BOGOHO a way of life???

swooldri

They've taken the PT Barnum angle on this - "there's a sucker born every minute". By making believe people are getting a great deal, there's lots of people out there that will actually believe it.

very true, but some of the deals are good, I did well on my 3 that I booked ( sale was good when it 1st came out) , like anything else you need to know the prices.

The only real problem I know of with the RCL BOGO, is they are not giving single passengers the discount on the single supplement. So in your BOGOHO example, a single passenger would have to pay $4000.

Exactly. As a solo traveller I'm finding things much more expensive. I'm sure their reasoning is that they're missing out on onboard spending from solos, but in my case I seem to spend more than many couples as I'm less likely to spend time alone in my cabin, and more likely to book a ship excursion than go on a private tour alone.

The problem with JC Penney isn't just that they got rid of the fake, never-ending sales. It was that they raised their prices back to the insanely inflated MSRP. So that Polo that was always 50% off, but now wasn't, actually did go from $20 to $40. If all of the marked prices dropped to the fake sale price, things may have gone better.

The only real problem I know of with the RCL BOGO, is they are not giving single passengers the discount on the single supplement. So in your BOGOHO example, a single passenger would have to pay $4000.

That is not my experience. I have found that with the $4000 starting price, the solo passenger will get a 25% discount. So the price is still $3000

That is not my experience. I have found that with the $4000 starting price, the solo passenger will get a 25% discount. So the price is still $3000

I'm obviously looking in the wrong places - I've never seen a 75% solo supplement since the BOGOH - lowest I've seen is around 92%, and I've seen some that are over 100% :(

I'm obviously looking in the wrong places - I've never seen a 75% solo supplement since the BOGOH - lowest I've seen is around 92%, and I've seen some that are over 100% :(

You misunderstood my comment. I merely was referring to the poster that said the original price of $4000 that was being sold for $3000 for bogoho would also be sold to the solo passenger for $3000. the original price of $4000 is being discounted 25% to the solo passenger. see post #11 for the original price breakdown synopsis. at the end of the day the solo is still paying a 200% surcharge to have the cabin with only one guest.

You misunderstood my comment. I merely was referring to the poster that said the original price of $4000 that was being sold for $3000 for bogoho would also be sold to the solo passenger for $3000. the original price of $4000 is being discounted 25% to the solo passenger. see post #11 for the original price breakdown synopsis. at the end of the day the solo is still paying a 200% surcharge to have the cabin with only one guest.

What I was saying was that based on post 11 I always seem to end up paying $4000 whereas with the straight pricing I'd only pay $3000.

What I was saying was that based on post 11 I always seem to end up paying $4000 whereas with the straight pricing I'd only pay $3000.

I will definately disagree with that. I just booked a solo and it was the same price as a cabin for two with bogoho pricing less the taxes

We booked a BOGOHO nine night and the price was lower than the previous two seven night cruises we took. By far a great deal for us. I have checked back and the price has gone up, so it makes me feel even better about the deal we got.

Unfortunately, we still have a year and three months till we cruise.

We booked a BOGOHO nine night and the price was lower than the previous two seven night cruises we took. By far a great deal for us. I have checked back and the price has gone up, so it makes me feel even better about the deal we got.

Unfortunately, we still have a year and three months till we cruise.

My RS on Serenade is still 1 YEAR and 7 months away :(