Luggage Valet + Jet Blue + FLL?

Looking at taking a Jet Blue flight for a cruise in March of 2016. There are only 2 flights going home, 1 too early in the am and the other 7:00 pm. I don't mind the later one because we get to spend the day in Ft Lauderdale. My problem is what to do with luggage. We probably just want to water taxi around all day but don't want to haul the luggage. Does anyone know if Jet Blue participates in the valet service and if so, is it a given that it will be available or do they not offer that all the time? I have never flown Jet Blue and we have always had valet, so I just don't know. Thank you.

Looking at taking a Jet Blue flight for a cruise in March of 2016. There are only 2 flights going home' date=' 1 too early in the am and the other 7:00 pm. I don't mind the later one because we get to spend the day in Ft Lauderdale. My problem is what to do with luggage. We probably just want to water taxi around all day but don't want to haul the luggage. Does anyone know if Jet Blue participates in the valet service and if so, is it a given that it will be available or do they not offer that all the time? I have never flown Jet Blue and we have always had valet, so I just don't know. Thank you.[/quote']

Yes Luggage Valet

Looking at taking a Jet Blue flight for a cruise in March of 2016. There are only 2 flights going home' date=' 1 too early in the am and the other 7:00 pm. I don't mind the later one because we get to spend the day in Ft Lauderdale. My problem is what to do with luggage. We probably just want to water taxi around all day but don't want to haul the luggage. Does anyone know if Jet Blue participates in the valet service and if so, is it a given that it will be available or do they not offer that all the time? I have never flown Jet Blue and we have always had valet, so I just don't know. Thank you.[/quote']

We just got off the Oasis on 7/25, used the luggage valet. Flew Jet Blue out of FLL to Washington National in DC. Worked like a charm. Disembarking was so much faster, too. BTW, just moved from Charleston. Miss it already.

Sandy

If you fly JetBlue to the cruise also, be sure to fly the day before, or get insurance. JetBlue recently cancelled my parents' flight to JFK with no explanation. They had to pay $980 to fly Delta in stead in order to make their connection flight to Namibia. As noted, JetBlue gave no explanation for the cancelled flight, and only rebooked them for a flight two days later... too late to connect to Africa.

We are still waiting for the JetBlue refund and insurance reimbursement - 5 weeks later.

If you fly JetBlue to the cruise also, be sure to fly the day before, or get insurance. JetBlue recently cancelled my parents' flight to JFK with no explanation. They had to pay $980 to fly Delta in stead in order to make their connection flight to Namibia. As noted, JetBlue gave no explanation for the cancelled flight, and only rebooked them for a flight two days later... too late to connect to Africa.

We are still waiting for the JetBlue refund and insurance reimbursement - 5 weeks later.

On my last cruise, American was the airline that almost ruined a 15 night departure and Jetblue saved the day. I was thankfully flying in the day before,but my point is that it isn't just JB that is risky.

On my last cruise, American was the airline that almost ruined a 15 night departure and Jetblue saved the day. I was thankfully flying in the day before,but my point is that it isn't just JB that is risky.

That is very true. The main thing we learned from our experience is to look at airlines that have frequent flights among the chosen airports, that way you have many other options in case there is a delay/cancellation. In our case, JetBlue had very limited flights between the two airports, hence no ability to get onto a later flight. Had we booked on Delta from the start, we would have had 3 other options. So, it is very dependent upon the airports and airlines that serve them. :)

Edited by APDMOM
typo

We just got off the Oasis on 7/25, used the luggage valet. Flew Jet Blue out of FLL to Washington National in DC. Worked like a charm. Disembarking was so much faster, too. BTW, just moved from Charleston. Miss it already.

Sandy

I'm sorry you had to leave Charleston. We actually only moved there not quite 2 years ago and spend summers back in Michigan. We do love it though.

Thank you all for this information. You have been most helpful. Now I need to rethink this. We normally always fly in the day before but this is for an 11 day cruise and we have 3 animals to board, plus our ds and ddil can't take an extra day off of work, SO I thought we could fly in, in the am the day of the cruise. We are only flying from JAX to FLL direct so didn't think of cancelled flights. YIKES!:eek::eek:

So with that said, does anyone know how or if you can find the history of an airlines cancelled flights?