Nā Pali Coast Tours

arvinramlakhan

Do you know of any companies that offer pick ups at the port? Most boat tours seem to start in Eleele, Hanalei or Kekaha. We are hoping to save the cab fare if possible.

We did one years ago from Hanalei, but we were staying close by. I doubt you are going to find anyone willing to do 2 long roundtrips to pick you up and return you to the ship. Your best option is to reserve a car with shuttle pick up at the port. $30 or $40 for the day and just take a very easy and scenic drive from the port up to Hanalie. There are many other things you can see with the car before or after your tour.

I should add that I am not familiar with the other two places. Perhaps they are closer to the port, but if so, they are much farther from Na Pali.

Edited by punkincc

Is there a ship tour offered? There are not going to be any Na Pali boat tours, that are going to pick you up. it is a far distance, that is slow going. Traffic can be severe and stopped. I suggest you get a rental car, then you can stop at other attractions. And probably less than what a round trip cab fare is going to be. Have you verified what the cab far range it going to be? I know in some Hawaii areas, you can count on $5/mile.

I am picky about my boat tours, as I also want a good snorkel site. If snorkeling isn't an interest, there are plenty of vendors you can just reserve ahead with.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you found a private tour that works with the time your ship will be in port? If so, you might contact them and ask for their recommendations for transportation. They may be able to provide an affordable option that would eliminate taking the time to rent and return a car. You might also post on the roll call for your cruise and see what others have found, or if there is someone who would like to share transportation costs. Depending on how much extra time you might have it could be fun to do a little extra sightseeing if time permits.

I seem to remember that there was a previous thread by someone who was having a hard time finding a private tour that worked with the times their ship was in port. It could possibly have been the type of Na Pali tour they wanted. The Na Pali coast is beautiful and you will enjoy it. Cherie

Do you know of any companies that offer pick ups at the port? Most boat tours seem to start in Eleele, Hanalei or Kekaha. We are hoping to save the cab fare if possible.

Hopefully you find something, this was a great tour for us! Unlike many here we always to Hawaii by air-island and thus never have this tour / timing problem that cruises pose :o

we are very interested in doing the na pali sightseeing and sunset dinner cruise and would very much like to either share a taxi or find a way of getting there with others ... please get in touch with me if you are interested. joanie sat6666@satx.rr.com

also interested in a helicopter ride in kauai and would like to share transportation to and from if anyone is interested in doing that.

actually, am game for almost anything on most islands.

my research shows that the na pali tour is best seen by either water or helicopter and i think we'd like to try to do both. would welcome sharing transportation with someone interested - i've researched several companies and have found one that we think looks pretty promising. joanie sat6666@satx.rr.com

none include transportation

we are very interested in doing the na pali sightseeing and sunset dinner cruise and would very much like to either share a taxi or find a way of getting there with others ... please get in touch with me if you are interested. joanie sat6666@satx.rr.com

also interested in a helicopter ride in kauai and would like to share transportation to and from if anyone is interested in doing that.

actually, am game for almost anything on most islands.

my research shows that the na pali tour is best seen by either water or helicopter and i think we'd like to try to do both. would welcome sharing transportation with someone interested - i've researched several companies and have found one that we think looks pretty promising. joanie sat6666@satx.rr.com

You don't even say what ship you are on and when you are going. You really need to put these on your roll call. If you are not sure on how to find your roll call, let us know and we can help you--we just need the ship and date.

Hi Joanie, I think you want to post these questions on the roll call for your cruise. To do that go to the CruiseCritic home forum page, scroll down to roll calls and click on your cruise line. Then find your ship and the date of your sailing. Roll Calls can be so informative and you get to know some of the other passengers on your particular cruise. Good luck, please post again if you have trouble with the Roll Call. Cherie

Oops, I just realized that you may be asking the OP if they want to join you on the excursions you have already found. If that's the case I apologize for my senior moment. You may already know if OP is on your cruise.

Edited by cccole

Puzzled by your comment that "none include transportation". This may very well be true for water tours along the Na Pali Coast, but it is definately not true for helicopter tours. The one we used was located at the airport practically next door to the cruise port, and they did provide a pick up and return for us from our cruise ship. If you need this info, let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
Puzzled by your comment that "none include transportation". This may very well be true for water tours along the Na Pali Coast, but it is definately not true for helicopter tours. The one we used was located at the airport practically next door to the cruise port, and they did provide a pick up and return for us from our cruise ship. If you need this info, let me know.

can you please provide the name of the company you used.

Thanks

It is an hour and change either way driving to where the coast begins so you may have difficulty finding a tour that picks up at the port.

The best way:

Book a helicopter tour that picks you up at the port. In your standard hour tour, you will come away feeling like you've really seen Kauai and you will be up close and personal with the Na Pali Coast. I highly recommend Island Helicopters for their Jurassic Falls Landing Tour.

can you please provide the name of the company you used.

Thanks

We used Blue Hawaiian, located at the airport next door. We booked the first tour of the day, the first day in port. That way, if there was a rain out, we stood some chance of a rebook for later in the day or the next am. It tends to cloud up as the day progresses, so your best chance of clear visibility is early. They had round trip trans from the dock. Very nice office at the airport.

"Notion"'used Island Helicopters and I believe their office is at the shopping center next to the port.

I would take a look at both websites, look at reviews, and decide which to go with.

The helicopter is of course the best option as you can see the entire island, but that the does not mean that Na Pali by water is not worthwhile. We have done it 3 ways, once by Heli, once by small watercraft, and once from the deck of a cruise ship during the Na Pali sail by on the POA. They all of course give a different perspective of Na Pali. From the ship, you have a very broad perspective, but from a much greater distance. From our cat tour, we were very up close and you really got a feel for the size of those cliffs. Of course, the heli combined both elements and was way more thrilling, but I'd do all three if I could.

Edited by punkincc

I'm very interested in know what car rental companies are being used? So far I've been quoted $35.00 a day, I thought that was decent until I read $19.00 for a day.

Also, does anyone know about parking near the ports in Maui and Kaui, just in case we want to come and go frequently? We are sailing on POA

TIA,

I'm very interested in know what car rental companies are being used? So far I've been quoted $35.00 a day, I thought that was decent until I read $19.00 for a day.

Also, does anyone know about parking near the ports in Maui and Kaui, just in case we want to come and go frequently? We are sailing on POA

TIA,

We went through the Discount Hawaii Car Rentals website as many people do. They route you to the cheapest for your requested car and you book direct but retain the discount from Discount Hawaii. Make sure you indicate you need port pick up. Thrifty worked for us. $35 sounds about right, but depends on the vehicle, convertable, jeep, large vehicle. If you find a better deal after booking, just cancel and rebook. You pay nothing until you are at the desk.

Parking in Maui is limited at the ship itself. It fills up quick late in the afternoon. If full, security at gate will direct you to overflow lot down the street. Very easy to find. There is security there as well. The walk back is fenced in and well lip. Very secure. Maybe a 1-2 block walk? If someone in your party can't manage that, ask the guard if you can drive in, drop off and then drive out. Or just drop off at gate.

Parking in Kauai is at a pay lot in the shopping area a couple blocks from ship.