? lunch before shore excursion

CJcruzer

what venues and what are the opening times, for having a quick light lunch before getting off for a 12 pm noon shore excursion.....

Pool grill, buffet, Bistro on 5 - all are possibilities, but have no idea when they start lunch.

Was wondering if I should switch to the 1 pm departure.

thanks

Carol

Edited by CJcruzer

Pool grill usually opens at noon. Buffet MIGHT open at 11:30, but more likely noon. Maybe just have a late breakfast?

maybe a reservation at bistro on 5 would work. all the excursions scheduled leave between 11 am - 1 pm that day, with only one 10:30 am excursion start , which includes a lunch..... we dock at 11 a.m. the other excursions do not include lunch.

perhaps they will adjust lunch hours, considering the docking/excursion timings?

Carol

Edited by CJcruzer

I just pulled my Celebrity Today's from my December Sailing on Sillouhette, that had a 11am call in Grand Cayman.

• No lunch in MDR that day (normal for port days)
  • Late Breakfast in Ocean View 10-11:30 am
  • Lunch 12-2:30
  • Mast Grill opened at 11:30
  • Aqua Spa noon-2:30
  • Bistro open all day 8am-12:30am
  • The Porch (on select S class ships only) 8am to 3pm

If you are on Sillie or a ship with the Porch, that's likely your BEST bet, besides Bistro on 5.

I checked a Celebrity Today for a sea day on that same crusie, and hours were all the same as port days, but for MDR serving lunch at noon.

Edited by cle-guy

I just pulled my Celebrity Today's from my December Sailing on Sillouhette, that had a 11am call in Grand Cayman.

• No lunch in MDR that day (normal for port days)
  • Late Breakfast in Ocean View 10-11:30 am
  • Lunch 12-2:30
  • Mast Grill opened at 11:30
  • Aqua Spa noon-2:30
  • Bistro open all day 8am-12:30am
  • The Porch (on select S class ships only) 8am to 3pm

If you are on Sillie or a ship with the Porch, that's likely your BEST bet, besides Bistro on 5.

I checked a Celebrity Today for a sea day on that same crusie, and hours were all the same as port days, but for MDR serving lunch at noon.

thanks!

Carol

When we've had that situation we just have a later larger breakfast and not worry about lunch. Typically our cruise breakfasts consist of a cup of yogurt, some berries, a cup of hot tea and maybe some granola. On skip-lunch days we might eat a bigger breakfast at 9:30 or 10 and that would pretty much hold us till tea time in the afternoon or even dinner.

I know a lot of people bring their own individually wrapped bars and packages of nuts, because I've seen them countless times get pulled out of purses and backpacks. We never have, but if you are concerned about going hungry during a tour, then that would be your best bet. Perhaps the tour has a moment or two where you'll be able to purchase something to eat somewhere?

If we're going on an excursion over lunch time, we like to spend some time eating lunch out, with wine, especially in France, Italy, and Spain.

not qn option here, afternoon tour to 2 sites for 5 hours, approx 45 min to 1 hr each way .....

Carol

When we've had that situation we just have a later larger breakfast and not worry about lunch. Typically our cruise breakfasts consist of a cup of yogurt, some berries, a cup of hot tea and maybe some granola. On skip-lunch days we might eat a bigger breakfast at 9:30 or 10 and that would pretty much hold us till tea time in the afternoon or even dinner.

I know a lot of people bring their own individually wrapped bars and packages of nuts, because I've seen them countless times get pulled out of purses and backpacks. We never have, but if you are concerned about going hungry during a tour, then that would be your best bet. Perhaps the tour has a moment or two where you'll be able to purchase something to eat somewhere?

thanks, think we will opt for a late breakfast/brunch, with something small and light for breakfast very early a.m.

Carol