Princess Shareholder Form for 2015-16

teesquaretx

• 3 weeks later...
This is my first time doing this. What do I need from Scottrade?

From the application form that's attached to this thread:

REQUIRED PROOF OF ELIGIBILITY

Included is a photocopy of: (Please check one)

Shareholder proxy card

Current shares certificate

Current brokerage statement

Nominee statement

Dividend tax voucher

Shares certificate and brokerage statement should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date.

Edited by Astro Flyer

You might need additional software but I am able to pull up my latest statement on line and print. For printers, I choose the PDF option (my google chrome has that at work and on 3 laptops at home). That will let you save it locally as a PDF. Then you can open the PDF and using the highlighter tool, highlight the items you don't want to share (account number, other stocks or amounts) and choose black as the highlight color. Then you can print that to a real printer and fax it in with only the info Princess cares about (CCL 100 shares).

HAL lets you obtain the shareholder OBC by email. Does Princess have an email address for this or are we restricted to fax or regular mail?

No...Princess stopped accepting email requests about a year or two ago.

The reason I've read for this change is that email was less secure than sending a fax or snail mail. Just like what documentation is required to show stock ownership, the application form shows the accepted ways to submit a request...fax or mail only.

Has anyone had any problems with sending the form and documentation by snail mail? I used to fax it but with our recent move to California we no longer have a land line so I can no longer fax from home. I asked my husband if he has fax at work and he said they no longer have it since they just email everything. So it is either snail mail or I take it somewhere and pay a couple of bucks to have it faxed.

Has anyone had any problems with sending the form and documentation by snail mail? I used to fax it but with our recent move to California we no longer have a land line so I can no longer fax from home. I asked my husband if he has fax at work and he said they no longer have it since they just email everything. So it is either snail mail or I take it somewhere and pay a couple of bucks to have it faxed.

Other then issues with the USPS......

When Princess receives it it works the same way. ;)

the last 3-4 times we have used US mail….about a week later i check the personalizer and it its right there……thats about the only time i ever use a postage stamp these days but i understand the princess policy on the issue…good luck!

From the application form that's attached to this thread:

REQUIRED PROOF OF ELIGIBILITY

Included is a photocopy of: (Please check one)

Shareholder proxy card

Current shares certificate

Current brokerage statement

Nominee statement

Dividend tax voucher

Shares certificate and brokerage statement should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date.

Thanks for that. I did read the form. I wasn't able to find any of those on Scottrade. I guess I'll just call Scottrade and ask them.

Thanks for that. I did read the form. I wasn't able to find any of those on Scottrade. I guess I'll just call Scottrade and ask them.

You could also call the section that does such a great job processing our requests to confirm if Scottrade provided you with an acceptable document: 800 872 6779 ext. 30317

You could also call the section that does such a great job processing our requests to confirm if Scottrade provided you with an acceptable document: 800 872 6779 ext. 30317

You should be able to find statements in a history section. Just use the latest one.

Thanks for the info. I figured it out at lunch today and was able to find a statement online. Scottrade's website is a bit difficult to find things.

Thanks for the info. I figured it out at lunch today and was able to find a statement online. Scottrade's website is a bit difficult to find things.

Glad that it was helpful for you & enjoy your SOBC. :)

I always consider the total amount of all types of OBC when deciding whether to book as a single longer cruise or as a b2b & have had each way work best on different cruises.

If you're an honorably discharged veteran who meets their criteria, Princess generously gives us the same amount of OBC as they give to shareholders. :D

Edited by Astro Flyer