AIBP for australia

martin jenkins

Wow $60 per day, any drink $14 or under.

At least they are offering it now. :)

Good to know, thanks for the heads up.

I thought Celebrity was US$59 so $60 sounds OK and after all that is only 4 drinks at the top price of $14, [perhaps more realistically 5 or 6] not really a lot of drinks.

I'd love to see them upgrade the soda and more to include coffee and water, even at a few extra $ a day.

I thought Celebrity was US$59 so $60 sounds OK and after all that is only 4 drinks at the top price of $14, [perhaps more realistically 5 or 6] not really a lot of drinks.

I'd love to see them upgrade the soda and more to include coffee and water, even at a few extra $ a day.

Well I rounded up, it is $59 and you don't have any gratuity added to it right?

Well I rounded up, it is $59 and you don't have any gratuity added to it right?

If they stick to their normal procedure no, no added tip. So all up it is probably be less than X charge.

Edited by GUT2407

And its AUD, not USD which is the currency Celebrity charges in on Australian cruises and the Princess package appears equivalent to Celebrity's Premium Package which is $81.90 AUD pp pd. Even their Classic is $69.30 AUD.

Edited by Wastegirl

Wow $60 per day, any drink $14 or under.

At least they are offering it now. :)

Since that is AUS $, AUD $59 is equivalent to US $43.94.

And the AUD $14 is equivalent to US $10.42.

And no gratuity is added.

Now lets look for the threads complaining that those Down Under pay less than those from North America or Europe.

Edited by caribill

Anyone know when this will be available on Australian/NZ cruises? Princess site still states not available on Dawn/Sea/Sun/Diamond/Emerald/Golden cruising from Aus and NZ. Where did the brochure originate from? Thanks!

Great for others, but totally irrelevant for me on a 3 night cruise.

At last I have a cost price to calculate from of AUD$14 per cocktail, and I can get the Soda and More Package for about AUD$16 which is a little overestimated but I don't remember the actual pricing for Australia. I have seen it recently, just forgot to write it down! Think I remember thinking, "Oh under $25 for the cruise, but could honestly NOT swear in a Court of Law this price is accurate, at this time!

I can get a Mimosa with my breakfast in Sabatini's-looking forward to trying it, and will take photos-I promise! Plan to have a good Afternoon Tea, whether in the Dining Room or Suite, then change and go to the Elite/Suite/Platinum function for the Cocktail of the Day; Dinner about 8.00-8.30 with another Cocktail, then Skywalkers for a Nightcap of Captain's Bounty so I'll be nicely rocked to sleep!

I had intended to try to keep to rum-based drinks Sailing Day as several family members now deceased, served in the Army, and IIRC, soldiers used to drink rum. A vague memory of the Rum Rebellion, but it's over 35 years since I left school so not entirely sure. Was told by a friend that as long as I leave a minimum of 1-2 hours between Cocktails and have something to eat, I should be reasonably safe. Finding food is never a problem on a cruise ship!

I'm due to make another cruise payment on Thursday-3 days away, know some people are in differing time zones, so will double-check that information with the TA. Am hoping, with things falling into place, I will actually get to sail, instead of "operational reasons" causing a cancellation.

Decided on just the 1 formal photo as a souvenir, and will buy the Photography credit to cover the cost. Another friend cannot cruise due to family commitments, so planning to "surprise" her with a parcel containing as many of mug, pen, magnet, postcard and lanyard as I can get!

All other costings are coming along, so it's just plodding along here. And eagerly reading about others' generously posted experiences-I always pick up a useful tip, if not 2 each day!

My friend and former work colleague's booked himself solo in an Inside Stateroom on Plaza Deck on the same cruise, so I've been pumping him full of information on useful things to bring. He's particular about his shampoo-challenging hair!-but can use something I have multiple sample sizes of, so offered him a set of anything useful I've doubled up on as I've been collecting "sample sizes" of cosmetics, toiletries, fragrances, skincare, dental care and hair care for some months-the Cruise Spongebag is nicely supplied already. I will still keep collecting the miniatures, they're useful to keep in my handbag for needing to clean my hands down the street.

Lovely surprise to log in to today! Some positive news for the budget is always good to hear!

Edited by crochetcruise
Spelling error.

Anyone know when this will be available on Australian/NZ cruises? Princess site still states not available on Dawn/Sea/Sun/Diamond/Emerald/Golden cruising from Aus and NZ. Where did the brochure originate from? Thanks!

I'm making a payment off my Cruise on Thursday, so have written down the questions for my TA. And I WILL take a notepad and pen to record the answers for you-memory's a bit temperamental at present due to an on-going stressful family situation. It isn't relevant to me as my cruise is only 3 nights, but hoping to do Tasmania for my 60th birthday and that the package will be available on 6 night cruises-sailing on the Golden Princess I must sail from Melbourne so lose 2 nights :(. Equally, I MUST have a Handicapped Accessible Bathroom, so no other choice currently available in a Full Suite to "mark" a Special Birthday-Belated 50th for November 2016.

Great for others, but totally irrelevant for me on a 3 night cruise.

At last I have a cost price to calculate from of AUD$14 per cocktail, and I can get the Soda and More Package for about AUD$16 which is a little overestimated but I don't remember the actual pricing for Australia. I have seen it recently, just forgot to write it down! Think I remember thinking, "Oh under $25 for the cruise, but could honestly NOT swear in a Court of Law this price is accurate, at this time!

I can get a Mimosa with my breakfast in Sabatini's-looking forward to trying it, and will take photos-I promise! Plan to have a good Afternoon Tea, whether in the Dining Room or Suite, then change and go to the Elite/Suite/Platinum function for the Cocktail of the Day; Dinner about 8.00-8.30 with another Cocktail, then Skywalkers for a Nightcap of Captain's Bounty so I'll be nicely rocked to sleep!

I had intended to try to keep to rum-based drinks Sailing Day as several family members now deceased, served in the Army, and IIRC, soldiers used to drink rum. A vague memory of the Rum Rebellion, but it's over 35 years since I left school so not entirely sure. Was told by a friend that as long as I leave a minimum of 1-2 hours between Cocktails and have something to eat, I should be reasonably safe. Finding food is never a problem on a cruise ship!

I'm due to make another cruise payment on Thursday-3 days away, know some people are in differing time zones, so will double-check that information with the TA. Am hoping, with things falling into place, I will actually get to sail, instead of "operational reasons" causing a cancellation.

Decided on just the 1 formal photo as a souvenir, and will buy the Photography credit to cover the cost. Another friend cannot cruise due to family commitments, so planning to "surprise" her with a parcel containing as many of mug, pen, magnet, postcard and lanyard as I can get!

All other costings are coming along, so it's just plodding along here. And eagerly reading about others' generously posted experiences-I always pick up a useful tip, if not 2 each day!

My friend and former work colleague's booked himself solo in an Inside Stateroom on Plaza Deck on the same cruise, so I've been pumping him full of information on useful things to bring. He's particular about his shampoo-challenging hair!-but can use something I have multiple sample sizes of, so offered him a set of anything useful I've doubled up on as I've been collecting "sample sizes" of cosmetics, toiletries, fragrances, skincare, dental care and hair care for some months-the Cruise Spongebag is nicely supplied already. I will still keep collecting the miniatures, they're useful to keep in my handbag for needing to clean my hands down the street.

Lovely surprise to log in to today! Some positive news for the budget is always good to hear!

Soda and more near enough to $8 [Currently showing as $8.05]

Soda near enough to $6 [$5.18] but it depends on where on the site you look

Remember that's per day so a 3 night cruise X4

Soda = $24

and more = $32

Soda and more near enough to $8 [Currently showing as $8.05]

Soda near enough to $6 [$5.18] but it depends on where on the site you look

Remember that's per day so a 3 night cruise X4

Soda = $24

and more = $32

THANK YOU! Am trying to consciously over-budget spending money, so I have some money available to restock my freezer when I get home. As I'll be away 10 nights, I'd prefer to leave very little to be lost due to a power failure.

Oh how inspiring of you-just realised that my preferred supermarket does pre-paid Gift cards, so I could organise one before leaving home, and know I can do a Food Shop when I get back home-after I've put the laundry in to be washed of course!

I was calculating on time from boarding-estimated 11.30-noon, x the full 3 24hours per day when I calculated the cost to put aside. Vaguely remember reading that's how Princess calculates the cost, but could be wrong, I don't remember where I read it, so reliability is suspect!

THANK YOU! Am trying to consciously over-budget spending money, so I have some money available to restock my freezer when I get home. As I'll be away 10 nights, I'd prefer to leave very little to be lost due to a power failure.

Oh how inspiring of you-just realised that my preferred supermarket does pre-paid Gift cards, so I could organise one before leaving home, and know I can do a Food Shop when I get back home-after I've put the laundry in to be washed of course!

I was calculating on time from boarding-estimated 11.30-noon, x the full 3 24hours per day when I calculated the cost to put aside. Vaguely remember reading that's how Princess calculates the cost, but could be wrong, I don't remember where I read it, so reliability is suspect!

I haven't been on Princess for a few years [100 days to go] but last time they charged per day, counting both the embarkation day and disembarkation day as full days.

The gift card for when you get home sounds like a good idea.

I haven't been on Princess for a few years [100 days to go] but last time they charged per day, counting both the embarkation day and disembarkation day as full days.

Ah THAT'S what I hadn't picked up, the package is charged by calendar day, not 24 hours by the clock! Alerted with over a year to take corrective action with extra savings.

Off for some more cruise-related browsing, and I WILL check out the Princess website pricing in Guest Services to see if anything's new!

It was on FB last week and has been confirmed by a TA. Someone mentioned that it may not appear in the Personalizer but can be bought onboard.

I'm going on Dawn next month and will probably be getting the package, although the selection of wines by the glass is not great for our tastes. However even if we buy a bottle of wine with dinner each night, with 40% off, it still works out cheaper than RCI's Ultimate package which was $US67 (grats incl) when bought onboard in March. Since it includes coffees, water, and everything else except perhaps some top cognacs, we'll still get our money's worth each day, I think.

I'll be very annoyed if they charge for disembarkation day! You have to be out of your cabin by 8am and most people are off the ship by 9:30am. RCI certainly didn't charge for the last day - on a 9 night cruise you paid for 9 days.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Checked on the Princess Cruises website, and no mention of the new package available in Australia. Came back and caught up on threads posted while I was away, and realised I need to buy it on board, so must allow extra On Board Credit IF, by the time I cruise, it is available for cruises of less than 8 days.

My friend advised me to get cans of Soda so I have drinks available Disembarkation day and check with my TA in October next year for the most up-to-date information. Equally, her own excited reaction was, "Less worry over budgeting On Board Credit for you," she'd also missed I needed to buy it on board.

As I cannot check in to the hotel until 2.00pm local time, I had intended to get the latest disembarkation time I could, and ask friends on another forum for recommendations for a reliable taxi company in Melbourne. As we all know, personal recommendations are more reliable than looking in the phone book, or online.

Things are coming together nicely!

my TA emailed it to me,i heard about it last week

The package will be rolled out across the following Australian based ships:

Sun Princess® - available now

Dawn Princess® - available now

Sea Princess® - available 12 July 2015

The package will also be available onboard Diamond Princess®, Golden Princess® and Emerald Princess® voyages departing from and returning to Australia, 8 nights or longer.

The package can be booked with any bartender or waiter onboard.