PABT - Port Authority Bus Terminal - NYC Questions

CarolRoy

Need some info on the New York City Port Authority Bus Terminal.

Haven't been there in years. Is it still pretty bad?

Also what exit (street) would you exit from PABT to get a taxi to the Manhattan Cruise Pier?

I agree it's not beautiful, but it's perfectly safe. If you exit to 8th there are indeed more cabs.

There is actually the Port Authority Police Station located right in the terminal. Any problem go right there. I would bring plenty of hand sanitizer that would be the main issue. lol

There is actually the Port Authority Police Station located right in the terminal. Any problem go right there. I would bring plenty of hand sanitizer that would be the main issue. lol

Police Station is only in the South Building (remember it is actually two buildings with 41st Street running in between them on Main floor, connected on lower level and 2nd floor).

Plenty of Port Authority Police walking around and more often then not NY Army National Guard on patrol as well.

Map: https://www.panynj.gov/bus-terminals/pabt-terminal-map.html

There is Taxi Dispatcher at both buildings, there is even Red Cap service for help with your bags 24 hours 212-502-2245 or dial "55" from any house phone.

Which level does the NJ Transit bus use when arriving and leaving Port Authority going to and from Secaucus? Can you purchase a round trip ticket before leaving Secaucus? Can they be purchased on the bus?

Do you know the bus number you will be using? If not, where are you going in Secaucus?

Perhaps someone who uses these buses regularly can comment. For all the times I've been through PABT, I always find it confusing and allow extra time.