Is it risky to take Maiden voyage?

As most have opined (and I agree) the OP is unlikely to encounter any of the issues faced during the first few sailings of the Quantum. There still might be some service issues as the crew gets used to a new ship but the re-positioning cruise is after about 3+ weeks of sailings so even that should be sorted by then.

[quote name='Biker19']As most have opined (and I agree) the OP is unlikely to encounter any of the issues faced during the first few sailings of the Quantum. There still might be some service issues as the crew gets used to a new ship but the re-positioning cruise is after about 3+ weeks of sailings so even that should be sorted by then.[/QUOTE]

The Quantum Inaugural was after 3 plus weeks of sailing. I hope the original poster who asked the question about sailing on a maiden voyage takes the Quantum problems into consideration. It was the first Royal cruise that I walked away from feeling cheated and disappointed.

I have to agree with all of cruisenfever's posts. A beautiful and new ship does not make up for very poor service and lack of advertised amenities and other new features that weren't operating or fully functioning.