Majesty to get Upgraded

So what will Rhapsody do between November 10 and December 3. Highly doubtful they will send to PC and then Tampa 3 weeks later.

That transatlantic has become N/A, so I'm guessing they will reschedule it 3 weeks later.

Could be if the gap were that long but not with a May 27 sail date.

Apparently everyone on last Majesty cruise in April is going to cancel ;), and I think I read Enchantment was stretched in 30 days.

That transatlantic has become N/A, so I'm guessing they will reschedule it 3 weeks later.

So they will add two more 10 day Med cruises in late November and cross in December. Did that once, not fun

The ship is owned by a company called Majesty of the Seas Inc. that is fully held by Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.

Monarch was transferred to a company called PULLMANTUR CRUISES MONARCH, LTD. and that is held by a company called Pullmantur Cruises Ship Management Ltd.

Pullmantur Cruises Ship Management Ltd. was acquired in 2006 by Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd..

Perhaps I need to refine my question a bit. Are Azamara, Pullmantur, and RCL each owned by a different groups of stock holders? They could all be owned by RCCL but treated as separate entities.

Disregard - I can't read...

We understand. You are a Buckeye fan after all. :p Go Blue.

Any ideas on how long it'll be before Royal starts contacting people with existing reservations on the Rhapsody PC cruises?

We understand. You are a Buckeye fan after all. :p Go Blue.

Any ideas on how long it'll be before Royal starts contacting people with existing reservations on the Rhapsody PC cruises?

I have a call into my TA. We have 3 out of PC, and the Med before the repositioning, so I have a pretty vested interest. No problem cancelling Jan 2017, but the other 3 are a major bummer.

Apologies if I have mentioned this already, I think I'm posting on 4-5 threads right now

So what will Rhapsody do between November 10 and December 3. Highly doubtful they will send to PC and then Tampa 3 weeks later.

Not sure how much is true.......but the rep told me RH was supposed to go into drydock January 2017,so maybe she will get that done in Nov??:confused:

Not sure how much is true.......but the rep told me RH was supposed to go into drydock January 2017,so maybe she will get that done in Nov??:confused:

That makes more sense than stretching Majesty

No problem cancelling Jan 2017, but the other 3 are a major bummer.

Ours is a major bummer too. We had corner JS 8096 booked. :(

That should be worth at least a GS on an equivalent MJ cruise, right Royal? :)

Perhaps I need to refine my question a bit. Are Azamara, Pullmantur, and RCL each owned by a different groups of stock holders? They could all be owned by RCCL but treated as separate entities.

The most recent list of subsidiaries I could find was for the 2010 SEC filings for RCL.

This would be no different than the RCI, Celebrity and Azamara relationship for RCL. Yes, they are operated as a full subsidiary. They do not have a separate group of share holders.

Pullmantur used to be owned by Grupo Marsans that also owned among other things Aerolineas Argentinas. Royal sold off the Pullmantur Airline that was a charter carrier.

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/884887/000119312511045435/dex211.htm

Carnival Corp in relation has taken a group approach with Carnival Cruise Line having Carnival and fathom , Holland American Group having HAL, Princess and Seabourn, Carnival UK having Cunard and P&O and Costa Group having Costa and AIDA.

Ours is a major bummer too. We had corner JS 8096 booked. :(

That should be worth at least a GS on an equivalent MJ cruise, right Royal? :)

and as far as price protection(which they are offering)if someone has a balcony,then what?

No. Other than TUI (50% joint venture), all of the brands under the parent RCCL holding company (NYSE:RCL) Are either core brands (RCI, Celebrity, Azamara) or wholly owned subsidiaries. None of the subsidiaries has a separate tracking stock.

and as far as price protection(which they are offering)if someone has a balcony,then what?

Maybe they'll try to transfer those people down to Miami for the Enchantment? That would really be the only option, unless they upgraded people to suites, but I doubt that would happen.

A member of our Rhapsody TA roll call says she is still headed to PC, and then dry dock.

Majesty is one of my favorite classic ships. I'm just wondering whether the additions/upgrades will squeeze an already small ship to the point where it seems entirely too crowded? Other than that concern, I'm glad she's remaining part of the fleet.

A member of our Rhapsody TA roll call says she is still headed to PC, and then dry dock.

Is it already time for another dry dock for Rhapsody? Has it been 5 years since her last one?

If its already been 5 years, they will most likely just be doing routine maintenance. If not, they've already added the restaurants and cabins, and refreshed the carpets and upholstery in public spaces and existing cabins, what else would they need to do?

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Wasn't the plan to transfer Splendour next year? Why not stretch her instead of Majesty as it worked well for the Vision class.

While the stretch was a technical success, it wound up being way too expensive... something like $500 million in 2005. That high of price new ships looked more attractive. They had initially thought they were going to stretch more of the Vision class but stopped after the EN.

I'm just wondering whether the additions/upgrades will squeeze an already small ship to the point where it seems entirely too crowded?

I don't know. My other problem with it is the tiny staterooms. There's really nothing they can do to alleviate the crowding and small cabin issues.

As crazy as it sounds, I am sorta excited. Would love to take our 4 year old, but she is so wild, I am just not sure. As it is, we are taking 9 year old with hubby and I this fall, then just hubby and I in spring. With a smaller ship like majesty, I would consider taking daughter next summer for a weekend cruise...

we will see.....

BUT, I was surprised by the announcement, that's for sure.