When to book December Southern Caribbean?

MXGirl

DH and I are planning on the Southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan on December 12th.

When should we book for the best price?

We have done both Alaska and Western Caribbean.

It seems like I remember last year the prices were really low in the early fall.

Any advise on excursions, when to book or any other useful information would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

You can wait and watch prices but your cabin selection may be down. Good luck and have fun in the sun. the rest someone else will have to help but I believe that on line booking of excursions happen around 70 days out.

Hopfully a Hawiian Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2006;12;5;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Until we sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal

Cheapest rates to cruise happen the first week in Jan; middle of Sept to middle of Oct and first three weeks in Dec.

Deposit your stateroom and have your agent monitor the rates (you can too). If they go down, have your agent contact C/L and have rate adjusted, or get an upgrade.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news....

DW & I booked Golden the middle of February. Prices have moved up at least $100 pp since we booked. I would book now and watch for price drops. Then have your TA get you the lower price if the price does drop. Book early to get best cabin selection & chances for upgrades. Hope to meet you & DH on the ship. icon_cool.gif

We booked our Thanksgiving cruise, 10 days Southern Exotic on the Dawn, at the beginning of LAST November. We basically got to pick the room we wanted and even though the price was high our travel agent has been keeping us posted with decreasing prices. Just this last week we have had two price decreases and it's almost $300 per person. I would suggest that you reserve your cabin where you want it and let your travel agent do their job.

Have a great cruise!!

Nordic Empress 3/03

Star Princess 10/03

Legend of the Seas 9/04

Parents 60th Anniversary Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;09;05;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Dawn Princess 11/04 Thanksgiving Cruise with Family

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;23;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Book now and get a price guarantee. We are booked on 11/27 Serenade of Seas. The price has increased a little plus inside cabins are gone. I really got a deal inside room for the three of us $1,151 everything. Good Luck.

If you want a particular cabin, book NOW. We booked the Golden 12/5/04 sailing back in October in order to get the aft suite we wanted. This is our first Princess cruise and I read that they never really discount the suites anyway, just upgrade those from mini's to full suites if any remain. Only 8 months left!!

Hi MXGirl -

Last year, we booked a minisuite for Thanksgiving for $800 in August. Balconies were going for $600. This was for an Eastern Caribbean cruise.

This year, bookings are up. You do have 2 good things going for you. Sailings the first of Dec are normally very well priced (most people don't travel between Thanksgiving and Christmas) and traditionally, Southern Caribbean goes for less then cruising out of FLL.

If you don't care about a specific cabin - I would wait until the end of summer. If there is still plenty of availability - I would wait until a great special comes by or even after final payment when prices drop if the ship isn't sold out.

Though I would still monitor prices between now and then. If the price goes up, maybe book.

Is TexasGirl going with you? Sounds like a great cruise! Southern Caribbean is better then Western Caribbean (my opinion).

Theresa

RACE20,

Are you a Tony Stewart Fan? I see you are from Indy. I am a big Stewart and Junior fan.

GO #8 & #20.

Coral-

Just trying to decide what to do. My vacations plans at the office are in a whirlwind do to change in staffing. I will go but have not made 100% committment as to where. Texas Girl and DH will not be going. They are not big fans of the Caribbean. Me and DH love it.

Texas Girl is going to Vegas in May and to Oregon in September.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Coral-When do you leave for the Baltic????

We booked our next cruise (March 2005) while onboard Coral Princess in January this year... I prefer to have a good cabin selection and then watch the prices rather than wait and have a "bad" cabin choice...

We did the same for our cruise on the Coral. About 2-3 months before the cruise, the prices dropped. So, our TA arrange everything and we had a refund...

---------- *** ---------- *** ---------- *** ---------- *** ----------

Want to see some pictures from our cruises ?

Just go to:

Alain & Linda cruises pictures

... and enjoy !

---------- *** ---------- *** ---------- *** ---------- *** ----------

March 20, 2005 -> Dawn Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;3;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

1995 - Regal Princess (Eastern Carrib)

2000 - Sea Princess (Western Carrib)

2002 - Dawn Princess (Southern Carrib)

2004 - Coral Princess (Panama canal)

2005 - Dawn Princess (Southern Carrib Meddley)

"Stars are brighter when you look at them from sea !"

Archived