No Johnny Rocket's coupon

I have never cruised on RCI before how does the Johnny Rockets work? I have read that there is a $3.00 surcharge does this include burgers/fries/onion rings or is everything seperate? I understand that milkshakes are seperate what else is extra and what are the cost for milk shakes?

Thanks!

Kim

the coupons are not attached in the booklet. they are given in addition to the booklet. i just got off the 3 night sovereign cruise and yes we got J R coupons so they are given on shorter cruises.

johnny rockets, the cover is $3.95 and this includes any meal portion you order includung desert. you pay extra for any beverages. i don't know the cost of soda but the shakes are $4.14 with the gratuity already added.

What version of books are we talking about? Ours in Feb had a JR's coupon on a 3 nighter but no JR on the Majesty :D Seems book was version 5? They may use up what they have before digging into the new ones. That may be why people are getting different books. Just a thought.

BonVoyage

Dawna

the coupons are not attached in the booklet. they are given in addition to the booklet. i just got off the 3 night sovereign cruise and yes we got J R coupons so they are given on shorter cruises.
You were probably given the coupon because they don't put them in the shorter cruise coupon booklets. Since Sovereign of the Seas is the only short itinerary ship that has a JR's it doesn't make much sense for RCCL to print out special coupon books just for that cruise. So, they just hand out individual coupons.

You were probably given the coupon because they don't put them in the shorter cruise coupon booklets. Since Sovereign of the Seas is the only short itinerary ship that has a JR's it doesn't make much sense for RCCL to print out special coupon books just for that cruise. So, they just hand out individual coupons.

I was on the Explorer in April, 7 night cruise, the coupon was given AFTER the books were passed out. I'm a diamond member and went to the conceige if I needed an additional coupon. (For my son)

i was also on the mariner the week before and the coupon was separate from the booklet as it was on a few other of the cruises i was on. in fact i don't recall it ever being attached to the booklet but i always received it in addition to the booklet if there was a j r on the ship.

On the 5 night Voyager in late May, the coupon was not affixed to the book - the cabin steward had a stack of loose ones and gave us two from that stack when he gave us the book. So, I'd blame your cabin steward for forgetting to give you the JR coupons.

On the 5 night Voyager in late May, the coupon was not affixed to the book - the cabin steward had a stack of loose ones and gave us two from that stack when he gave us the book. So, I'd blame your cabin steward for forgetting to give you the JR coupons.

I never thought to ask. I just assumed the coupon book had changed and Johnny Rocket's was no longer included.

Hi Zoe1214:

When we were on our 9-day cruise on VOS in July, we had JR coupons since we're Platinum members. I heard that shorter cruises don't have as many coupons as the longer cruises. Maybe when the books were printed, the JR coupon (and maybe others) weren't printed for some very strange reason.

Since you just got off of VOS... we are going at the end of October. Could you tell me if there was one formal night and if there was a Platinum/Diamond member party and/or Repeat Passenger Party? I keep getting different answers. The last one I got was that there is a Platinum/Diamond member party on the formal night and that's it. Also when is the formal night? Thanks for your help!

This is really interesting. I wonder why so many of them aren't attached. You'd think that there would be consistancy since they have to print the books out anyways.

My guess is that they had a lot of the booklets already printed when they instituted a fee for JR's this year, so they just printed separate coupons.

I think that the JR coupons are separate because the charge was instituted after they had printed thousands (perhaps hundreds of thousands) of coupon books and because not all ships have a JR. We were on the Mariner in May and the coupon was loose and given to us along with the standard Diamond coupon book. Coupon books are specialized according to C&A membership level, not length of cruise.

Hi Zoe1214:

Since you just got off of VOS... we are going at the end of October. Could you tell me if there was one formal night and if there was a Platinum/Diamond member party and/or Repeat Passenger Party? I keep getting different answers. The last one I got was that there is a Platinum/Diamond member party on the formal night and that's it. Also when is the formal night? Thanks for your help!

Hi...we had one formal night on the 5 night to Bermuda on the second night(Monday). We had a Platinum/Diamond cocktail party on Wednesday night from 7:45pm to 8:30 with open bar and hors d'oerves...by invitation only, which was delivered to your cabin. No Repeat Passenger Party.

Hi Zoe1214:

Thank you so much for the information. RCI informed me that there is one formal night and the Platinum/Diamond party is held on the same night. Go figure... At least I know now what I can/can't pack. Too funny how you get so many different stories. I'll take what I read on CC and for those on a previous cruise. Many thanks again for your help!

Hi Zoe1214:

Thank you so much for the information. RCI informed me that there is one formal night and the Platinum/Diamond party is held on the same night. Go figure... At least I know now what I can/can't pack. Too funny how you get so many different stories. I'll take what I read on CC and for those on a previous cruise. Many thanks again for your help!

You're welcome. Maybe the rep at RCCL was confused and thought you meant the Captain's Welcome Party, which is the same night as the formal night.

Coupon books are specialized according to C&A membership level, not length of cruise.
I am looking at my Crown & Anchor book from my last cruise on Monarch of the Seas. It states Ultimate value booklet 3,4 & 5 night Cruises. Platinum member. So, different cruise lengths get different books.

I was on the Explorer in April, 7 night cruise, the coupon was given AFTER the books were passed out. I'm a diamond member and went to the conceige if I needed an additional coupon. (For my son)

Did the conceirge have addtional coupons readily available in the lounge like they do the Ice Show tickets? That's a new one for me to learn.

On AOS 3 weeks ago had JR's coupon stuck inside my Diamond book but my girlfriend who is a Gold member and did not get a coupon.

Dave

Archived