Must haves for long cruises.

Duffysmom

We were on a 49 day cruise around Cape Horn, and we did well, but I did have to shop for a few things,,

Stockings, extra ones, as the ship runs out after the first formal night! Never found any, and no one in my group had any.

Playing cards

Crazy glue

Scotch tape

Small stand for your smart phone, to use as a clock at night, and then if needed as a flash light.

I think Gift Services sell ship specific Playing Cards for US$3.95 if that's any help as a practical souvenir.

Stockings, extra ones, as the ship runs out after the first formal night! Never found any, and no one in my group had any.

LOL! :D So true! I was scouting all over Catalina once to find pantyhose since there had been an unfortunate pantyhose malfunction the night before. You would think a town like Avalon would have that, but it took me forever to discover a small supply in an even smaller drugstore. (You guys would not relate. Well, maybe you would. :p)

LOL! :D So true! I was scouting all over Catalina once to find pantyhose since there had been an unfortunate pantyhose malfunction the night before. You would think a town like Avalon would have that, but it took me forever to discover a small supply in an even smaller drugstore. (You guys would not relate. Well, maybe you would. :p)

I always carry some of the Jergens self tanner and just go bare legged. Just enough color to not be screaming white.

Yes, L115

Caribill

I have gone back and looked at my photos and our shower storage in our balcony cabin was the same as yours. I honestly thought there was "great storage" as it suited us. WE had been travelling for a while and some places didn't even have a shelf so I must have thought the ship's shower storage was better than that!

The three shelves that I remembered were above the basin - not in the shower.

So sorry for the confusion and my bad memory.

We also booked our first longer cruise - 30 days Hawaii and Tahiti and I am starting to get nervous about too many sea days. Do they have more activities?

Thanks

We did this cruise last year.

My favorite cruise (so far)

We had a fabulous roll call and we had things planned on a lot of the Sea Days.

Princess had PLENTY of activities for Sea Days also.

I had loaded my Kindle with books....never had time to read them.

I read them waiting in the airports.

If you're not already a member of the Roll Call, I would really suggest you join. I'm sure they have things planned.

The extra activities and wonderful people you connect with on longer cruises, is fantastic.

Here's a link to the Shutterfly page I made for our Hawaii/Tahiti cruise last fall. https://crownprincesssouthpacific2014.shutterfly.com/

Take a look around and see what all we planned and did.

Biggest Roll Call I've ever been on.

I also did a review if you want to read it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2134630

• 3 weeks later...

Most of our trips are long ones and we are getting ready for an around the world. Before we became elite. We brought purex laundry sheets and lots of quarters. Don't take a lot of clothes and usually throw something in the suitcase the day before we leave. However, I do have a spreadsheet which includes everything we need to do and take before we leave. Yes, I can be anal.

We have a small digital clock that has large numbers that is kind of a night light and is helpful when you wake up before daylight. We always take an extension in case our iPads need charging and we want to be on the balcony. Also a corkscrew for whatever wine we are able to smuggle onboard. We make sure we have all our prescription medicine in pill minders and also buy whatever OTC medicines we could possibly need. My husband does not seem to be able to get on a cruise ship without getting a cold and DayQuil and NyQuil are incredibly expensive on a ship. Scotch always seems to be useful and takes up very little room. I always bring my own shampoo and conditioner as well as a couple of trash bags to use for dirty laundry.

I don't do anything extra for a longer cruise other than bring more toiletries and some extra tops and maybe a couple of pants. You'll find that there are a lot of things to do on sea days so unless you really like to stay in your cabin, I wouldn't bring a DVD player and cables.

I agree. I just take my kindle filled with books and enjoy the ship and the sea.

WCC

My longest on the same ship was 22 nights. Didn't think at all when packing about bringing along any comforts of home, and when I got home the only thing I realized I missed was a relatively quiet toilet :o.

Best thing to bring is a go-with-the-flow attitude. If a certain public room is too cold or too crowded, or the elevators are too slow, or the coffee station on one side of the buffet is never well stocked, that's the way it will be for four weeks so don't let it worry you the same way it might on a seven day cruise. And don't even think about caring about been seen in the same clothes twice--every one else is in the same boat! Unless I spilled something on it it went right back onto the hanger every night; thank goodness the stuff-a-bag laundry special came at the perfect time.

Ditto!!!

After walking on my cold floors this morning I had to wonder about this.... are the bathmats in the cabin you are referring to the plastic ones or are they made of material?

Originally Posted by caribill View Post

There is a bathmat in your cabin, so you do not have to ask for one.

<<If you need two at the same time to cover more floor area, then you need to ask for the second one.>>

Just explain to your room steward the first day what you need and wam-o! You will have a fully carpeted bathroom if you ask No more cold toes! :cool: