POA Owner's Suite question

Kattus

Just upgraded to an Owner's Suite on Deck 11 (11500 to be exact) because the hot tub on the balcony appeals to DH and I. I knew the more recent OS's on Deck 13 don't have hot tubs, but now hearing from various sources that neither do Deck 11 suites. All pictures and videos showing my room with a hot tub are pre-2013 dry dock. If anyone has any recent information, has stayed in this room, etc, to confirm the non-existence of a hot tub, that would save me a lot of agony, and I would save the $2,000 and switch to a Penthouse Suite. :cool: Thanks in advance!

Edited by Kattus

Just upgraded to an Owner's Suite on Deck 11 (11500 to be exact) because the hot tub on the balcony appeals to DH and I. I knew the more recent OS's on Deck 13 don't have hot tubs, but now hearing from various sources that neither do Deck 11 suites. All pictures and videos showing my room with a hot tub are pre-2013 dry dock. If anyone has any recent information, has stayed in this room, etc, to confirm the non-existence of a hot tub, that would save me a lot of agony, and I would save the $2,000 and switch to a Penthouse Suite. :cool: Thanks in advance!

There is another thread down this page which asked the same question. The only info anyone has so far is what is listed on the NCL website in the booking info for the Owners Suites.

The current info is that suite 10000 plus those on decks 11 and 13 have no guest bath and those on deck 13 have no hot tubs on the balconies. So, it appears based on current info that your deck 11 OS will not have a guest bath, but will have a hot tub on the balcony.

But, since the POA is scheduled to go into drydock in Feb/March this could be subject to change if you are sailing after that date. They removed some of the hot tubs last dry dock in 2013, so it's anyone's guess whether they plan to add hot tubs, or take more out, or leave them as is. NCL has given no info on the specific dry dock changes planned, but one would hope that they would notate the website for any further changes to cabin amenities like extra baths and hot tubs for the benefit of those booking currently.

I don't remember when you sail. We will be on deck 11 the first cruise after the dry dock so could probably find out about your cabin but I know you want an answer now.

We're sailing in May. Just spoke to my PCC again and he said to periodically check in with him to see if there is confirmation as to what the dry dock will consist of, BEFORE my final payment in February. I saw the other threads, was just hoping someone stayed in my cabin and/or had some additional intel about it. What troubles me about the hot tub issue is that my PCC said he wasn't sure anything could be done if intel were to be announced after final payment that mentioned removing hot tubs; I almost feel like calling him back now and moving to a penthouse suite and saving our $2,000.

We're sailing in May. Just spoke to my PCC again and he said to periodically check in with him to see if there is confirmation as to what the dry dock will consist of, BEFORE my final payment in February. I saw the other threads, was just hoping someone stayed in my cabin and/or had some additional intel about it. What troubles me about the hot tub issue is that my PCC said he wasn't sure anything could be done if intel were to be announced after final payment that mentioned removing hot tubs; I almost feel like calling him back now and moving to a penthouse suite and saving our $2,000.

I booked a suite for myself and 3 sisters. We will need the extra 1/2 bath and I am concerned that we paid a lot of $$$ for this upgrade, primarily for the extra 1/2 bath. NCL staffers don't have a clue as to what is going to happen after the refurb. I guess I will have to wait and see what happens. The cabin is already paid for.

I booked a suite for myself and 3 sisters. We will need the extra 1/2 bath and I am concerned that we paid a lot of $$$ for this upgrade, primarily for the extra 1/2 bath. NCL staffers don't have a clue as to what is going to happen after the refurb. I guess I will have to wait and see what happens. The cabin is already paid for.

When is your cruise?

Oh dear.

This is just too, too reminiscent of the NCL nonsense of about 2 years ago, when the "new improved" Deck 13 suites were first unveiled.

At that time, they were describing the suites (including some NOT on Deck 13) so very, very wrong.

The most egregious was the DOS, which for a while was announced to be newly renovated with 2 *separate* bedrooms, plus LR & DR.

Several people booked, who NEEDED "2 separate bedrooms".

But... no....

There weren't 2 separate bedrooms, nothing like that.

NCL must have known by the time construction was started - and certainly a few weeks before completion - exactly what the architectural drawings showed.

This was NOT something like changing bedspread covers, something that can be changed at the last minute.

Some people were sorely misled, and in a way that mattered to them.

Here we are today, where people are making decisions to pay extra, perhaps a lot extra, specifically to get an extra bathroom (or half bath) and/or a hot tub.

That extra half bathroom - or not - WILL be known with certainty long before the ship actually sails for the first time after dry dock.

I remember 2 years ago, when the ship was within days of sailing after drydock, and some of the online information STILL stated "2 separate bedrooms" for that DOS.

Not everyone reads CruiseCritic, so some of the others planning to pay lots extra for that specific suite were still expecting the posted accommodations.

Even some of the phone reps were still giving out incorrect information at that late date.

There was other "misinformation" that lasted way too long, but that one was the most egregious.

GeezerCouple

Oh dear.

This is just too, too reminiscent of the NCL nonsense of about 2 years ago, when the "new improved" Deck 13 suites were first unveiled.

At that time, they were describing the suites (including some NOT on Deck 13) so very, very wrong.

The most egregious was the DOS, which for a while was announced to be newly renovated with 2 *separate* bedrooms, plus LR & DR.

Several people booked, who NEEDED "2 separate bedrooms".

But... no....

There weren't 2 separate bedrooms, nothing like that.

NCL must have known by the time construction was started - and certainly a few weeks before completion - exactly what the architectural drawings showed.

This was NOT something like changing bedspread covers, something that can be changed at the last minute.

Some people were sorely misled, and in a way that mattered to them.

Here we are today, where people are making decisions to pay extra, perhaps a lot extra, specifically to get an extra bathroom (or half bath) and/or a hot tub.

That extra half bathroom - or not - WILL be known with certainty long before the ship actually sails for the first time after dry dock.

I remember 2 years ago, when the ship was within days of sailing after drydock, and some of the online information STILL stated "2 separate bedrooms" for that DOS.

Not everyone reads CruiseCritic, so some of the others planning to pay lots extra for that specific suite were still expecting the posted accommodations.

Even some of the phone reps were still giving out incorrect information at that late date.

There was other "misinformation" that lasted way too long, but that one was the most egregious.

GeezerCouple

That is what I was thinking as I've been reading these posts. I recall your posts back then and all the back and forth info you (and a couple other posters on here) were getting from NCL. There has been zero info from NCL on what is happening during the drydock this time around. We are on the sailing right after drydock and if what was listed in our room is not there I'm not going to be happy. There is one person on the current sailing we asked to see if she could get some info so we are hoping for more info than what we have now.

I was going to say it looks like the ones on 11 still do have the hot tubs - there is a youtube of 11000 from March 2015.

I already explained to my PCC that I'm a basket case with this issue :p I'm actually pretty happy with the switch, seeing as we're going to be in one of the newer suites now. When I told my husband that I switched our category, he said that it really wasn't worth the $2,000+ for both of us for a hot tub and 3 bottles of wine that come with Owner's Suites (and a hot tub that might not even be there next February after all). I said to him "well, NOW the truth comes out, huh" lol

I already explained to my PCC that I'm a basket case with this issue :p I'm actually pretty happy with the switch, seeing as we're going to be in one of the newer suites now. When I told my husband that I switched our category, he said that it really wasn't worth the $2,000+ for both of us for a hot tub and 3 bottles of wine that come with Owner's Suites (and a hot tub that might not even be there next February after all). I said to him "well, NOW the truth comes out, huh" lol

I am perplexed as to what to do. When I booked only the OS on deck 13 didn't have the 1/2 bath and hot tub. About 2 months ago the website was updated to show that the OS on deck 11 don't have the 1/2 bath and missing the hot tub. I was checking a few days ago and noted that now room 10000 no longer has a 1/2 bath and no hot tub. It seems like they are slowly renovating the Owners Suites which is dandy unless you were counting on the extra 1/2 bathroom. I am going to leave it to my Sisters to see how big of a deal this is going to be.

I am perplexed as to what to do. When I booked only the OS on deck 13 didn't have the 1/2 bath and hot tub. About 2 months ago the website was updated to show that the OS on deck 11 don't have the 1/2 bath and missing the hot tub. I was checking a few days ago and noted that now room 10000 no longer has a 1/2 bath and no hot tub. It seems like they are slowly renovating the Owners Suites which is dandy unless you were counting on the extra 1/2 bathroom. I am going to leave it to my Sisters to see how big of a deal this is going to be.

Are there any 2 bedroom deluxe family suites left on your sailing? I hope something works out for you and your sisters in the end, in the form of a nice upsell offer to one of these rooms, or adding 1/2 baths to the OS that don't have them during the dry dock.

Are there any 2 bedroom deluxe family suites left on your sailing? I hope something works out for you and your sisters in the end, in the form of a nice upsell offer to one of these rooms, or adding 1/2 baths to the OS that don't have them during the dry dock.

The 2 bedroom suites are sold out for our sailing and the room is smaller despite being 2 bedrooms. I spoke with my sister who really wanted the extra bathroom and she said she will "deal" with it when we cruise. Hopefully they will leave the 1/2 bathroom alone on the Owner's Suites.