Cruise Critic Community
doreman

What to do in Prague

...There is also a Woodrow Wilson statue in the little park across the central station by the way, which might be baffling to Americans.
Only to those Americans who don't know history, who unfortunately are the vast majority (and it seems that politicians are even more adverse to understanding history than the general population). The Treaty of Versailles was a recipe for disaster and lead pretty directly to WWII. While the Marshall Plan was not perfect (nothing is), it sure worked out a lot better viewed from 2015. Just my two cents.

Thom

Only to those Americans who don't know history, who unfortunately are the vast majority (and it seems that politicians are even more adverse to understanding history than the general population). The Treaty of Versailles was a recipe for disaster and lead pretty directly to WWII. While the Marshall Plan was not perfect (nothing is), it sure worked out a lot better viewed from 2015. Just my two cents.

Thom

For the Czechs though, it meant that they were free for the first time in history, Woodrow Wilson was instrumental in securing an independent Czech state, and that is why in their eyes, he is their hero.

If you've done Segways before I'd recommend the Segway tour. I've toured many cities via Segway, and that tour still ranks as one of my favorites.

We did an ebike tour that was fun. Very easy since the bikes have a small electric motor that helps and we also did the Prague Food Tour!! Wonderful tour highly recommend it!!

Edited by Peacemkr59

I have thought about both the E-Bikes as well as the Segway in Prague. Kiyomi and I will be there 23 November. Do you think it will be too rainy and cold for these? :confused:

We will be in Prague for 3 days before our Viking cruise from Nuremberg. Did you all book the Segway and the E-Bikes on line before you left the USA or is it possible to book through our hotel once we are there? :confused:

Thanks for your help! :D

I have thought about both the E-Bikes as well as the Segway in Prague. Kiyomi and I will be there 23 November. Do you think it will be too rainy and cold for these? :confused:

You might even have snow at that time of year!

We will be in Prague for 3 days before our Viking cruise from Nuremberg. Did you all book the Segway and the E-Bikes on line before you left the USA or is it possible to book through our hotel once we are there? :confused:

Thanks for your help! :D

We booked online but on a gorgeous early evening in July we were the only ones on our ebike tour. I'm sure you could wait until you get there to get on a tour once you see what the weather is doing!!

Thanks for all your replies. Yes, I pray for NO snow. I feel confident in booking after our arrival. Perhaps even our Hotel Concierge or Viking Concierge can do it for us. :D

We are doing a post cruise 3 night stay in Prague in December. I can't wait! Since it will be dark early, does anyone know if it's safe to wander around in the evenings? I'm looking forward to visiting the Christmas Market but don't want to have that be our only entertainment in the evenings!

Was just in Prague. Found it to be a very easy city to walk. Walked several nights from our hotel to dinner and to the old square. No problem

It's a very safe place. Of course you should be smart and aware but not a dangerous place.

Was just in Prague. Found it to be a very easy city to walk. Walked several nights from our hotel to dinner and to the old square. No problem

It's a very safe place. Of course you should be smart and aware but not a dangerous place.

Thank you both! We can't wait to explore this beautiful city!

Any recommendations for tour guides for a walking tour of the Jewish Quarter including the old synagogue?

Free Tour Guides.

They work for only Tips. Go to the Astronomical Clock early in the morning and look for their umbrellas. Their umbrellas have the languages that they know. I will try this in 2 weeks. :D

They have a website. Google "Free Tour Guides in Prague."

They are also in other cities. ;)

I would recommend the guides with green umbrellas as they are native English speakers and it shows on their umbrella the English speaking country flags. For my husband it was particularly helpful. He has a difficult time understanding someone with a heavy accent. We went around to all the guides who would be conducting the tours and the green umbrella guy was from Seattle (married to a woman from Prague) and it was much easier for him

We will be in Prague 3 days....

3 days is nothing for one of the most fascinating cities on the planet. It would be a great shame if you decided to spend any of your 3 days outside of Prague.

Go to the National Gallery's Veletrezni Palace to see Mucha's phenomenal 'Slav Epic'; wander up to magical Vysehrad and escape the tourists and pickpockets; take a short magical river cruise up and down the Vlatava; admire the incredible architecture and relax in beautiful beer gardens with some of the highest quality beer in the world; take in an opera or go to one of the famous performances at the National Marionette Theatre and then later wander the dark medieval streets of the old Jewish quarter.

Read Angelino Rippolino's 'clotted, mad, masterpiece' - 'Magic Prague ' and you'll realise why in 3 days you'll barely be able to scratch the surface....