What, if any, interior rooms on Victory have a window / porthole?

LMaxwell

Does Victory have any interiors with a window or port hole? And does anyone know if they are above or below noisy areas? Want an interior for cost, want to be not above or below noisy areas, but if some have a porthole that would be awesome.

This is in response to LMazwell. You are in luck I just checked the deck plan

and they show interior cabins with windows on Lido all the way forward, Empress in same location and upper in same location. The problem with the

cabin on upper deck it looks like it is above the show lounge. Good Luck.

HAPPY SAILING!!!

Thanks, when I look at the deck plans I can't tell what are "interiors with a view" and which are oceanview. So I guess it is any that overlook the front walkaways are considered interiors with a view?

None come up on the booking engine (though they may be booked).

Those forward cabins are cat 4J. We have had them on several ships and love them. We had 9203 on the Victory when we sailed from San Juan.

Here is a link to a few photos of 9203 on the Victory.

http://s594.photobucket.com/user/welldone60/library/Victory%209203?sort=6&page=1

Thanks for the photos. I can't bring up ANY of them on the Carnival booking engine, though I see them on the plans physically (but not by category). Not even the porthole rooms. Did you have to call and specifically ask for that category?

Did you have any downsides to the room? Motion? Noises? Foot traffic past window?

Victory has 2 different types of porthole rooms, one with 2 standard beds that can be pushed together, and one with 1 standard bed plus either an upper bunk or sofa. The "upper/lower" with portholes is great for friends, siblings, or parent/child. That is the cheapest category there is. The porthole rooms with the 2 beds that can be pushed together is the 2nd cheapest category there is. Both of these room types are down on decks 1 & 2, in the very front.

Porthole: 1209, 1210, 1214, 1215, 2220, 2221.

Upper/Lower with portholes: 1201, 1202, 1205, 1206, 2211, 2212, 2216, 2217

I have been in 2216, 2217, & 2220 on similar ships. Those are underneath the backstage area for the theater. One time, I could hear a singer practicing, around 8:00. Other than that, I never heard anything from above. With any of these rooms, you will hear the waves hitting the front of the ship. It's not bad & is usually a very consistent sound, so it can be soothing.

The interiors with picture windows looking out onto a public deck are the most expensive of the interiors. Those will feel more motion, especially as you go higher. It is nice to have that observation deck so close to your room. The deck 6 rooms will be above the backstage area of the theater, way way way up in the front, so probably no noise issue there. The deck 10 rooms are below the fitness center, so definitely a possibility of noise from above, especially with those treadmills.