricing for the 1st and 2nd people? We won't know for several months if they are definitely moving out so we can't take advantage of the current BOGO and I don't want to move them out now because if the plans fall through then I may not be able to get them back in our cabin if the muster station is full at that point. So basically, I'm hoping that at if several months from now I have to cancel one person, I don't lose my pricing and OBC, especially since that pricing wasn't contingent on a 3rd person and they don't have an OBC. Hope that makes sense:confused:

With the BOGO sale #1 paid the full, inflated fare and #2 and #3 paid 50% of that amount.

If you each contributed one-third of the total fare for the cabin, then the remaining 2 will have to work out what they owe person 3 since that individual paid 1/3 and will only get 1/4 credit. Let's say the room total was $1000 and you each paid $333.33. The actual fare was calculated as $500 + $250 +$250. Passenger 3 gets only $250 credit when moving to the new cabin.

If you each paid what the invoice indicated for that person's fare then only the person changing has to pay more. The fare for the original 2 shouldn't need to be changed.

My FIL was booked with us as a 3rd person a couple of years ago and he became too ill to travel. When he canceled after final payment, his fare was refunded and Royal told us that only passengers 1 and 2 were penalized for cancelling. We had insurance through Royal Caribbean but it never came into play. I was surprised that was how it worked and I wondered if it was because we had the insurance, but the agent told us it didn't matter.

My FIL was booked with us as a 3rd person a couple of years ago and he became too ill to travel. When he canceled after final payment, his fare was refunded and Royal told us that only passengers 1 and 2 were penalized for cancelling. We had insurance through Royal Caribbean but it never came into play. I was surprised that was how it worked and I wondered if it was because we had the insurance, but the agent told us it didn't matter.

This is correct. Penalties are assessed for cancellation of passengers 1 and 2. If you drop off passengers 3-?, then they are refunded in whole for their costs. So that's why it makes sense to book that third/fourth person in the cabin, then decide later if you want to cancel them.

This is correct. Penalties are assessed for cancellation of passengers 1 and 2. If you drop off passengers 3-?, then they are refunded in whole for their costs. So that's why it makes sense to book that third/fourth person in the cabin, then decide later if you want to cancel them.

Great! Thank you for your responses. That's what I was hoping, but sometimes you never know.