1.5 YO on NCL questions...

Bluefox

Hello-

I am looking to see if anyone has info on the cribs on NCL. I see the thread about RCCL, just wondering if I should just pack our pack and play because we will be driving to the port, and it would be easy enough.

Also, has anyone been on the Jade? I know there aren't drop off programs for him, but is there a kids splash pad like on other NCL ships?

This is our first cruise since our baby moon and I can't wait! We will be sailing in our first suite, the 2 bedroom. My mother will also be joining us. I am very excited! Any other tips and advice would be much appreciated.Thank you!

That is correct. People mistake any splash area as an "infant only recreational water facility" to give it the proper title per the USPH. No NCL ship has one of these splash areas, so kids in swim diapers are not allowed.

The best thing for a toddler is a blow up tub (just about big enough for him/her to sit down in) that you can use on your balcony, in an out of the way spot on the pool deck, or even in the shower for bath time.

I swear I've seen pictures of some of the NCL ships have a small slide and about a 6in or less pool. It looks like it's in a small room near the pool?

Edited by Bluefox

I swear I've seen pictures of some of the NCL ships have a small slide and about a 6in or less pool. It looks like it's in a small room near the pool?

Yes, there are splash areas like this, but they are not designed for non-potty trained kids. Those splash areas have a separate water supply from all other pools, have a higher water turnover rate for filtration and chlorination, and a UV sterilizer in the filtration system. The only ships that have splash areas for kids in diapers are Disney and the RCI Freedom and Oasis classes.

Yes, there are splash areas like this, but they are not designed for non-potty trained kids. Those splash areas have a separate water supply from all other pools, have a higher water turnover rate for filtration and chlorination, and a UV sterilizer in the filtration system. The only ships that have splash areas for kids in diapers are Disney and the RCI Freedom and Oasis classes.

And next to those tiny NCL pools will be a sign stating they are not for diapered children.

And next to those tiny NCL pools will be a sign stating they are not for diapered children.

There are three clues as to whether or not a splash area is intended for kids in diapers:

1. There will be a sign that swim diapers are allowed, and reminding parents to change diapers frequently

2. There will be a crewmember assigned to monitor the splash area as their sole job.

3. There will be a supply of swim diapers available from the cruise line near the splash area.

If all 3 of these things are not present, swim diapers are not allowed.

Hi, we're just oft the Jade and we've seen some tiny kids using the splash area without being sent away. There is definitely room for a small paddling pool next to it.

Years ago we took our then 1.5 yrs old son on the Jewel, the crib was absolutely fine for him and he really enjoyed himself.

Look out for guppies activities- parents have to bei present but they always offer some arts and crafts etc for the youngest. The guppies playarea is next to the splash area.

Have fun- our kids love cruising, they are 10 and 7 and our last cruise was their 7th/6th...

Gesendet von meinem LG-E440 mit Tapatalk

Hi, we're just oft the Jade and we've seen some tiny kids using the splash area without being sent away. There is definitely room for a small paddling pool next to it.

Years ago we took our then 1.5 yrs old son on the Jewel, the crib was absolutely fine for him and he really enjoyed himself.

Look out for guppies activities- parents have to bei present but they always offer some arts and crafts etc for the youngest. The guppies playarea is next to the splash area.

Have fun- our kids love cruising, they are 10 and 7 and our last cruise was their 7th/6th...

Gesendet von meinem LG-E440 mit Tapatalk

While the NCL FAQ's states that kids in swim diapers are not allowed, the Jade is a bit of a special case, since she hasremained in Europe year round. The above descriptions of "infant only" pool regulations are USPH regulations, so they don't apply to ships that don't call at US ports, so the Jade may be lax about enforcing the rules. However, starting this year, when the Jade returns to the US in winter, she will have to comply with the USPH regulations while calling at US ports.

• 5 weeks later...
Hello-

I am looking to see if anyone has info on the cribs on NCL. I see the thread about RCCL, just wondering if I should just pack our pack and play because we will be driving to the port, and it would be easy enough.

Also, has anyone been on the Jade? I know there aren't drop off programs for him, but is there a kids splash pad like on other NCL ships?

This is our first cruise since our baby moon and I can't wait! We will be sailing in our first suite, the 2 bedroom. My mother will also be joining us. I am very excited! Any other tips and advice would be much appreciated.Thank you!

We sailed with our tiny 2 year-old on the Pearl. I called and requested a pack and play. They also had mini cribs and could tell me the exact dimensions of both the p&p and crib. You might want your own sheet and a blanket since they only had regular-sized ones. We also were in a family suite and put the p&p next to the closets between the main br and the bathroom. Our older two had the other bedroom. On the Pearl, the sister of the Jade, there was a parent and tot play area for the under three crowd. They can bring you a highchair for the room if you plan on eating in. You can request that the fridge be emptied if you need to store snacks or drinks.

Have a wonderful trip!,

MMG