Mini-Suites with Large Balcony on Getaway - Lack of privacy?

According to what we have seen, the balconies of the Mini Suites with a considerable larger balcony (Deck 8) stick out a little bit compared to the balconies of the rooms above.

The rooms above (Deck 9) these Mini Suites seem to be the non-Mini-Suites with a large balcony, which also stick a little bit out compared to all the rooms with a regular balcony above.

The Mini Suite with that large balcony looks very nice with that really spacious balcony, but: Everyone above is looking down on you! I think about cigarettes and litter flying around while having breakfast and that sometimes someone is staring from above right on your balcony while you are resting on a lounger.

Has anyone stayed in these suites and can tell me that my worries are a little excessive?

Please sell me on these Mini-Suites with a large balcony and share your experiences :)

I had one of these balconies in November and it was fantastic. Really, it was huge. Yes part is exposed but there is also about 1/3 of it that is shielded by the balconies above it. No litter at all and there is not supposed to be smoking on the balconies anymore so I would hope cigarettes are not a problem. Enjoy it. You will not be disappointed.

We are a family of 4 and Loved the mini with large balcony on deck 8. The bathroom and shower was so nice and large great for a family getting ready at the same time.

The balcony was TDF. 2 loungers 2 chairs and a small table. We could and did move the furniture around depending on if we wanted sun or not. Yes 2/3 of it is exposed to the upper decks but most of the people crammed on the other balcony's look down and think how do they have such a big balcony and we have to sit sideways.

We never had any issues of trash on our balcony.

I think the way to think about this is to realize that EVERY balcony on board BA/GA will have about the same amount of "private" space as any other. They ALL (to my knowledge) are protected by about 3-4 feet of overhang from the deck above. But the ONLY cabins (again, to my knowledge) that ALSO have some degree of unprotected space (meaning greater potential for sunbathing, etc.) are the B1s, B6s, and M6s.

wow, thank you for all your thoughts, pictures and input! We are now ready to book one of these Mini-Suites :)

I hope they serve french toast for breakfast anywhere

Yes, there is french toast in the buffet and they also have this wonderful bananas foster type sauce that I love to put on them:p

all of your very helpful answers made us call our TA and book - we got one of the last M6 cabins for our sailing starting 17 Jan. 2016.

We have two more questions, maybe someone can help:

- for a third passenger travelling with us we booked another cabin, an inside I2. Looking at the deck plans, some of the I2 cabins look significantly wider than others. Are there differences in size or are the deck plan drawings wrong?

- we need to transer from Miami Airport to the port. With 3 passengers, moneywise, should we take a cab or the NCL shuttle? I guess the cab is significantly cheaper

thanks for your help

Edited by AllureOfVacation

all of your very helpful answers made us call our TA and book - we got one of the last M6 cabins for our sailing starting 17 Jan. 2016.

We have two more questions, maybe someone can help:

- for a third passenger travelling with us we booked another cabin, an inside I2. Looking at the deck plans, some of the I2 cabins look significantly wider than others. Are there differences in size or are the deck plan drawings wrong?

- we need to transer from Miami Airport to the port. With 3 passengers, moneywise, should we take a cab or the NCL shuttle? I guess the cab is significantly cheaper

thanks for your help

How much is the NCL shuttle?

I think the cab is a flat rate fee of $27 but I could be mistaken.

Your concerns are valid. Probably 2/3 is exposed. Never had the rooms but I have seen from above. My bigger concern would be do you want to be in the front of the ship where it is rougher. Look at the rooms with big balconies on the back of the ship?

This is what an M6 looking up is, yes you are exposed on part, but As I stretch out on my lounger while others just try to be comfortable...

20141008_174043_zpsczk4rr79.jpg

Hey! That's my photograph! :confused: It was taken from our M6 #8130. I have that picture plus many more in the review that's under my signature.

We had one of the B6 cabins with large balcony last August. We had liquid (pray it was someones drink) hit us when we were out on the balcony during sailaway in Miami. In St. Thomas we were hit with bread some of the idiots above us were tossing to the seagulls as we were pulling out. One morning we also had glass on the balcony. Obviously someone from above dropped a glass from above and we got the remains. As a general rule you can't stop people from being stupid.

Thankfully since then the smoking ban has gone into effect. The woman below us in one of the M6 minisuites was a chain smoker and the smoke would drift up to us when she was out puffing.

Honestly it didn't top us from grabbing a similar cabin for this August (in one of the BX cabins on deck 8 in a few weeks).