First upgrade call EVER

Bases5

Got my first call from carnival about up grading.

Offer was to go from a Ocean view to a Ocean suite for $400 total

ocean suite has a large balcony

A big bathroom with a tub and double sink.

My cabin has a regular bathroom no balcony

But the room itself is a little bigger.

I think i would jump on it if we had a regular OV.

I think I will save my $400

5 day conquest

I would have snagged that deal.....that's an excellent upsell opportunity at a good price....the OS was way more $$$ than an OV when you booked!!

If I had a reg OV I would have.

I have 2470 witch is as big as a OS and has 2 windows

It was hard to say no

If I had a reg OV I would have.

I have 2470 witch is as big as a OS and has 2 windows

It was hard to say no

I had that exact room on Conquest in January of 2014. Love it. Except the not so fond memories of being bedridden in there for 24 hours with food poisoning. It was NOT fun. And a very long walk to medical.

As long as noise and vibration don't bother you, you will love it. If you need absolute quiet to sleep, bring Ambien :D

Anyone know what the caller ID shows when Carnival calls? With so many calls always coming in from telemarketers, we never answer our phone unless we recognize the number. I'll let telemarketers deal with my answering machine. But I wouldn't want to miss a call for an upgrade. [emoji3]

Think it's 305 area code but not sure

Yup, its a PVP that is assigned to make the upsell calls for that sailing not your PVP.

I missed the call on my cell, saw the number and KNEW it was an upsell.

I called my PVP who called me back with the direct line to the PVP that was doing the upsells.

Luckily she still had inventory and I want from Balcony to a Spa Balcony for just a little more than what I had in OBC from price reduction.

I would never choose a Spa room but wanted to give it a try.

You have to pay when they call, there is no hang up and call back ans they are required to move the inventory ASAP. And the person doing the upsell was surprised I reached her.

I know this was a cabin that the people just cancelled. It was setup for four even when telling the Steward that it was only the two of us it took two nights for him not to set the room to sleep four (drop the bed from ceiling, turn the couch).

Our late seating diner was a table for four and never got the other two people. We also had issues that we got the dreaded BLUE sail and sign cards and yes Guest Services took a while just to get the drink coupon.

But anyway I digress, for $400 I would have probably taken the upsell.

FWIW