Which Itinerary Out of San Juan?

kwbound

We leave Sunday on the Navigator. We are thinking about booking a cruise on board for next fall out of San Juan. We usually sail from Galveston or New Orleans, so I'm not familiar at all with the Southern Caribbean ports. Which itinerary do you prefer and why?

We are early-mid-50s, and active. We love to snorkel, hike, kayak, explore and of course, beautiful surroundings.

Looking forward to hearing your suggestion.

Donna

I've been on Adventure twice which went to St. Maarten, St. Croix, St. Lucia, Antiqua, and Barbados.... I love this route as it has 5 stops and so much to do and see. Beautiful beaches... I want to go back!

I like that itinerary, but I also like the other because it has one extra sea day. I don't like having a port day on the last full day of the cruise.

I like that itinerary, but I also like the other because it has one extra sea day. I don't like having a port day on the last full day of the cruise.

Luckily for us the last day was the day at sea so we had time to relax after the 5 stops!

Thanks for all the suggestions. We'd definitely prefer the most lush islands. And I do like the idea of having a sea day at the end, although we may stay an extra night or two in PR, so that could be our relaxation days.

We leave Sunday on the Navigator. We are thinking about booking a cruise on board for next fall out of San Juan. We usually sail from Galveston or New Orleans, so I'm not familiar at all with the Southern Caribbean ports. Which itinerary do you prefer and why?

We are early-mid-50s, and active. We love to snorkel, hike, kayak, explore and of course, beautiful surroundings.

Looking forward to hearing your suggestion.

Donna

I have done all itineraries out of SJU. I cant say which is best. You cant make a bad choice. Only way to go is a back to back.

Thanks for all the suggestions. We'd definitely prefer the most lush islands. And I do like the idea of having a sea day at the end, although we may stay an extra night or two in PR, so that could be our relaxation days.

Don't rule out Aruba, Curacao and Bonaire without trying them. We thought we preferred "lush" islands too but after stopping in Aruba on Serenade of the Seas, we booked week-long land vacations there the next two years - perfect weather, great food, amazing beaches, nice blend of laid back and night life.

Edited by 1ParticularHbr