Looking for info on planning an event on ship.

lulu78

Hello, I'm looking for any information about having an event on board a cruise ship. How is it? How much? What do they provide? Can I bring my own decorations?

My siblings and I are planning our parents' 50th wedding anniversary in the next couple years (I know, I like to plan early), since we all love cruising, we thought an event on a ship and then sail off for a week sounds like a perfect combo.

Any information, pictures, suggestions, or comments welcomed.

Thank you!!!

Hello, I'm looking for any information about having an event on board a cruise ship. How is it? How much? What do they provide? Can I bring my own decorations?

My siblings and I are planning our parents' 50th wedding anniversary in the next couple years (I know, I like to plan early), since we all love cruising, we thought an event on a ship and then sail off for a week sounds like a perfect combo.

Any information, pictures, suggestions, or comments welcomed.

Thank you!!!

If you have a minimum of 20 people attending the event, you can contact Carnival's Event Planning Dept. to make the arrangements. I'm not sure what the current cost per person is. You'll be able to use one of the lounges, and drinks and snacks are provided. If it's just a small family gathering, you could arrange to have your cabin or your parents' cabin decorated. Go here for the information and cost: http://www.carnival.com/FunShops/cabin-decorations

My wife and I did the vow renewal on the Breeze. Cost then was $750 for up to 20 people. This include open bar and about 10 different food items. It was really nice and there was more then enough food. Ours lasted about 2 hours and they would have let us stay longer but we had another function to attend. The only down side is they will not do it on the embark day and you will not know the time until you board the ship.

a0054_zps7a5fd1ae.jpeg

a0055_zpscb6be29e.jpeg

a0057_zps457fa698.jpg

We did one on RCL and cost was about the same. We were able to do ours on sail away, just after the emergency drill, probably since it was in our OS cabin. We only had 14 people and did pay for the 20 person minimum. Also had open bar (well drinks, champagne, and beer) and plenty of food. We could pick from a couple of set menus and took the mid cost selection. Bar and food were all charged per person for two hour minimum.

I started out Emailing the concierge but ended up dealing directly with Group Services.

Edited by jamesr3939