Loyalty schemes

I am currently in both royaI and celebrity loyalty schemes do my royal point contribute to celebrut and visa versa?

I did join celebrity scheme some time ago and our royal points contributed at the time, however we have been on a lot more royal cruuse since and have moved up the scale but stayed put with celebrity,

I here that diamond equates to elite on celebrity, surely I don't need to cancel my celebrity loyalty and start again by registering my diamond with them?

Hope this makes sense?

I am currently in both royaI and celebrity loyalty schemes do my royal point contribute to celebrut and visa versa?

I did join celebrity scheme some time ago and our royal points contributed at the time, however we have been on a lot more royal cruuse since and have moved up the scale but stayed put with celebrity,

I here that diamond equates to elite on celebrity, surely I don't need to cancel my celebrity loyalty and start again by registering my diamond with them?

Hope this makes sense?

It does not make sense to me, but I'll say that Royal cruises do not add to your Celebrity points and Celebrity cruises do not add to your Royal points.

All the two lines do is recognize a couple of loyalty levels and give you the corresponding level on the other line. So if you are Elite on Celebrity, you get to be Diamond on Royal, even with no Royal cruises. And so forth.

So do I need to inform celebrity of my new royal level for them to move me up to elite?

It should be automatic if you were ever linked. However, if you don't see that you are moved to Elite within a couple of weeks of when you turn Diamond, then I'd call Captain's Club and have your C&A number handy.

I've never understood why Celebrity and RC have separate loyalty programs, or why you can't choose to have cruises from RC cruises credited to the Celebrity program and vice versa.

If you look at airline alliances, for the most part, you can accrue miles from any member airline into one airline's frequent flyer program. I'm flying to London this year on British Airways, but the miles will go into my American Airlines account. Besides adding miles, the BA miles and flight segments count towards elite status on AA.

The fact that Celebrity and RC nights don't accumulate towards each other's programs is why we aren't taking a Celebrity cruise this summer. Why spend 7 or more nights, when those nights don't helm me move me to the next level with C&A.

I've never understood why Celebrity and RC have separate loyalty programs, or why you can't choose to have cruises from RC cruises credited to the Celebrity program and vice versa.

If you look at airline alliances, for the most part, you can accrue miles from any member airline into one airline's frequent flyer program. I'm flying to London this year on British Airways, but the miles will go into my American Airlines account. Besides adding miles, the BA miles and flight segments count towards elite status on AA.

The fact that Celebrity and RC nights don't accumulate towards each other's programs is why we aren't taking a Celebrity cruise this summer. Why spend 7 or more nights, when those nights don't helm me move me to the next level with C&A.

Instead of comparing the cruise line to an airline why not compare it to another cruise line. Each of Carnivals subsidiary lines has their own loyalty program and are not interchangeable.

Royal Caribbean's sister comapanies, Azamara Club Cruises and Celebrity Cruises do have a reciprocal program between brands but Royal Caribbean does not.

From https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/ie/le-club-voyage/terms-conditions :

Until further notice, guests who sail on Azamara Club Cruises or Celebrity Cruises will earn Club Points or Captain’s Club Points toward their memberships in both Le Club Voyage and Captain's Club, regardless of which brand they sail. Both Captain's Club and Le Club Voyage members will enjoy the benefits of their tier levels on both lines. Program terms are subject to change.

Instead of comparing the cruise line to an airline why not compare it to another cruise line. Each of Carnivals subsidiary lines has their own loyalty program and are not interchangeable.

Honestly, because the cruise lines are the only loyalty program I can think of that do this. If you're in Membership Rewards, any Marriott Property, including the Ritz Carlton, counts. If you're in Starwood Preferred Guest, any Sheraton, Weston, W, etc., counts. If you're Mileage Plus, the entire Star Alliance counts. I recognize, but don't "get" this aspect of the cruise lines as it's completely out of synch with all other travel industry loyalty programs.

And, it's not even consistent within RCCL, as pointed out with Azamara and Celebrity.

But, it is what it is...

Honestly, because the cruise lines are the only loyalty program I can think of that do this. If you're in Membership Rewards, any Marriott Property, including the Ritz Carlton, counts. If you're in Starwood Preferred Guest, any Sheraton, Weston, W, etc., counts. If you're Mileage Plus, the entire Star Alliance counts. I recognize, but don't "get" this aspect of the cruise lines as it's completely out of synch with all other travel industry loyalty programs.

And, it's not even consistent within RCCL, as pointed out with Azamara and Celebrity.

But, it is what it is...

At least they offer the reciprocal benefits between X and RCI.