All Aboard Time?

HALrunner

Can anyone tell me what time is "All Aboard" for PCL in the Caribbean? Sixty minutes before scheduled departure? Thirty minutes?

Specifically on the Emerald in St. Thomas in November?

Thanks so much:)

Can anyone tell me what time is "All Aboard" for PCL in the Caribbean? Sixty minutes before scheduled departure? Thirty minutes?

Specifically on the Emerald in St. Thomas in November?

Thanks so much:)

I'm guessing you're talking about a port stop as I don't recall any sailings starting in St. Thomas.

Usually it's thirty minutes before sailaway time, but if you're planning your port time, I would seriously suggest planning to be back at the pier by sixty minutes. You won't want to risk missing the ship.

I agree with Crusin Chick. Generally "all aboard" is 30 mins prior to departure. I'm the "belt and suspenders" kind of guy. I'm aboard 60 mins prior. I want to be sure the boat doesn't leave without me!

I'm with the others. Plan to be onboard 60 minutes before you sail. If there is a snag getting back you will be glad of the extra time you built into your plans. There are just too many stories of people watching the ship sail away without them.

You should plan to be back on the pier and back onboard at least 30 minutes before sailing. That means getting back to the pier about 60 minutes before to allow for any delay. At tender ports, the "back onboard" id 60 minutes before sailing so you should be back on the pier 90 minutes before sailing.

Thank you all! Just the information I was looking for!

We always play it safe and arrive back at least 30 minutes before the posted all aboard time. We often fib and tell our tour operators that all aboard is 30 minutes earlier than posted;)

We always play it safe and arrive back at least 30 minutes before the posted all aboard time. We often fib and tell our tour operators that all aboard is 30 minutes earlier than posted;)

I believe they know the ropes as to real all aboard times.

Specifically on St Thomas if you are downtown, it is not far to either dock. If you are Emerald, you will most likely be at Crown Bay.

If you grab taxi on the waterfront side in the downtown area, you will be back in a few minutes. I'd be comfortable there leaving from there for the ship at 60 minutes prior and you will be there comfortably ahead of the 30 minute limit. If mobility impaired then allow more time.

If you are on a tour or elsewhere around the island, then you need a safety margin for sure - like any other place.

It reads like you aren't trying to stretch the limit anyway, but just wanted to point out downtown which is where we end our day in STT.

A woman I used to work with, a number of years ago would always pick me up 20-30 late. I finally figured out to tell her we needed to leave 30 minutes earlier than we really needed to. That way when she finally showed up, we were on time.

If you are in a tender port, the last tender is usually 60 minutes before sailing.

I checked Patters for tender ports for two Princess cruises this year.

For Princess Cays the time listed for the last tender was 60 minutes before sailing.

For Belize City it was 30 minutes.

I believe they know the ropes as to real all aboard times.

Specifically on St Thomas if you are downtown, it is not far to either dock. If you are Emerald, you will most likely be at Crown Bay.

If you grab taxi on the waterfront side in the downtown area, you will be back in a few minutes.

This past winter our ship was docked in Crown Bay. It took about 20mins for the cab to return to the pier. The cab traveled right through the center and most busy street in town looking to fill up all the seats. So allow sufficient time for a cab. If you are docked at Havensight it is easier as the taxis are staged on that side of town.

Most ports, I've found you can really milk it and be last-minute by planning to be at least within a half mile of the ship when it gets within 30 minutes of all aboard time. That's last-minute overpriced souvenir shopping time. Often you can run into a crew member on the street. Just let them know your stateroom number. You're covered.

Most ports, I've found you can really milk it and be last-minute by planning to be at least within a half mile of the ship when it gets within 30 minutes of all aboard time. That's last-minute overpriced souvenir shopping time. Often you can run into a crew member on the street. Just let them know your stateroom number. You're covered.
We witnessed a woman left behind in Curacao. She apparently was doing some last-minute overpriced souvenir shopping when she ended up on the wrong side of the pontoon bridge as our ship left. Her overpriced souvenir shopping got a lot more expensive when she had to arrange for her flight back to the U.S.

We witnessed a woman left behind in Curacao. She apparently was doing some last-minute overpriced souvenir shopping when she ended up on the wrong side of the pontoon bridge as our ship left. Her overpriced souvenir shopping got a lot more expensive when she had to arrange for her flight back to the U.S.

Oddly enough we were in Curacao standing on the promenade deck watching 4 passengers running like mad, presumably after some last-minute overpriced souvenir shopping, trying to catch the ship. They made it, but barely.....

Yeah, all aboard time is usually 30 minutes before sailaway. 60 minutes for ports which tender or shuttle bus. I have been late to all aboard time before (due to rental car) with few issues. Those 30 minutes--that is your guardband. No need to build guardband on top of your guardband, especially when you can see your ship 400 Meters away. You don't know that those late passengers were souvenir shopping close by--they were probably just late. If you are 2 hours away, you probably need to allow 3, due to possible traffic conditions. But if you indeed do get back in 2, fewer things can go wrong when your ship is right there within eyeshot. And there tend to be Princess crew in that area; unless you are just so late that even they are on board. If you see someone in Princess uniform with a radio, you're fine.