Cruise Critic Community
jacksmom09

Valor-need to knows??

Hi leaving on Valor next Sat and would love any info/tips/things I need to know for my family with one teen and one nine year old? Hubbie and I are looking forward to some adult time with kids in kids club! Any suggestions? TIA for any help!

The fish and chips place upstairs from Rosie's is good if you like that sort of thing. I found the fish greasy, but there are other options. There's a review link in my signature for more information on the ship.

Valor has a large serenity deck. Try to get a couple loungers and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valor has a large serenity deck. Try to get a couple loungers and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One note, to get to the Serenity Lower deck, there is an elevator on the Spa Deck. It is not part of the other elevator group. You need to exit the main elevators, and then look to the Port Side, a little Forward and you will find the elevator. It only goes up and down 1 level.

To get the Upper Serenity Deck, you must walk up the stairs on the Starboard side of the Lower Serenity deck. :(

Also, the lower deck can be noisy close to the Open Pool Deck below and Slide area. If you want true Serenity try to grab a clam shell (or what ever they call them) toward the bow.:)

Edited by jwjax

One note, to get to the Serenity Lower deck, there is an elevator on the Spa Deck. It is not part of the other elevator group. You need to exit the main elevators, and then look to the Port Side, a little Forward and you will find the elevator. It only goes up and down 1 level.

To get the Upper Serenity Deck, you must walk up the stairs on the Starboard side of the Lower Serenity deck. :(

Also, the lower deck can be noisy close to the Open Pool Deck below and Slide area. If you want true Serenity try to grab a clam shell (or what ever they call them) toward the bow.:)

Clamshells are great but usually cant get one as people take them early and keep them for the day.:(

We usually lay out by couches as you walk out. Can be a bit noisy but a nice play to lay out and read.

There is an adult pool all the way at the back of the boat on deck 9. Pizza is back there too. There is a cover that can be moved over the pool and hot tubs in bad weather.

Look for Pow Pow- a bar server on lid decks during the day and the comedy club at night. He's a hoot! He'll fist bump you and say" boom boom Pow Pow". He's very attentive and will remember your name. His real name is Ida.

The fish and chips place upstairs from Rosie's is good if you like that sort of thing. I found the fish greasy, but there are other options. There's a review link in my signature for more information on the ship.

Loved your review!