Curious about Cunard

Shamrock990

Re

The big difference is that one Line only uses fresh ingredients and the other re-heats or deep fries ready meals (in the main). Stewart

So why load palettes and palettes of sacks of real genuine potatoes for example at Southampton if they weren't going to cook them on board?

Edited by Scriv

Re

So why load palettes and palettes of sacks of real genuine potatoes for example at Southampton if they weren't going to cook them on board?

Potatoes lend themselves to long storage if kept cool. Did you see any pallets of broccoli, green beans cauliflower etc?

David.

Potatoes lend themselves to long storage if kept cool. Did you see any pallets of broccoli, green beans cauliflower etc?

David.

I always when we arrive at Southampton wait for our disembarkation on deck watching them load up stock for the next cruise and I have seen pallets of every fresh vegetable you could think of being loaded.

That last sentence is proving controversial on the P&O board here, what makes you think that's the case ?

I can believe it, when we asked if we could choose how our "Rack of lamb" was cooked, the waiter just laughed !

Because you couldnt choose how your rack of lamb was cooked you know are believing that means everything on the ship is re heated and cooked landside. If you were the connoisseur that you think you are because you sail with Cunard then you should know that it should be served "pink".

There has always been a "snobbery" attitude towards P&O from long standing Cunarders and they must have cried into there "freshly made" meals when they were bought by Carnival and joining the same company as P&O.
I may be wrong :confused: , and please correct me if I am, but I understood that Carnival acquired Cunard in 1998, and P&O Princess Cruises in 2003.

Were long standing P&O regulars upset to be joining the same company as Cunard?

:D

Because you couldnt choose how your rack of lamb was cooked you know are believing that means everything on the ship is re heated and cooked landside. If you were the connoisseur that you think you are because you sail with Cunard then you should know that it should be served "pink".

Exactly, the previous serving of lamb on Ventura was a rather tragic looking piece of grey meat, I was hoping to be able to ask for pink as I always do on Cunard or any other restaurant. All we get was a laugh, a shrug and another piece of overdone lamb.

It was our last meal in Ventura' s MDR.

A number of posts on this thread have been deleted as they did not comply with our Community Guidelines, if anyone would like any clarification or to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the email below.

Many thanks