Warning - please do not use booktaxibarcelona.com

drjochen

We came off the Norwegian Epic today and had pre-booked a transfer from the port to the airport on booktaxibarcelona.com for 65 Euro prepaid.

We were supposed to have a driver with a sign wait for us at the port. After we gathered our luggage, we unsuccessfully searched for the driver. 10 min after the pre-arranged pick-up time, I finally called and after being on hold for ~ 10 min, I was told by a VERY rude British person that there will be no taxi for us. He said that we are on our own and he just hung up on me.

Since the taxi pick-up at the port is extremely chaotic and slow, we had to wait over 1 hour for a regular taxi and with the other time wasted and the LONG lines at Barcelona airport, we missed our flight.

Please do not use this company if you want to get picked up.

Thanks for the warning! I always shudder when people chime in that there are plenty of taxis in Barcelona because I've seen the incredible lines at the port.

So so sorry that happened, especially when you had the foresight to plan. Hope you had a safe journey home.

That is terrible. All that planning and you ended up missing your flight. So sorry to hear that. We will be getting off the Epic in Barcelona next month. I hope we don't run into the same chaotic taxi situation. Didn't realize it was so bad there.