Port Time Change NCL

rdmadm12

I just saw that NCL has changed our Tortola port time from 8-4 to now 7-3. I just booked our excursion (not with NCL) to the Baths on Patouche. Obviously with this change we won't be able to do this excursion. Does anyone know of a tour/group/sail that goes to the Baths that early? One of the only reasons I booked this cruise was because of the great port times.

:mad:

Blue water, assuming the ship docks on time and lets us off at 7, what are the chances of making the 745 ferry normally do you think? Would it still be worth taking the 9 ferry as a backup and come back at 12:40 or do you think it is not worth the effort?

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

I actually made contact with Patouche and he was willing to adjust his sailing times to match the cruise ship.

Yes most operators that rely on cruise passengers will want to adjust their times to coincide with changed ship schedules. So always contact the operator to see if they are doing that before giving up.

Blue water, assuming the ship docks on time and lets us off at 7, what are the chances of making the 745 ferry normally do you think? Would it still be worth taking the 9 ferry as a backup and come back at 12:40 or do you think it is not worth the effort?

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

If you're off the ship by 7:20 you'd have a great shot if you can hustle to the ferry dock. I don't know what the delay will be getting off, or if the ferry will leave a little late knowing folks will be getting there at 7:30 and wanting to go. They have locals going to VG for work so can't delay too much...

With the 9AM ferry I think it's worth the effort to have 3 hours on VG and see the Baths.

Someone on another thread said there is no way you'd make the 7:45 ferry because you have to disembark the boat and then get over to the ferry. I'm really not sure what to do at this point.

Whoever posted that had no idea what they were talking about. You can be to the ferry in 10 minutes. Unless the ship is late you will be off by 5 minutes after 7:00.

If you are really concerned take the NCL offered excursion.

Whoever posted that had no idea what they were talking about. You can be to the ferry in 10 minutes. Unless the ship is late you will be off by 5 minutes after 7:00.

The poster was probably considering the time it takes to get off the ship :rolleyes:

If you're off the ship by 7:20 you'd have a great shot if you can hustle to the ferry dock. I don't know what the delay will be getting off, or if the ferry will leave a little late knowing folks will be getting there at 7:30 and wanting to go. They have locals going to VG for work so can't delay too much...

With the 9AM ferry I think it's worth the effort to have 3 hours on VG and see the Baths.

The NCL excursion hasn't changed its time yet:rolleyes: Still leaves at 8 for 4 1/2 hours. I'm just glad the 7-3 port time they had listed for St Thomas last Friday was an error.

Since it is such a short sail from St Thomas, I bet they will be docked as soon as they are allowed. They should be ready to let people off at 7.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess I will have to keep checking NCL times at Tortola port...our sailing says 7 - 3. I think we may try to do it ourselves on te ferry and have a plan B should we not get off on time. Sure would be nice if someone posts their "success" or lack of success with getting off at 7ish and making the ferry.

It's a shame they don't have more time in port for Tortola as there are excellent excursion options. We docked from 7 - 2:30 here on our only cruise to Tortola. We've stayed on Tortola and have been to Virgin Gorda and the other islands on day trips so on that very short port day we just visited spots on Tortola that we like. But the Baths are a unique experience on a Caribbean cruise and it is worth the effort to get there if you can make the ferry. Good luck!