Blue Hole, Scotchies from Falmouth

Summertime123

Thinking of going to the Blue Hole as part of private excursion. We will be arriving in Falmouth, How long of a ride is it from Falmouth? How long would you spend at the Hole? Can we easily walk to swimming from parking area? Can we swim without climbing? Would two heart patients in their 60's be able to do this? Their will be six in our group. Would like to do the Blue Hole, Scotchies, and something else. Any ideas and the amount of time we would need. Worried about getting back to ship in time. Thank you for any input!

We will be doing this come November.

It is about 1 hour from Falmouth to the Blue Hole (Ocho Rios area). Apparently the last part of the trip is over very rough terrain, so be prepared for a "harrowing" trip. We plan to be there around 1.5 -2 hours. We are older (late 50s) but adventurous...but not to the point of hazardous. I've read that the guides will encourage you to try things, but won't push you to do something you don't want to. I've read that there is a bit of a climb over rocky terrain to get to the Blue Hole, but there are places to stop and rest along the way. There are also areas where you can watch if you don't want to participate.

We will then go to Scotchies for lunch then on to river tubing. We, too, were worried about missing the ship, but trust that any tour operator will do everything they can to get you to the ship before it sails! This is how they make their living and missing the ship would be a HUGE black eye and word would travel far and wide (and might ruin their business). Most have done this many times before, so they know the timing. We will trust them.

Edited by CaroleSS

We just did this from Falmouth with Courtney Taylor last week. $35 pp from port to Blue Hole, Scotchies and back to the ship.

A little over an hour from the port -the roads at the end are rough, but not treacherous.

We spent a few hours there - I don't "jump" -and still had a GREAT time. The guides made sure I got wet, I swam in some of the areas, and the photo ops are priceless!

I can't even begin to say how beautiful it is!

Their photographer will take some pics of you at the end (at the rope swing, if you've seen the pics). The guides will also take photos with your waterproof camera. They're great, young guys.

From the parking area to the Blue hole - it's fine - Very walkable.