Just back from your cruise????

jacksmom09

I wouldn't ever take a sweater or jacket I'm always boiling hot no matter what

I don't even wear long sleeves up north in the winter

Me either, but some - including my wife - gets cold at night in some venues. Not everyone is hot natured like you and I.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for all the great ideas! Just wondering where the best place to buy an over the door hanger cheap?

Got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond. I think it was $14.99. It has 24 compartments, clear plastic and 4 hooks that go over the closet door. AWSOME!!! So convenient for small stuff that would otherwise clutter your precious counter space!!

We bring tide single liquid packs so we can wash out our workout clothes in the sink. We also bring a few clothespins to hang the clothes either outside if the ship's not sailing or on the clothesline in the shower.

Just wondering what item you took that was really useful/helpful

/fun/necessary/out of the ordinary that you would reccomend to others to make their cruise better?

Hi Jacksmom :)

I'm glad you mentioned 'out of the ordinary'..

My wife & keep a cruise journal during each sailing.

Prior to going to sleep every evening we discuss the days events, people we met, etc.. and then log them.

We have been doing this for a few decades now.

The strolls down memory lane are fantastic! Often more entertaining than the photos we take.

:)

Use battery operated tea lights....pick them up at the dollar store..love them

I brought these last time. With one in the cabin and one in the bathroom, it's just enough light to move about without turning on a light - but not enough that it will disturb your sleep.

This does not take the place of a flashlight, however, which we always travel with.

Last time we cruised, we brought the magnetized file clips for the wall that were great for holding our hats. In the past we had tossed our hats onto the highest shelf in the closet, but those shelves are always dusty and probably don't get cleaned very often.

Don't forget a tote or beach bag of some sort. Obviously you would need this for excursions, but we also use around the ship. We might go out for a trivia event, then decide to travel to other events but have some downtime in between - we always carry our books or kindles, reading glasses, sunglasses in case we step outside, maybe a bottle of water or two, the camera, etc. Keeps us from traveling back and forth to the room.

You can get an over the door shoe/accessory hanger at Walmart or Target. We take portable lights that are battery operated. They are good for going to the bathroom at night. And since we were 2 weeks away from cruising on Splendor when the fire occurred, we carry them for other reasons too.